December 2009 family based filers, post here

Yes its a pink this time,this means that i will still have to wait 20days,because it was 20days after they received the 1st RFE that was when my case was touched.:confused:

If you had pink rfe then you probably wont have to wait 20 days...thats only after a yellow rfe...it may be really quick. Reason is that yellow rfe is on stuff you were supposed to send and you screwed up so they make you go to the end of the line. But in pink rfe its stuff they dreamt up and not required of you to send...no fault of yours, so they put you at the front of the line for processing. At least thats the theory of it....:rolleyes:

If you had pink rfe then you probably wont have to wait 20 days...thats only after a yellow rfe...it may be really quick. Reason is that yellow rfe is on stuff you were supposed to send and you screwed up so they make you go to the end of the line. But in pink rfe its stuff they dreamt up and not required of you to send...no fault of yours, so they put you at the front of the line for processing. At least thats the theory of it....:rolleyes:

For the pink RFE,the day to reply is now 45days,the yellow RFE which was the 1st was 87days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the I-130 approval notice today, and my wife got the I-485 approval/welcome letter today.

Here is a suggestion make the font size bigger on these letters.

Received the second CPO email this morning. Hopefully, my wife should have her card by the end of the week. I don't think it hit my wife that she is now a permanent resident and not a non-immigrant visa holder till last night when we got the approval notices. At least this now open more possibilities for her. She had been a non-immigrant for nearly 10 years. The first seven years was as a student (F-1) getting both her undergraduate degree and masters degree, then the last three years as a Employee of an International Organization (G-4).

This forum has been great. I have already recommended it to someone that has to deal with an AOS matter.

For the pink RFE,the day to reply is now 45days,the yellow RFE which was the 1st was 87days.

All rfe's are 30 days except when officer determines something may take longer (i.e document coming from overseas)...Its just a discretionary change of how long the officer feels is a reasonable time period to produce document. Thirty days is the typical unless the officer decides to give you more time due to the nature of the document....It has no bearing on your rfe response time.....

Received the second CPO email this morning. Hopefully, my wife should have her card by the end of the week. I don't think it hit my wife that she is now a permanent resident and not a non-immigrant visa holder till last night when we got the approval notices. At least this now open more possibilities for her. She had been a non-immigrant for nearly 10 years. The first seven years was as a student (F-1) getting both her undergraduate degree and masters degree, then the last three years as a Employee of an International Organization (G-4).

This forum has been great. I have already recommended it to someone that has to deal with an AOS matter.

Same here..... Received the second CPO mail just now...

1.dongseokji 2/18
2.calvin_LJQ 2/19 LuckyMB
3.aaren/bhagavas 2/23
---------------APPROVED------------------------

1.tracer/ misspriss80 3/1
2.dhlunar/VandiRussell/canadian_girl08 3/3
-----APPROVED---------------------------------------

3.Jay_T 3/4
4.F&F2009 3/5
5.empress123/dallas812 3/8
---------APPROVED---------------------------------

6.507107314 3/10
7.EAD2003 3/15
8.danromeo 3/16

RFE CLUB:

1.realcool1 (any day now)
2.dec09filer 3/22
3.naas
4.kiwistar 4/7
5.kops 3/25

Hmm I-485 case status shows RFE received 2/26...

On the login page the case #'s the Last updated date is 3/3. Won der if it was "touched" on 3/3?

"Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email and/or text message notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message."

Hmm I-485 case status shows RFE received 2/26...

On the login page the case #'s the Last updated date is 3/3. Won der if it was "touched" on 3/3?

"Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email and/or text message notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message."

that was your last touched date,that was the last date your case was touched.

Approved

Our interview was at 11:15 am. We drove 2 hours from syracuse to buffalo. Reached there at 11:02. IO officer called us at 11:40 am. We were in suites. Interview lasted 10 minutes or less...(may be 2 minutes... rest 8 minutes officer was taking copies of originals). Officer may be a 30/40 year old American. IO asked immigrant(me) about ssn,address. Same questions were posted to my wife. Then 2 YES/NO questions. Asked us how we met. That;s it.... approved. We were able to get rid of joint sponsor as my wife now makes above poverty guidelines. officer didn;t check the photos as he said lot of folks get disappointed when we don;t see pictures well we don;t need to check when documentation can speak for us.

