December Mumbai Interview Thread

abiswas

1. Make sure it is notarized and on company letter head.
2. Try to see if you can get your duties on the letter per your LC. This will really help. A format exists at immihelp.com\'s consular section.
Good luck
MJ1

All December Mumbai interview folks

Can you please find out during your interview if Police Clearance Certificate will be required from all applicant starting Jan 2002?
According to some rumors on the board, everyone will need one from India.
Please enquire and let us know.
Thanks
MJ1

No Title

anand74mo,please let me know about ur wife\'s experience of the medical examination. Approx. how many candidates do they take each day?

Not yet

My attorney hasn\'t received the Packet 4 yet... I asked a relative to pick up a duplicate from the consulate...

Good Luck

No Title

Medical was smooth for me and wife. There are female lady doctors for ladies who do the physical exam. You are required to undress completely for both males and females for a few seconds. They take about 25 people everyday. Reports distributed at 1 pm same day. More later after interview on Monday. Btw, I have not taken any PCC....just seeing other discussions.

photogrpahs with or w/o specs and earrings

Hi

Does anybody have any idea about the way photographs are to be taken?
Is it - NO SPECS and NO EARRINGS ???

Medicals

What do we have to take for medicals besides appointment letter. Anybody who has done some research please respond.

Thanks

Urgent: Question regarding marriage certificate

We got married in January of this year and got an affadavit from court that we are married. We also got a certificate from municipal corporation that we are married as per hindu customs. As we both were already on H1, we didn\'t need marriage certificate to get here.
After we got here, we went to Indian embassy and got a marriage certificate from them and also we got our names as spouse on each others passport.
We showed it to our attorney at that time and she said it was ok. Now just two days before we leave for our interview, she says that marriage certificate from Indian embassy is not acceptable. I am going to show her certificate from municipal corporation in the afternoon.
Can anyone please advise what should we do about it.
Do we have to get married in court again in India or will the certificates we have suffice.
Any help is appreciated

Should be Ok

cp in mumbai,

Do you have any marriage photos (preferably group pictures) and marriage invitation card? If yes, carry them for the interview, along with all the other documents that you have (affidavit, muncipal corp, embassy)...

With all the documentation, the consulate officer should believe that you are married...

Check the attached posting, it may be of help...
hirohito hun "Tough interview at Mumbai…Finally got my GC!!" 9/14/01 12:34pm

Good Luck...

medical appointment

When I took an appt from Lilawati, they asked me to bring along the appt letter, passport and copy, and 3 photographs.

Hope this helps.

banks stmt, affidavit of support.

i made aff of support w/ just money in savings acct - was not sure what to do with house, stocks, 401K etc etc. my wife has emp letter too so i am guessing i do not need a lot of money to show that i can support her.

bank said they do this certificate for immigration all the time but they do not have any way of getting a total of money deposited in your acct for the last 12 months. the cert just stets balance and whn the acct was opened. they only have last 3 months data - other stuff is archived.

any thoughts/advice?

stayed in singapore for just 3 months.is police certificate required?

though it clearly says police certificate required for stay of more than 6 months, any inputs appreciated.
does anyone know if they ever asked for less than six months?
havent recieved packet 4 yet.

Thanks. What did they mean by "passport and copy"

The entire passport? Or just first few pages. If the latter, then how many pages?

thanks again.

If you already have certificate from municipal corp., why do you need another marriage cert. from th

You should be fine with the muni cert. and the affadavit.