December 2009 family based filers, post here

I got my fingerprints done yesterday and today I-765 and I-485 both have been touched. My I-485 is still on "accpetance," what is everyone else on? I'm just wondering because the I-765 and I-130 have both been on "initial review" for the past couple weeks.

I hope my EAD gets ordered soon! :)

Finally my wife's I-485 receipt number works in the case status system on the USCIS website. We filed a month ago 12/14 and she had her fingerprints taken yesterday. I wonder if the FP update triggered something to have it updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally my wife's I-485 receipt number works in the case status system at the USCIS website. We filed a month ago 12/14 and she had her fingerprints taken yesterday. I wonder if the FP update triggered something to have it updated.

Yeah I think the FP's are the reason it updated, mine did too today and I have mine done yesterday.

That's great the receipt # finally works! Is hers on accpetance or initial review?

Same here, My I-485 is still "acceptance" and I765 and I-130 are on "initial revire"..so I guess that is normal.

My I-485 is still on "accpetance," what is everyone else on? I'm just wondering because the I-765 and I-130 have both been on "initial review" for the past couple weeks.

I hope my EAD gets ordered soon! :)

Hello dhlunar,

I have been fingerprinted for my employment based gc, Does that mean i wont be fingerprinted again??

USCIS website and others on this forum said that fingerprints are valid for 15 months, so if you where fingerprinted within the last 15 months, there should be no need to be fingerprinted again.

USCIS website and others on this forum said that fingerprints are valid for 15 months, so if you where fingerprinted within the last 15 months, there should be no need to be fingerprinted again.
I was fingerprinted in Sep'07. That is about 26 months now. I am not sure what are they gonna do?

Family Based - I 130 (Aug 2005)
-------------
12/5/2009 Day 1...Sent 1485 and I131 Package
12/7/2009 Day 3...Delivered to lock box via USPS priority
12/14/2009 Day 10...Checks Cashed
12.16.2009 Day 12... Received NOAs for I-485, I131
xx.xx.xxxx Waiting for FP

I was fingerprinted in Sep'07. That is about 26 months now. I am not sure what are they gonna do?

-------------

At this time I would advise contacting USCIS 800 customer service. A majority of the fingerprint notices are sent within 30 days of the receipt notice. Did your I-485 NOA say that you will to be scheduled for biometrics and will receive an appointment letter later? Was your address incorrect on your I-485 NOA?

(A trick to get through to an agent at USCIS is to chose your language, then chose the option for case status, then chose the option that says you don't have your receipt number. That is the only way I know to get through to a representative. I would advise calling tomorrow 8am to 6pm, since Monday is a federal holiday.)

Quick Question:

on my previous EAD card (issued after my undergrad in 2006) I do have an A#. Do I use that in the applications for GC?
Or should I leave the A# blank.

However, if I should use that A#, since I have just realized that I do actually have an A#, and my medical examination was done awhile back, on page #4 of i-693, my A# is mentioned as N/A, and the entire 693 document is in a sealed envelop! What can I do in that case?

Pls. Help!
Rid_prag

At this time I would advise contacting USCIS 800 customer service. A majority of the fingerprint notices are sent within 30 days of the receipt notice. Did your I-485 NOA say that you will to be scheduled for biometrics and will receive an appointment letter later? Was your address incorrect on your I-485 NOA?

(A trick to get through to an agent at USCIS is to chose your language, then chose the option for case status, then chose the option that says you don't have your receipt number. That is the only way I know to get through to a representative. I would advise calling tomorrow 8am to 6pm, since Monday is a federal holiday.)

Thanks for your reply dhlunar,

My 485 said ->

Biometrics-
The next step is to have biometrics taken, if required, at a USCIS App Support Center.

Also, just wondering my I485 has a ASC code : 3, does that has any meaning or it just means a particular location?

Actually I did call 1800 number, and Rep. just took all the details and said wait for another 45 days, before calling them again.
I have no idea what to do.., I think i will call them up agaiin on tuesday, to follow up.

-------------

Beintouch4ever,

I am surprised that customer service 800 did not transfer you to MSC. The time I called to tell them that I didn't have my case stat online, I was transferred to MSC and spoke with an officer there. 800 customer service said they got the same message when they used their case status, but it was a valid receipt number. My wife had ASC biometeric code 3 also on hers, I think it is irrelevant is an internal thing.

I saw something about contacting the service centers via email. If I can find the information, I will send it to you.

rid_prag,

My wife was in the same situation. We put down the A# number that was on her OPT EAD. When we got the NOA for the I485 a new A# was assigned. She called customer service and a service request was put in to merge the two records. We still have not been informed of the outcome.

No matter what, USCIS does a check to see if someone already has an A#. We don't know why she was issued a second number. Since the I-693 is in an sealed envelope, I won't worry about it. As long as everything is submitted together, it should be in the same file.

This makes no sense. I just checked the updated processing times that were published on Friday for as of November 30th. It says Baltimore is now 4.6 months (not within the USCIS goal of 4 months), and they were processing applications that dated back in mid July. However, on this forum some people that applied back in October just had an interview. However, both people from Baltimore on the October thread said that Baltimore would get back to them. How could Baltimore not be within the goal now after being in the goal a month ago?

I've just mailed my response to the RFE, unfortunately Lee's Summit does not have next day service. So I think it should be there Friday, Monday at the latest... You would think they would thou :(

I've just mailed my response to the RFE, unfortunately Lee's Summit does not have next day service. So I think it should be there Friday, Monday at the latest... You would think they would thou :(

How did you end up sending it? BTW, express mail through the post office can be sent to PO Boxes.