• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

December numbers released

Hi all,
I need your advice on my situation. My CN is EU33xxx and i also have a boyfriend who is a us citizen. Last month he proposed and we're planning a wedding now. However, I didn't want to get married until I get my DV interview and GC because it seemed to be easier and faster than a spouse visa process. But now i start getting worried because the cut-off for Europe is moving very slow and I'm afraid that I won't be ever called for an interview. Do you think I should still wait for my DV interview, or it would be more reasonable to apply for a fiance visa (or get married in Europe and apply for a spouse visa)? And if I never get called for a DV interview (or get refused my visa for some reason), do you think it complicate to get a fiance/spouse visa after that?
Thanks a lot for your opinion!

Getting married to us citizen is the safest way to get a GC, however u will still have to wait 2 or three years before u get it but its solid!
Regarding ur case number,u might still get an interview according to me , but things can always happen
A document that's short somewhere somehow the mood of the CO !! U can always get a denial! Remember
Its a lottery. So if u want to play its up to u?!
If u give up ur dv app and u get married u will definitly have GC, and u will give somebody and
His familly memebers A chance to get a GC through the dv.
So its your choice.
Personaly I would get married :)
Ps: congrats for the proposal.

Hi all,
I need your advice on my situation. My CN is EU33xxx and i also have a boyfriend who is a us citizen. Last month he proposed and we're planning a wedding now. However, I didn't want to get married until I get my DV interview and GC because it seemed to be easier and faster than a spouse visa process. But now i start getting worried because the cut-off for Europe is moving very slow and I'm afraid that I won't be ever called for an interview. Do you think I should still wait for my DV interview, or it would be more reasonable to apply for a fiance visa (or get married in Europe and apply for a spouse visa)? And if I never get called for a DV interview (or get refused my visa for some reason), do you think it complicate to get a fiance/spouse visa after that?
Thanks a lot for your opinion!

I understand and agree with the points Vladek is making BUT I would personally say to continue the DV process. If you get a GC through marriage you do have to stay married for some time (two years I think) and during that time your GC is conditional. If you get the GC through DV you are safer. Yes Vladek makes a good point about one more chance for someone else - but this (DV) is your safest/quickest option). You can still apply for the fiancee visa but just see what comes first.

I understand and agree with the points Vladek is making BUT I would personally say to continue the DV process. If you get a GC through marriage you do have to stay married for some time (two years I think) and during that time your GC is conditional. If you get the GC through DV you are safer. Yes Vladek makes a good point about one more chance for someone else - but this (DV) is your safest/quickest option). You can still apply for the fiancee visa but just see what comes first.

Evenings,
Can she still apply for both ? Like getting married and play the dv?!
Thanks

Hi all,
I need your advice on my situation. My CN is EU33xxx and i also have a boyfriend who is a us citizen. Last month he proposed and we're planning a wedding now. However, I didn't want to get married until I get my DV interview and GC because it seemed to be easier and faster than a spouse visa process. But now i start getting worried because the cut-off for Europe is moving very slow and I'm afraid that I won't be ever called for an interview. Do you think I should still wait for my DV interview, or it would be more reasonable to apply for a fiance visa (or get married in Europe and apply for a spouse visa)?

Your quickest and currently none complicated best bet is through the DV. Like britsimon rightly noted, with a marriage based GC, you will get a 2 year conditional GC, after which you will need to apply again to remove the conditions.

And if I never get called for a DV interview (or get refused my visa for some reason), do you think it complicate to get a fiance/spouse visa after that?

A failed DV based GC application shouldn't have a negative impact on your marriage based GC application. But it's possible they could apply some extra scrutiny to your spouse visa application if such an application is put in after the DV based denial. They probably would want to convince themselves you're not resorting to some desperate tactics to obatin the GC.

You have the option of proceeding with the marriage as planned, if your fiance is already in the US and you guys do not wish to spend more time apart, the most obvious visa option for you to pursue is the K-1 fiancé visa. This visa allows you to enter the United States, marry within 90 days. You do not need to apply for a marriage based GC immediately, you can wait and continue processing the DV based application. If that fails and you now decide to pursue the spousal option, then the DV based denial shouldn't have any negative impact in this case.

Evenings,
Can she still apply for both ? Like getting married and play the dv?!
Thanks

Yes she can.

Thank you for your answers. I agree with Vladek's point and if I knew my boyfriend was going to propose I probably wouldn't send my papers to KCC at all, but now, when I'm halfway there (i only need to do my medical and police report), I'd really rather pursue DV way than start over with a spouse visa. I'm pretty sure that we'll still happily live together in 2 years, but it would be so much better just to get a GC by DV and forget about it. Plus, i'm concerned about paperwork and time.
Britsimon and Sm1smom thank for your answers as well, I didn't know I could apply for a fiancee visa while waiting for a DV interview - it sounds like a good idea and we may follow that way. It has been about a year since we're apart and we're both looking forward to be together again. Do you think I have a good chance to be called for a DV interview with my number?

Thought question:

If a non-marriage based GC holder marries a US citizen, will they be able to apply for citizenship after 3 years, or would they have to wait the full 5 years?

That's something to keep in mind.

Thank you for your answers. I agree with Vladek's point and if I knew my boyfriend was going to propose I probably wouldn't send my papers to KCC at all, but now, when I'm halfway there (i only need to do my medical and police report), I'd really rather pursue DV way than start over with a spouse visa. I'm pretty sure that we'll still happily live together in 2 years, but it would be so much better just to get a GC by DV and forget about it. Plus, i'm concerned about paperwork and time.
Britsimon and Sm1smom thank for your answers as well, I didn't know I could apply for a fiancee visa while waiting for a DV interview - it sounds like a good idea and we may follow that way. It has been about a year since we're apart and we're both looking forward to be together again. Do you think I have a good chance to be called for a DV interview with my number?

Your number is fine - so yes you will get your interview....

Thought question:

If a non-marriage based GC holder marries a US citizen, will they be able to apply for citizenship after 3 years, or would they have to wait the full 5 years?

That's something to keep in mind.

Yes, they can still apply for citizenship after 3 years.