December 2009 family based filers, post here

Thats really good news Kops.. back on track. Hopefully Naas and realcool1 got their rfe's update too. Seems like we all sent them back same day.

Congrads on those that got their interview letters...

real cool1 :
Joint sponsor will only sponsor intended immigrant as far as i know.

My husband has done joint sponsorship of his bhabbi (sister-n law) . When he did the affidavit of joint sponsor he did not include his brother(the petioner) in our family unit. So we went from a family of 3 to 4 (My husband, me, our son and his bhabbi). You dont adopt the entire family on the joint sponsorship...just the intended immigrant. Luckily my husband has a good income. THey accepted the affidavit without any issues. I did the paperwork so i'm very sure of this only i'm not a lawyer so you could consult if you want to. I did a thru search prior to filling the papers so read the instructions clearly and call immigration if you have to. Dont be afraid to ask them questions.... it saves time later.

For their new unit size the family must meet poverty guidelines in the chart at the ins site. So if they are a family of two and become 3 , then they must look at the poverty linecut off to see if they qualify with a family of 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats really good news Kops.. back on track. Hopefully Naas and realcool1 got their rfe's update too. Seems like we all sent them back same day.

Congrads on those that got their interview letters...

I got an e-mail today saying that case was resumed..
u r right. hopefully the ils will come soon:)

so my sponsor has to meet he family of 3 because she is married.i no the joint sponsor
cannot add people in the house to meet the requirement,jiont sponsor has to be alone.

23-DEC-2009 - Application mailed to Chicago, 130, 485, 864,
24-DEC-2009 Date Of Acknowledgment
04-JAN-2010 NOA received for 130,485 (mailed on 12/31)
07-JAN-2010 FP ND
12-Jan-2010 FP Notice received for 1/27/10
19-JAN-2010 485 case Update RFE mailed
22-JAN-2010 received RFE.
27-JAN-2010 Biometrics done

Does anybody know how I can get the Advance Parole soon??
I thought I would be able to travel at this time (I applied 50 days ago)
I really need the AP!!! What can I do?

You may make a info-pass interview in the local USCIS office, they may give you a temparary AP stamp.....
Does anybody know how I can get the Advance Parole soon??
I thought I would be able to travel at this time (I applied 50 days ago)
I really need the AP!!! What can I do?

realcool1 :

I dont understand what you are asking. Please clarify.

If your RFE is asking for a joint sponsor because the petitioner doesnt make enough money to qualify then they must find an individual willing to be financially responsible for the new immigrant for the next ten years. It can be anyone (But i believe they should be in the USA). The catch is that the joint sponsor must be able to qualify on the ins poverty line chart with a family unit they already have plus one for the new immigrant. I beleive your joint sponsor is married so they must have income for a family of 3. (the immigrant is the third unit). If they have kids you have to add one unit for each child.

The only real thing the joint sponsor risks is that if the immigrant goes on welfare etc... during the next ten years then they are the ones the government is going to come after....lol...it happens...

thanks

23-DEC-2009 - Application mailed to Chicago, 130, 485, 864,etc
07-JAN-2010 FP ND

You may make a info-pass interview in the local USCIS office, they may give you a temparary AP stamp.....

Thank you Calvin!
I re-checked the I131 instructions and now I'm confused. There is just a small paragraph about Expedite Advance Parole which, I think, I can't apply for because I've already applied for an AP. Is that right?
I tried to call the customer service number thinking I would be able to talk to someone and ask what I should do but I couldn't figure out how to talk to someone at that number.
I think I'm going to get a info pass...it seems the right step.
thanks again

EAD document gone for production!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just got email. That means the rest of us should be getting our EADS now. Hang in there guys. We are so close to the finish line. We are all on the same parallell.

On a personal note.... At least we dont have to foreclose on our vacant house as we were slipping into debt. Now comes the job search. I already have a SSN from my TN visa. So i'll just update them once i get it in my hands. I can go back to making money...Okay i'm really excited...sorry.

EAD document gone for production!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just got email. That means the rest of us should be getting our EADS now. Hang in there guys. We are so close to the finish line. We are all on the same parallell.

On a personal note.... At least we dont have to foreclose on our vacant house as we were slipping into debt. Now comes the job search. I already have a SSN from my TN visa. So i'll just update them once i get it in my hands. I can go back to making money...Okay i'm really excited...sorry.