I asked about ead/ap. IO told to keep them but don;t use AP. Use EAD(for DL renewal ....) until GC is received in mail,,, so that i can remove DHS restrictions on ssn.

brief background:
I have been in US from 2005 working as IT consultant, dated many but found my hunbun (spouse) just 9 months back. We are interracial couple. As a consultant i make good salary but not steadily. So my wife took care of i-864

Thanks all for your valuable information. All the best for rest of the folks

================================================== =============
AOS through US spouse
DO - Buffalo,NY
ASC: Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 1 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 2 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 8 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 29 - FP completed as per schedule. not a walk in
02/24/2010: Day 65 - AP and EAD Approved
03/10/2010: Day 78 - IL: Approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved

Our interview was at 11:15 am. We drove 2 hours from syracuse to buffalo. Reached there at 11:02. IO officer called us at 11:40 am. We were in suites. Interview lasted 10 minutes or less...(may be 2 minutes... rest 8 minutes officer was taking copies of originals). Officer may be a 30/40 year old American. IO asked immigrant(me) about ssn,address. Same questions were posted to my wife. Then 2 YES/NO questions. Asked us how we met. That;s it.... approved. We were able to get rid of joint sponsor as my wife now makes above poverty guidelines. officer didn;t check the photos as he said lot of folks get disappointed when we don;t see pictures well we don;t need to check when documentation can speak for us.

I asked about ead/ap. IO told to keep them but don;t use AP. Use EAD(for DL renewal ....) until GC is received in mail,,, so that i can remove DHS restrictions on ssn.

brief background:
I have been in US from 2005 working as IT consultant, dated many but found my hunbun (spouse) just 9 months back. We are interracial couple. As a consultant i make good salary but not steadily. So my wife took care of i-864

Thanks all for your valuable information. All the best for rest of the folks

================================================== =============
AOS through US spouse
DO - Buffalo,NY
ASC: Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 1 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 2 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 8 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 29 - FP completed as per schedule. not a walk in
02/24/2010: Day 65 - AP and EAD Approved
03/10/2010: Day 78 - IL: Approved

Congrats. I know the drive from Syracuse to Buffalo is a long drive along the NYS Thruway.

Your post reminds me that we should tell other that are filling to include as much evidence possible and available when they file their applications. That would make the interview process a lot smother. Our interview in Baltimore last week was longer because the officer didn't have our file until after we entered so she went page-by-page through the file and asked what each document is. She said that someone messed up when they put the file together because it needs to be in a certain way. What happened is I had a joint-sponsor (didn't need it because MSC said I had enough and approved my I-864 and didn't look at the joint sponsor) and when the IO was looking at the file of some bank information we had turned the page and saw a copy of someone else US passport. The IO asked who is this and I saw it and explained it was our joint sponsor.

BEAUTIFUL STAMP ON MY PASSPORT

As I previous mentioned on the thread, my interview was on March 1st and there was one document missing. IO (man) told me that my case would be pending until I could bring the document. On Monday March 8th I went to the USCIS office, without an INFOPASS and got luck to talk to the IO who had previously interviewed my husband and I. He took the document and later on that day he called my cell phone and let me know the documents were enough and the case approved. As you notice, he told me over the phone, I didn't get a welcome letter or a stamp on my passport or anything...
I waited for an email update from the USCIS that day and nothing... so I schedule an INFOPASS for today.

I arrived at the USCIS around 9am. The officer (woman, today) was very helpful. She even mentioned that she saw my file before and loved the pictures. She explained me that the reason I didn't get an update on my email, was because the IO who approved my case didn't add the category of my file, so it was sitting in someone's else desk. She went back to him, got the information and processed the info on the system ordering my GC right away. I also explained her that my husband and I have already plans to go out of the country NEXT WEEK, so she got my passport and stamped the I-551 and told me the card should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Well, guess I got go pack, it has been 6 years I haven't been to my home... Good luck to all!

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview – pending
Mar 8th APPROVED
Mar 11th Stamp on my passport

Mar 8th APPROVED
Mar 11th Stamp on my passport

When did you schedule your infopass appointment for this morning? I though infopass appointments where backed up that it took about at least a week from the time you scheduled to the appointment. Also, what district office did you go to?

Received interview letter today. Interview date is 12th Apr-2010. No change in online case status.

Congratulations on receiving the interview letter. One less thing to worry about.

I don't think anyone status was updated for their I-485 when they got the interview letter. I think the scheduled for interview status on the case status system is used for N-400 cases.

When did you schedule your infopass appointment for this morning? I though infopass appointments where backed up that it took about at least a week from the time you scheduled to the appointment. Also, what district office did you go to?

Hi dhlunar,

I scheduled my infopass appointment on Tuesday night... It wasn't available for Wednesday, so I took first available on Thursday.

Hi everyone! We had our interview and everything went just as we plan. The IO didnt ask for anything other than our birth cert. and the kids birth cert. I also got an email from USCIS re: my card has been ordered! Thanks to everyone that was helpful on here, also i wish everyone the best! I must say that God is truely awesome.