Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

IRS 2003 Question.

My wife is on H4. We have been filing joint returns for past 3-4 yrs.
In the IRS 2003 for my wife.
Q3. During the last 3 yrs did u receive income from sources in USA - NO. obviouslyas she is on H4.
Q4. Did you file a US Individual Income tax return - Will it be a YES or a NO.
According to me it should be a YES as we have been filing joint. But income for her is no. Do these 2 statements
contradict in her case.

Individual Income tax - Does it strictly mean individual or? Will it be same for joint filing?

Hey iamforCP

Do you have the circular # that some of the people are talking regarding the none issuance of PCC for the police station. If you want, you can mail me at aneetgc@yahoo.com or send me private.

Thanks

You are fine - they don\'t contradict

Sudhir,

Individual tax return could be filed singly, jointly or as head of household. Individual refers to a person or a family group as opposed to Business/Corporate tax returns.

My 2 cents, for what its worth. I am not worried about that.

Sudhir and other friends!!!

Hi,

I talked with my family last night. They have received the packet-4.
But there is a date for medical appointment, which is 21 Dec ? So can
anyone tell me why they have given the medical appointment date in
interview later ? One more thing , how many days before I should take appointment with any of the listed doctor. I am reaching delhi
4th Jan and interview date on Jan 17. Is this okay to take appointment
after reaching there.

regds

You can go for medical anyday after 21st Dec.

Hi Sanjay,

Mine is also on 17th. You can go for medical any day after 21st of Dec. You should call the doc and take appointment asap, just to make sure that the docs will be available on the day when you wanna go for med.

Any surprises

hi Sanjay ... I am still waiting to receive my appt. letter. Since you indicated having received the same, any surprises as far as documentation requirements (other than what\'s been discussed in this forum so far)?

regards

No Title

Hi,
my family is received that packet.
So I have talked on PCC stuff not all the stuff.
so Sorry friend I cant help u much..

Got P4 in India

No surprizes other that what we were expecting regarding PCC. There is a yellow sheet explaining the requirement of PCC, which is the same as published in www.immihelp.com.

Sanjay234 that is very interesting.

Those guys have started giving out medical appt. dates also.

I think it is for the reference of the doctor that you will come in any time after that date for appt.
But anyway I would advice you to ask your relatives to call the doctor and ask about the same.

AKS 1234...So you are saying that your P4 has a letter saying that if u are currently residing in th

Please confirm this GOOD NEWS!

Packet 4

Has anybody received a copy of Packet 4 in US?
Actually I haven\'t received it in US yet but my lawyers are insisting to have a copy of Packet 4 document list.
Would appreciate if somebody please let me know if they have a copy of Packet 4 in US. (Send me private if you can).
thanks.

Dude ap

Hi Dude ap,

Actually the sheet says that you have to bring 2 PCC, one from RPO and the other one from your local Police station.

Sorry Dude - no good news, it\'s the same.

Rajiv , How to present non-working wife having H1

Rajiv, My wife has H1 but because of bad market she couldn\'t get a job for this year(2001) at all(no pay stubs). So now I am confused about what to fill in the column "Occupation of spouse"(Packet 3).
Neither can I fill "house wife" as she has H1, nor "Working" as she may be considered out of status which can create problems in interview.She has H1 but not stamped on the passport yet.
I thought two options :
1) I go to my country and get my wife stamped as H4 immediately, before going to embassy for interview.
2) I should apply for H4 here in US before leaving for my country.
Your comments will be appreciated.
Any other opinion or options are welcome.
Thanks

Apply for change of status to H4 immediately....

IMHO, that is the best way to handle this.

You should not put your and your wife\'s GC at risk because of an H-1 status that is not really valid. You have H1, she can go on H4, no difference in terms of money that you earn..............so why go out on a limb and potentially hang yourself out to dry.

My $.02, not legal advice....

Sanjay234 : AEC & DS1743

AEC: is your labor approval letter. AEC is your first stage of GC process & AEC approval goes along with your I140 filing. Typically AEC is called as labor approval in genaral terms. I suggest that you do take your AEC & I140 approval copies along with yourself at interview.
DS1743 : is a state department employment verification form which is not necessary for CP interview. I have confirmed it with my attorney too. Please see my post, I had mentioned that I will carry DS1743 only if suggested by attorney. I am not carrying it now since it\'s necessity is discarded by my attorney & many others on this board.

Hope this helps,
Vishal

Guys: just a heads up :

Do you foresee any problem associated with this for January 2002 applicants ? Do you predict anything wrong for our priority dates based on the info in this link? Just wanted to learn your openions eventhough I personally think that we should be safe.

gc_hopeful2000 "IMPORTANT: DELHI CP INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE" 12/27/01 2:55pm

Sudhir, Vishal, others:: Packet 4 question

I finally got a copy of my packet 4 that my dad collected from the Delhi embassy. Since embassy folks hand out a duplicate copy, there is no interview letter in the packet 4 that I received.
Only thing the person at the inquiry counter did was put my case number and date/time of interview on the front page with a pen.
Do you guys know whether this is sufficient enough or am I supposed to collect a duplicate copy of the interview letter as well.