• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

December numbers released

Britsimon

Super Moderator
Here are the numbers - passed to me a few minutes ago by a good person...

africa 19400
egypt 11700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

These numbers are much lower than expected.

edit - there was a typo for Egypt. Apologies, now corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:

africa 19400
egypt 17700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

Really below expectation Simon, thanks very much.

Sad numbers...
Hope they are preparing a beautiful christmas present for us by December.
Will be back after I finish my crying.

africa 19400
egypt 17700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

africa 19400
egypt 17700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

Thanks, Simon.

Congrats to those who are current now, and hopefully the rest will become current soon.

(I'm current now, btw)

Great job getting the numbers for ALL and the regions and posting Simon.

I must warn you though to be prepared for the onslaught of attacks to be followed by those who wanted to be 'recognized' for doing the good deed. Go put on your protective armor if you don't have it on already. :)

Great job getting the numbers for ALL and the regions and posting Simon.

I must warn you though to be prepared for the onslaught of attacks to be followed by those who wanted to be 'recognized' for doing the good deed. Go put on your protective armor if you don't have it on already. :)

Funnily enough the person who actually made the calls and got ALL the numbers doesn't even want the "recognition". THAT is how a good person behaves. As for the attacks from crying children - well I have broad shoulders...

I had the feeling.

I think AS will be lower that any of the numbers proposed here. Fasten your belts for the shock.

And this is my thesis:

I agree with kayend that after AS passes 8000 we should see huge increments in the cut-off number.

That actually explains why the progression for AS has been so slow. If the majority of the selectees below 8000 are from Iran then they may be overwhelming the embassies that process selectees from Iran, and that's why they are increasing the cut-off very slowly.

I will not be surprised if AS progression turns out to be excruciatingly slow before 8000 but then picks up exponentially after that.

great job getting the numbers for all and the regions and posting simon.

lol. :)

africa 19400
egypt 17700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

Great job simon at least moved a bit in asia !

Honestly i'm really sad , i know that i'll have my interview in march now but for me is a long time! i just can't realize how from 12500 for europe moved only 700! Truly sad!

africa 19400
egypt 17700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

Bollocks !!!

Think I'm gonna treat myself for Christmas instead of saving for a move to the US of A cause it will probably not happen :)

I had the feeling.

And this is my thesis:

I'm starting to appreciate your theory - that could indeed explain Asia. However, the other regions trouble me more. These numbers are much lower than thought - which probably means that KCC have had a better form return and interview turnup rate than they even expected. I think that could be to do with the perception that the economy in the USA is getting better and that this could be a good time to be there. That seemed to be what was behind the massive over subscription in H1 applications this year - and could be having similar impact on the lottery also. I do hope that is an incorrect theory...

It would be nice to get some insight from someone in the know re why things are moving slower than prior years when the number of selectees is greater.

I'm starting to appreciate your theory - that could indeed explain Asia. However, the other regions trouble me more. These numbers are much lower than thought - which probably means that KCC have had a better form return and interview turnup rate than they even expected. I think that could be to do with the perception that the economy in the USA is getting better and that this could be a good time to be there. That seemed to be what was behind the massive over subscription in H1 applications this year - and could be having similar impact on the lottery also. I do hope that is an incorrect theory...

Agree... +1

which probably means that KCC have had a better form return and interview turnup rate than they even expected. I think that could be to do with the perception that the economy in the USA is getting better and that this could be a good time to be there. That seemed to be what was behind the massive over subscription in H1 applications this year - and could be having similar impact on the lottery also. I do hope that is an incorrect theory...