December 2009 family based filers, post here

Naas,

I dont know your situation, but when they sent me the rfe they sent an email to my account. It said they put the entire file on hold until the RFE is received. That means the 131, 485 and 765. The Rfe would hold up an interview letter also. So seeing as they just recieved all our RFE's todayish from you , me and Kops that places us in next week for openning and processing. Interview letters should be sometime the following week or two. The 90 day ticker starts all over on the EAD if you get a request for RFE on intial evidence. If its additional evidence then it stays to original 90 day from application date.

From someone with too much time on my hands....dec09filer

Received RFE for BC of Mom. I have a non availability from SF Indian consulate. I had sent this originally I will resend this with 2 affidavits. Hopefully this will suffice.

I have the same question. It's been a week after the scheduled FP appointment....crossing my fingers and waiting for the IL...does any one know if the online status updates when the IL sent out??:confused:

Anyone have any idea on when we should start getting Interview Letters?

aaren I sent them a personal check too, it will be rejected?. On the USCIS site says they accept personal checks.

Yes, on USCIS website it says so and also many others have sent personal checks.
I do not know what happened in my case, they rejected it and then i sent the money order and all went well thereafter.
Don't worry, hopefully yours might not be rejected.

I have the same question. It's been a week after the scheduled FP appointment....crossing my fingers and waiting for the IL...does any one know if the online status updates when the IL sent out??:confused:

Hi Calvin,
Don't worry about it. I received my IL more than two weeks after the FP. You should get it by the end of this month, if not, I would worry then, not now.
After receiving the IL, the USCIS online status hasn't been updated. I wouldn't rely on the online updates.
Just seat back and wait. Good luck.

-DJ

My status gets no updates but I got IL already, so yeah, don't worry and don't rely on online status. I got my IL 3 weeks after FP date

I got my interview letter today scheduled for 23rd Feb 2010

11/27/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
11/30/09: Day 3 - Packet delivered via USPS
12/07/09: Day 10 - RFE -Application rejected for Incorrect method of payment of fee (* method of payment was personal check)
12/08/09: Day 11-Resubmitted the package with money order for $1010, $355
12/16/09: Day 16 - 4 NOAs received (dated dec 14th ), cases appeared online
12/17/09: Day 17 - Received FP letter for 01/6/2010
12/28/09: Day 31 - early walk in FP done! I-485 and I-765 touched
12/29/09: Day 32 - I-130, I-131 and I-765 touched
12/31/09: Day 33 - I-130, I-131 and I-765 touched -
01/23/10: Day 55- Recieved interview letter ( Interview scheduled for 02/23/10)
02/23/10: Day 86- Interview day

aaren I sent them a personal check too, it will be rejected?. On the USCIS site says they accept personal checks.

I don't know why personal checks returned. On the website it says personal checks are accepted.After i sent money order all went fine. Don't worry , you should be fine.

I got my interview letter today scheduled for 23rd Feb 2010

Aaren,

Which district office is your interview at? I think some are faster then others and would like to get a good idea of when I might be receiving the letter.

Dhlunar, Local office Jacksonville Florida.
Thanks for your tip. I called the uscis csr on Friday, able to get connected to a Customer Service rep ,he looked into my file and said that it's too early for me get EAD, interview letter etc and said the waiting period for EAD is 60 days and i-485 can be anywhere between 3 to 6 months. But the very next morning , Saturday , i got the letter from my local office.

Aaren,

Which district office is your interview at? I think some are faster then others and would like to get a good idea of when I might be receiving the letter.

Dhlunar, Local office Jacksonville Florida.
Thanks for your tip. I called the uscis csr on Friday, able to get connected to a Customer Service rep ,he looked into my file and said that it's too early for me get EAD, interview letter etc and said the waiting period for EAD is 60 days and i-485 can be anywhere between 3 to 6 months. But the very next morning , Saturday , i got the letter from my local office.

Your welcome. Keep us posted the rest of the processing.

UPDATE:
aaren (mailed 11/27) and Dongseokji (mailled 11/30) are scheduled for interviews
Dec 09 filer, Naas, Kops have just sent Rfe's back
Desichap and realcool1 just received RFE letters
The rest of us are awaiting interview letters

Hello all,

Just received the FP letter today! I noticed that on the "case type" they listed I-4985 and I-765, but not I-131. I was under the impression that biometrics were required for for the advance parole document. Would anyone mind clearing this up for me? Also, I noticed that some people did early walk-in appointments for the FP. How do I find out if this would be a possibility at my local office?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I got my IL today!!! the interview will be on 2/19...like many people said, the online status does not reflect the real progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received the IL letter for my spouse today as well - The interview is on Feb 23 @ the San Jose, CA DO. The online status has not changed ever since I received the NOA. Was getting a little worried when there wasnt any acitvity.

Naas,

I dont know your situation, but when they sent me the rfe they sent an email to my account. It said they put the entire file on hold until the RFE is received. That means the 131, 485 and 765. The Rfe would hold up an interview letter also. So seeing as they just recieved all our RFE's todayish from you , me and Kops that places us in next week for openning and processing. Interview letters should be sometime the following week or two. The 90 day ticker starts all over on the EAD if you get a request for RFE on intial evidence. If its additional evidence then it stays to original 90 day from application date.

From someone with too much time on my hands....dec09filer

so i hope that means that i will get my interview letter soon, around the same time as my mom and hopefully sibling.
Btw they had their fingerprints taken today.

That's awesome! knowing that you guys are receiving interview letters gives me hope!! I was worried me too about the online status that hasn't changed yet! But I'm really glad to know that yours didn't change either!
Hopefully I get my interview letter this week!

Congrats to all who got interview letters. Online is not showing no updates whatsoever. At least didn't get any RFE so far.

Hope we will also get IL this or next week :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AOS through US spouse
DO - Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 7 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/05/2010: Day12 - fp notice date
01/20/2010: Day 27 - FP completed