Dec09filer,

I woke early this morning and decided to check the forum, then i saw your update and went to check my status on the USCS website, and it said DOCUMENT PRODUCTION I'm sooo excited i can't help myself. The interview later should be following real soon :)

Does anybody know why i keep getting this error msg about 500 characters when trying to update my signature?????????????????????

Does anybody know why i keep getting this error msg about 500 characters when trying to update my signature?????????????????????

I got the same thing. I think our signature can only be up to 500 characters. I took out some things that were not important, and shorten some of my other stuff. For example, you might want to take out the line for 1/1/2010. Change stuff from 2010 to 10.

congrats dec09 and kops....

Let the good news keep on coming. I didn't get any RFE so hoping to get EAD early to look for a job :). I have already applied few IT jobs with start date as March 1st 2010 :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AOS through US spouse
DO - Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 7 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/05/2010: Day12 - fp notice date
01/20/2010: Day 27 - FP completed

The thing is if one of us gets something the rest of us will get it as the ball gets rolling. SO I suspect we have all made it through the primary RFE stage. That means most of our files should be intact now with the initial documents. This means if you were going to get an RFE on the intial documents then you would have got one by now (if you filed in dec). This doesnt mean we cant get secondary evidence RFE's but these are rare and dont put your file back to day zero. Secondary evidence is them asking for something that isnt mandatory/requested when we initially apply.So for example they might ask for something that comes up in the interview.

Also for those of us getting interviews get your documentation in order. Dont wait until the last moment. If you live with your parents get reciepts for rent. If you dont have a ssn number go to the bank show them your case NOA and request they put your name on a joint account. Buy life insurance/health insurance listing your partner as the benef. We got rental insurance for our apartment they didnt ask for my ssn number. It was 11 dollars a month. Have people send you letters in both your name to your address. Go see a doctor and ask for a photcopy of your medical info (listing your spouses name). Donate to something together get the reciept in both your names (church,temples and gurdwaras). Have your neighbours/friends write letters that you live together with their contact info. Have your priest/preacher write a letter stating you are both a married couple in their congreation. Join a gym and put your spouse on the forms as an emergency contact (get a photocopy for your records). File your taxes together (put your partner on as a spouse with no ssn number). Be prepared for the question of what documentation do you have showing a relationship exists. Its sad to end up in a situation where its a genuine relationship and you have to do the second interview because your documentation was lacking. The second interview is called the stokes interview and they schedule it almost a year after the first interview. That means one more year in limbo. Thats why you see some people with a huge number of days since NOA.

Sorry its just sad when an unprepared couple that is genuinely married and gets mistakenly flagged as a possible fraud. Lets try and make sure none of us end up in that situation. Get your paperwork in order and take everything. They might have misplaced a document. You dont want an RFE from the interview. Get a folder and file everything. Make sure you have photocopies of your non-replaceable originals. Also pick out about ten pictures you dont mind partying with (or make copies). They might ask anywhere from one to 15 photos for the file. Know your inlaws names/details even if you dont like them.

Remember that this is not a competition but a process that we are all going through together. Lets all get through this together and not leave anyone behind. If you have tips you think might help the rest of us please share them. Whats the point of documenting if we cant help each other. Who best understands this process other than the ones going through it with you.

Question on how to fill the form I-864

My petitioner has not received the 2009 W2,he make more money now than the 2008,
his present pay slip shows he earn more than what his previous W2 show,
am with reference to questioner 23,24 and 25.Q25 is your most recent w2 which will be the 2008.
Q23 andQ24 is your present income.should you fill you present income and fill i different amount on Q25 as shown in your 2008 W2.

23-DEC-2009 - Application mailed to Chicago, 130, 485, 864,etc
07-JAN-2010 FP ND

Real cool1 :

I would use the present income where it asks for it and attach a pay stubb to show proof. Where it asks for prior yr use tax records. If you need help make sure you talk to a lawyer or ask INS for details. They are the best at answering these questions 100% right. Remember you dont want another RFE. Its better to not guess.

Naas:

THanks I'm glad you got the IL letter for the first petition for your dad. I just started to dust off my resume. I used to be a therapist with the probation department. With the job market in chaos it should be interesting since i havent worked for a few years.