Detroit INS Transfer cases

My File Transfer Details

Hi Bopp3,
Thanks to my lawyer, my file got transferred back to Detroit from Indianapolis. It took about 4 weeks, and now they have my case in system.
FYI please do not call Local INS frequently because it makes the situation worse. Someone who calls there was told that if you call there frequently, they put your file on a different shelf.
RD: June 2001,
ND: Aug 2001,
TD: July 31 2002,
EAD and 485 transferred.
Still waiting.
:(

485please,

Thanks for the reply!
I was told by my lawyer not to contact local INS as he would contact them and find the status on my application! I though this was ridiculous, I now understand he is right about INS delaying process if called number of times!
Does this mean you will be notified of Interview date once local INS enter your file into there system?

Thanks

:confused:

Generally on what basis people will get transfer to local INS?If so why?Will it be for interview or if any change of address occurs?

I heard sometimes change of address does'nt reflect across all records including dependents. Sometimes they updates applicants
address without updating dependents address.Pls clear this point?

Bopp3

Yes, we will be notified once our case gets entered into their system. But the big question still remains: When???????

Hi Bopp3,

I would love to post an update that says my wife's case has been approved, except i don't have any such update. For the time being, I would love to have an update of our interview date, or at least the status of her advance parole. But no such luck either.

The suspense is killing me..

I am thinking of changing my login to unhappywithNSCAndDetINS..

When you apply for advance parole, do you at least get a reciept? I applied 5 weeks ago, and have not recieved even the notice yet. My check also has not been cashed.

:(withNSCAndDetINS

Unhappy

looks like Det INS is not following on Transfer dates.
CanCan's case was transfered on July 11th and he had interview on Oct1st, where as u're wife's case was transfered on 06/13 and no interview date yet!
Wondering what would be the criteria!!!!

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad:
One more guy to join your club. Both my wife's and mine got tranferred to Detroit INS. We got married in May and applied in August. So six months marriage date hold true in case too. Here are my details

RD Aug 29
LIN 01 275 5XXX
Transferred to Detroit INS on Oct 17

Diff between local tranfer and Interview?

Hi All,
Could any one explain difference between Interview and local transfer. For Interview does case has to be transfered to be local INS?

Thanks.

Hello everybody,
I have filed my 485 in 09/01 at NSC. I got married in 04/02. I work and live in Houston. My employer is in Detroit. Can anybody please tell me if NSC transfer my case, it would be Detroit or Houston?? Please post your experiances.
Thank you.

I485WAITPLUS
An interivew would take place in local INS. If a case officer at Nebraska thinks he needs more evidence like original certificates,proof of marriage etc, then the case is transfered to local ins and called for an interivew.

Finally got an approval letter..

I just wanted to share good news with you guys. Finally I got an approval letter today from Detroit local INS. I had an iterview first of October. They are asking to come to office to stamp the pasport. They have started to actual card prosess already.

I hope all of you will get this soon. For me it took almost 4 years. What a relief. Thanks for information foreveryone.

Can Can

Congrats, Enjoy the freedom. You gave us hope.
May be at some point of the journey we could see green pastures too!
Did local INS ask you for your recent tax file documents?

Thanks in advance
:)

reply to bopp3

No, she (oficer) did not ask for the tax documents but she wanted to see some mutual things. We have showed mutual account, morgage and car, home insurance. I was going to give tax documents but she said that is enough, I am satisfied.
She did wanted to see mariage document and my employment letter.

Thanks

HI guys/ gals,

Got an update. Had to go there to get advance parole for my wife. While talking to the lady there, found out that many of the officers that take interviews have gone to ports on the border to help immigration there. So they have very few officers to conduct interviews. Hence the delay.

Also, darlene said they had not scheduled any interviews for the month of november, and they will begin interviews in december 2002.

I just had a brainstorm ;) Whenever any of us has to go to DET INS, look for indian couples who look like they are waiting for an interview, and just go and ask them what is their priority date (and then update this thread). That way, we will find how fast the line is moving. I did not think of this until after I came back yesterday, but next time i go there, I will definitely try to ask somebody.

What do you folks think?

Congrats Can Can. :)

Some update from my side too

I got a call from my lawyer informing that Detroit INS is working on scheduling the interview sometimes in December. They have not sent a notice yet, but are working on that. I asked so I should expect interview notice pretty soon, and she said 'Not pretty soon because they are all very busy with something right now'.
Unhappy, looks like what Darlene told you was true, and let's all hope that we will have our interviews before christmas break.
Thanks for updating all of us. BTW, how could you find Darlene? where does she sit? I have to go there and was wondering if she can be easily reached.

Hi 485Please,

I never saw Darlene. I called the DET INS number. Generally if she is there, she picks up. I had talked to her about my wife's advance parole case (mailed 2 months ago, no reply, check not cashed, etc) 3 - 4 times. She said she would ask one of the officers to look into it. They could not find the case after a week, and one day one of the officers called me and asked me to come in and said he would take care of our case.

So I went there and at the information desk asked for him by name. Of course the info lady treated me like crap, but after 30-45 minutes, the officer came out and took all my documents necessary for advance parole. 1 hr later, we had our advance parole. :)