December Mumbai Interview Thread

No Title

Some of you may have read the older version but I have put some new info and updated it. Plus it is in a nice PDF format.
Good luck to all.
Regards,
CP Mumbai

Question regarding amended passport to reflect married name

I have sent DS-230 part 1 forms for me and my wife. We have my wife\'s maiden name in the forms. My wife, now in India has amended her passport to reflect her married name. Now, can we re-submit DS-230-parts 1 and 2 forms at the interview to reflect her married name? Please respond. Thanks.

Medicals - all three hospitals open on the 17th

Even thought the Consulate is closed on 17th Dec., all three hospitals (BC, Lila, Hinuja) are open that day. This may be important for anybody who gets 18th Dec. date and is going just in time.

BTW 15th and 16th are Sat. and Sunday and the hospitals are closed those days.

Anand74mo, when is Dec you think you\'ll get the date?

Our P-3 reached there on Oct 1, and we\'ve been told to expect a Dec interview. But to make travel reservations, an idea of the tentative date will help.

Thanks,

Local Address in DS230 ?

Local address in DS230 means address where I am staying in Mumbai (hotel) or my address as in passport ?

No Title

Folks,

Do we have to re-submit DS-230, part 1 at time of interview? If yes, does it need to be the same copy as what was submitted with packet 3 or can you make minor modifications? I would like to change my wife\'s name on DS-230, [part 1 from her maiden to married name as we are planning to amend her passport. please reply. Thanks.

It can be either the same or amended

I plan to amend couple of places. But if one does not have any amendments, you can submit the same one.

AC-140 hand-delivery to Mumbai Consulate OK ?

I would be in India in 2nd week of November and would be getting married. After marriage, I plan to hand-deliver AC-140 documents to Mumbai consulate. Is that OK or do they have to be send by courier from the attorney\'s office ?

On What basis Consulate location is choosen??

I belong to Orissa, and I sent my P3 to Mumbai, so also NVC,
my P3 was recieved in Mumbai on 12th october. When I called them yesterday they said since you had your last visa from New Delhi, we are going to forward your application to New Delhi.

Any comments on this??

No Title

Consulate is chosen on basis on where you reside (address in passport). You would fall under Calcutta. But as Calcutta does not process IV applications, you would fall under Mumbai consulate. Why did you have your H-1 from Delhi?

No Title

Got reply from Mumbai,will schedule interview in Dec and also send P4 to Mumbai address. (P3 sent 10/1)

No Title

P3 was hand delivered on Sep,28 to Consulate, I think they entered into the system aroud Oct.4. I had sent email to them giving local Mumbai address on Oct 5 , got email reply Oct.20.

I-140 Approved - Waiting for Date from CP

Hello Gurus,

Do you guys have any idea regarding time frame for CP in Mumbai if I got my I-140 approved on 9/13/2001. I need to plan for India trip.