December 2009 family based filers, post here

Real cool1 :

I would use the present income where it asks for it and attach a pay stubb to show proof. Where it asks for prior yr use tax records. If you need help make sure you talk to a lawyer or ask INS for details. They are the best at answering these questions 100% right. Remember you dont want another RFE. Its better to not guess.

Naas:

THanks I'm glad you got the IL letter for the first petition for your dad. I just started to dust off my resume. I used to be a therapist with the probation department. With the job market in chaos it should be interesting since i havent worked for a few years.

thanks, but its actually for me. my dad is the petitioner for all of us :)

I got my interview letter today, glad to hear something from them since I haven't had any updates since biometrics. I really hope to get my EAD soon.

Congrats Canadian_girl08. WoW.... EAD, IL letters ...are on roll ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AOS through US spouse
DO - Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 7 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/05/2010: Day12 - fp notice date
01/20/2010: Day 27 - FP completed

updated signature and received interview letter today :eek:

we have the same interview date canadian girl! congrats

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrads to Canadian girl. Where abouts in Canada- I grew up in Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

Naas sorry I mixed up you with your dad. But i'm still really happy you got your Interview.

Finish line is set...Yeah...Finally.

Congrads to Canadian girl. Where abouts in Canada- I grew up in Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

Naas sorry I mixed up you with your dad. But i'm still really happy you got your Interview.

Finish line is set...Yeah...Finally.

I'm from the opposite end of Canada .... Halifax, NS. Congrats to you too for getting your EAD ordered, that's so exciting!

VandiRussell I'm glad you got your interview letter today too! It's funny how they're both scheduled for the same day.

I also received our interview letter today for March 1. Will it be appropriate to start contacting USCIS regarding the EAD? If so, which number should we call? My husband badly needs it and we also need to get his SS and driver's license as soon as possible in order to get some joint documents in preparation for the interview. Please advise. Thanks!

We also received our interview letter today!! Yeah!!

I also called the customer service number asking for an expedite AP.... they said I have to wait 5 days to get a respond and I have to show some documents to prove the urgency of my case.
I really hope to get it soon!

Got our Interview Letter

Got our interview letter today. The big day is March 3rd in Baltimore. :D

Also, under the address of the Baltimore office it says "2" Does that mean anything?

On the Interview Letter checklist it says:

A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted):
Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's or certified IRS printouts for the most recent tax year.
Letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the past 2 months.
Evidence of your sponsor's and/or co-sponsor's United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status.

Ok, so me (I am the USC petitioner) and a co-sponsor (a family member) submitted the I-864 at the time the I-485 was filed. However we did it in December. When they said most recent tax year, do they mean 2009 or will they take 2008 since it is before April 15th. How can I tell if they actually have the I-864 that was filed with the I-485 and if it was accepted?

That is cool. Its raining IL today for us....Congrads all around for everyone. As you may have noticed most of them mailed their packet in the first 10 days of december. So that means the wheels are turning.....

dhlunar:

I would take my 2008 and 2009 tax info. That way if they dont have the previous affidavit (missing from file) you have the original and another copy to give them. As for current year i would take 2009 with me. Even though its not april15. If they specifically requested tax info probably being overprepared in that area wouldnt hurt....Thats just my opinion....I wouldnt offer 2009 unless they asked for it though...

Ok, thanks.

Jointly we have bank accounts, safe deposit box, renters insurance, Zipcar membership, and a joint Costco membership. I called the phone company to get my wife added to the bill, and there was an error on their end so her name didn't appear on the Jan bill, but will in Feb. Of course we also have pictures to show our relationship going back to 2003, and we have live together since 2006, but got married in October 2009. We have a reason of why we pick the date we did.

We don't have a car (too expensive to have one in the DC area), so we have Zipcar which is a car sharing (renting) program where you rent by the hour or day, and the account is joint with my wife. In fact that is how we are getting to Baltimore on the big day. Do you think I should bring proof of the Zipcar membership and Costco membership because it is joint?

dhlunar, better take everything at your disposal.

