December 2009 family based filers, post here

I got my IL today!!! the interview will be on 2/19...like many people said, the online status does not reflect the real progress.

Congrats. Finally you got what you were waiting for. Once again you and I are almost on the same track.
Do you have your original birth certificate? I sent it with other documents when I mailed the I-485 application. Should I get another one just in case? Also, I don't have my petitioner's birth certificate. I only sent his certificate of naturalization and a copy of U.S. passport. It seems I need to get his birth certificate also. How are you preparing for the documents for the interview? I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks and good luck.

There is a pattern emerging for interview letters:

Aaren(2/23) dongseokji(2/18) Calvin_sjq (2/19) Beintouch4ever, Kops, deco9,canadiangirl,wendy-margaret,dhlunar,Naas,desichap,realcool1,507107314,abruniverse

This is based on date of mailed pkg...

23-DEC-2009 - Application mailed to Chicago, 130, 485, 864,etc
24-DEC-2009 Date Of Acknowledgment
04-JAN-2010 NOA received for 130,485 (mailed on 12/31)
07-JAN-2010 FP ND
12-Jan-2010 FP Notice received for 1/27/10
19-JAN-2010 485 case Update RFE mailed
22-JAN-2010 received RFE.

they didn't see our affidavit of support,so we will like to add a jiont sponsor,
i want to know what requirement the joint sponsor should meet.
the jiont sponsor has a family of 2 and our family 2 also,
some people says the joint sponsor has to be able to sponsor both family's in full.
i think it should be the immigrant only.the spouse of the immigrant shouldn't be dependent.

I like the pattern that the IL are coming out, and the fact they are coming out now. However, you have to remember if anyone received an RFE then might hold up there case from getting an IL.

dongseokji, My father(the pentitioner) has his birth certificate(not orignal just a birth notarial), I think our interviews go easier than marrage-base interview since child-parent relationship can very easily be proved even just by appearance or old family pictures. As I know in some cases, they just lasted for less than 5 minutes by asking a few questions and the officers didn't ask for too many materials....so prepare all required materials on the list as you can you will be fine...

Congrats. Finally you got what you were waiting for. Once again you and I are almost on the same track.
Do you have your original birth certificate? I sent it with other documents when I mailed the I-485 application. Should I get another one just in case? Also, I don't have my petitioner's birth certificate. I only sent his certificate of naturalization and a copy of U.S. passport. It seems I need to get his birth certificate also. How are you preparing for the documents for the interview? I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
dongseokji, My father(the pentitioner) has his birth certificate(not orignal just a birth notarial), I think our interviews go easier than marrage-base interview since child-parent relationship can very easily be proved even just by appearance or old family pictures. As I know in some cases, they just lasted for less than 5 minutes by asking a few questions and the officers didn't ask for too many materials....so prepare all required materials on the list as you can you will be fine...

Thank you for your response.
I hope it is as simple as you said. I cannot wait until this is all over. Of course, with a good news.

Dear Friends

We have received our interview date today for 02/25/2010.
we want the following information from you.
1- It is common to get interview in case of parents of US citizen.
2- What documents we should take with us.
3- Any one has experience of interview and can guide us.

10/14/2009 Application I-485,I-130 &I-131 sent to Chicago for AOS of Parents on B1/B2
10/27/2009 Received receipt letter.
11/03/09 Received letter for FP on 11/18/09.
11/08/09 I.E.Letter for Birth certificate giving 87 days.
11/18/09 F P done normal no problem.
12/23/09 Reply of IE was sent.Two affidavit and nonavailability certificate.
12/31/09 Reply received at US office.
01/15/10 AP received I-131 date 01/07/10.
01/26/10 Interview letter received for 02/25/10.

Naas and Kops have they updated the case status for you that they received the RFE yet? Mine it still says RFE sent out Dec31.

I know that RFE's mess up the pattern...so much for wishful thinkin...lol...I guess there is no real pattern for this....

Next person in line should be Kops and myself except we both got RFE's. So Canadian Girl will probably get her letter next is my prediction...........

I am done with the finger prints! Now am wainting on the interview letter.. hopefully I dont get a RFE

12/18/09 mail package.
12/23/09 rec'd by chicago lock box
12/31/09 checks cash
01/05/10 rec'd noa's for I-130,I-485 and I-765
01/12/10 rec'd finger print notice for 01/27/10
01/27/10 Biometrics (DONE!)

Naas and Kops have they updated the case status for you that they received the RFE yet? Mine it still says RFE sent out Dec31.

I know that RFE's mess up the pattern...so much for wishful thinkin...lol...I guess there is no real pattern for this....

Next person in line should be Kops and myself except we both got RFE's. So Canadian Girl will probably get her letter next is my prediction...........

No i just checked mine this morning, and they have not updated anything yet. i have been going back to previous filer's post and those that responded to the RFE expeditiously did not get that much of a delay, so i'm just hoping things will work out for us. Let's keep hopefull :)

Did anyone recieve EAD?I was thinking that USCIS would send EAD /AP first and the Interview letter later. I need EAD very badly.

23-DEC-2009 - Application mailed to Chicago, 130, 485, 864,etc
24-DEC-2009 Date Of Acknowledgment
04-JAN-2010 NOA received for 130,485 (mailed on 12/31)
07-JAN-2010 FP ND
12-Jan-2010 FP Notice received for 1/27/10
19-JAN-2010 485 case Update RFE mailed
22-JAN-2010 received RFE.
27-JAN-2010 Biometrics done

nope. they never updated it saying that we received an rfe either.
i dont trust these online updates anyways.

when i supposed to get my ead

package sent dec-2 and biometrics done on jan-8 at kansas uscis . I am just curious what are the usual dates at kansas center . When will i get my ead or interview date . Thanks in advance for the reply

package sent dec-2 and biometrics done on jan-8 at kansas uscis . I am just curious what are the usual dates at kansas center . When will i get my ead or interview date . Thanks in advance for the reply

The national expectation is applications for adjustment of status are decided on in 4 months. If you haven't received anything after 30 days of your fingerprint appointment date, then you might want to call USCIS 800 customer service.

OK...so they aren't updating the darn thing....at least we can keep each other updated because we appear to be on the same timeline for them. If one of us gets an interview letter then the other two should give a day or so.

As for EAD's has anyone gotten one yet from the december filers...i havent seen it yet in the signatures for most of us. I also need one too as my husband is struggling with the bills as we have a mortgage for a vacant house in another state...I wish i could help out.But alas the darned RFE messed up my timeline... oh well we can only pray that there is no more delays in our applications.