• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

December numbers released

If this is the progression. I seriously think at least half of the selectees from each region will not have their chances. Really sad to see this numbers, especially for the month of January. Let hold our hands together and hope a better progression for the remaining 8 months.

Here are the numbers - passed to me a few minutes ago by a good person...

africa 19400
egypt 17700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

These numbers are much lower than expected.
Thanks for info...not happy with asia cutoff this time as well:(

africa 19400
egypt 17700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

Thanks Simon, it's very much appreciated , but I have a doubt about Egypt cut off. It was 9030 by Dec and it jumb to 17700 , my best expectation was 12000. Forgive me but I will cross all my fingers to see this no in the VB when officially announced

I'm starting to appreciate your theory - that could indeed explain Asia. However, the other regions trouble me more. These numbers are much lower than thought - which probably means that KCC have had a better form return and interview turnup rate than they even expected. I think that could be to do with the perception that the economy in the USA is getting better and that this could be a good time to be there. That seemed to be what was behind the massive over subscription in H1 applications this year - and could be having similar impact on the lottery also. I do hope that is an incorrect theory...

Agreed.

If Iran has anything to do with the slow AS progression, very soon they will establish a separate cut-off for it. The reason that they already have not done so is probably because it would be absurd to have a country-specific cut-off at 3,000!

africa 19400
egypt 11700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

edit - there was a typo for Egypt. Apologies, now corrected.

Now,Does It mean, it is a time to loose hope of getting 2NL above 10k in Asia region??

Almost no movement for Europe, I have the strange feeling that won't end good for high CNs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Simon, it's very much appreciated , but I have a doubt about Egypt cut off. It was 9030 by Dec and it jumb to 17700 , my best expectation was 12000. Forgive me but I will cross all my fingers to see this no in the VB when officially announced

You are correct - there was a typo ion the number which I have now corrected.

africa 19400
egypt 11700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

That's really slower than expected, do you think AS 10k above have a chance?

africa 19400
egypt 11700
ethiopia 13000
Nigeria 8000
EUROPE 13200
SOUTH AMERICA 700
OCEANIA 550
NORTH AMERICA 6
ASIA 3000

You are sure that for Europe this is the cut-off ?

Thank you so much secret caller !! And thank you to Simon for posting this info.

Wow Oceania numbers make me think that we arent even going to get to 1500.... sad.. :(

Indeed. Why select 4200 for Oceania and then proceed at such a snail's pace.:(

Thank you so much secret caller !! And thank you to Simon for posting this info.

Wow Oceania numbers make me think that we arent even going to get to 1500.... sad.. :(

Great job getting the numbers for ALL and the regions and posting Simon.

I must warn you though to be prepared for the onslaught of attacks to be followed by those who wanted to be 'recognized' for doing the good deed. Go put on your protective armor if you don't have it on already. :)

Lol +1

Simon - thank you so much for the numbers! I'm stoked to say I'm current. I also feel sorry for all the guys who missed it this time, as the numbers (at least for Europe) seem to be going on slow. HOWEVER please do remember we still have it better than the rest of the people, who have not been selected.. 'Good things come to those who wait'... All the best to all of you!

COngrats Meggie

And yes I agree IhartNY I am around the same number as you and this is like pulling teeth.

I am hoping we get the opportunity to get a visa

Without the official visa bulletin, how he can be "sure" of anything? C'mon guys, either you want the numbers early or you want to be absolutely sure it's official, then you need to wait for publication... You can't have it both ways...

It is official now. December 2013 Bulletin has just been published online

Without the official visa bulletin, how he can be "sure" of anything? C'mon guys, either you want the numbers early or you want to be absolutely sure it's official, then you need to wait for publication... You can't have it both ways...

Thanks, Simon.

Congrats to those who are current now, and hopefully the rest will become current soon.

(I'm current now, btw)

All the best my dear friend......!!! btw where are u from? keep in touch and share ur experience with us.... i have already gave up my hopes since my CN range is in 18k in ASIA......