Coming to my case:

I am legal immigrant married to USC. Even if i was a US Citizen,, I would do few things after marriage like Joint auto/renters/life insurance because it's cheaper...makes sense.

I won't do joint health insurance as it sucks to pay $300 per month as joint. I prefer to have separate health insurance which will cost $30 for each (so $60. which is far better than $300 for joint,,, as we don't have kids). If partner is unemployed or house wife (sometimes husbands also) then joint is good.

Coming to joint account/credit account. If we really want it then open it. I bet lot of people don't care. Sometimes because of partner's credit score, folks don;t go for joint. Soemtieme it is better when we want to have big loan for house or some toys

The point is USCIS is asking us documents which a couple generally has. So as a couple it makes sense to have joint auto/renters/...... acccounts which saves money. Like joint filing of taxes.

Apartment/phone/electric/gs bil: Do really they reduce if u have joint account ? LOL NO... so most couple may not have joint accounts. Some apartments stric rules like to provide partners car number, how many people are living. In such case we can have joint.

I will only have joint account where it reduces the bill. I will not have joint account just because I have to prove that we are legal couple. But if you don;t have any other proof's well then go for phone/aparatment/bills.

It's all my personal opinion.

That is cool. Its raining IL today for us....Congrads all around for everyone. As you may have noticed most of them mailed their packet in the first 10 days of december. So that means the wheels are turning.....

dec09filer,

I feel like we the only ones w/o the IL. I feel bad :(

THANKS

23-DEC-2009 - Application mailed to Chicago, 130, 485, 864,etc
24-DEC-2009 Date Of Acknowledgment
04-JAN-2010 NOA received for 130,485 (mailed on 12/31)
07-JAN-2010 FP ND
12-Jan-2010 FP Notice received for 1/27/10
19-JAN-2010 485 case Update RFE mailed
22-JAN-2010 received RFE.
27-JAN-2010 Biometrics done
01-FEB-2010 Mailed in response to RFE

Kops,

I wouldnt worry about it Kops. We have EAD's which means we can get drivers license, ssn number and a job. Remember we had RFE"S. While we were getting the notices these guys were having their files transferred to local offices for interview appts. The files have to be inthe local office a certain number of days (19 ish) before the interview so they can examine it. So we are a little behind schedule but the officers were nice enough to get our EADS going. What difference will it make if we get our ILs maybe two-three weeks later than we should have. It lets us read about the interview experiences of those in our batch. As you notice in the november filers practically all of them have done their interviews and are gettin their green cards (even the ones with RFEs)...so its okay dont feel bad. If one of us gets it then the other is on its way. Plus maybe INS pulled some strings and we might get IL this week. Lol. Smile we are the ones that got EADs first so it only serves us right.....

dhlunar:

I searched everywhere i could to figure out your mysterious "2". Couldnt find anything. Sorry. Maybe its a division/officer no/case type/ or a simple typo. There is such a thing as an interview2 also called stokes interview. You might want to read up on that just in case- so you are prepared. This forum has alot of really good prep info on it for interview stage. It is one of the better forums.

RealCool: I'm hoping your RFE gets accepted real quick so we can see you post ead/I Lreceived on here.

Everyone else let us know about your interview experience and what office you were interviewed in. Has your circles gone to testing and interview stage with the IL letter recieved?

dec09filer and every one else, what i think we need to do is to pray
because i have done lot of research and i found out that EAD is practical
not the real problem,if application is package properly.i will like use to share interview
question and to share interview experience because we are at the top of our cases.

dec09filer thanks for your prayers and i wish all the best also

23-DEC-2009 - Application mailed to Chicago, 130, 485, 864,etc
24-DEC-2009 Date Of Acknowledgment
04-JAN-2010 NOA received for 130,485 (mailed on 12/31)
07-JAN-2010 FP ND
12-Jan-2010 FP Notice received for 1/27/10
19-JAN-2010 485 case Update RFE mailed
22-JAN-2010 received RFE.
27-JAN-2010 Biometrics done
01-FEB-2010 Mailed in response to RFE