Dec Interview - Mumbai-

Monty,
You local consulate (in US) has issued the PCC saying you have no criminal record - and that's the stuff u need.
Bapa, are you taking local PCC ?
cheers!!
Ranen

PCC

Great!

Let's keep in touch- I'm leaving for Mumbai on Dec 2nd and have my interview on Dec 18. Will let you know how it goes...

Cheers!
Amit

Folks:
Local PCC is not required. I am not taking Local PCC.

Cheers,
Bapa

BMB20027**0** E2 12/23/2002 9:30
BMB20027**0** E2 12/23/2002 9:30
BMB2001847013 E3 12/23/2002 9:30
BMB2001847013 E3 12/23/2002 9:30
BMB2002598034 E3 12/23/2002 9:30
BMB20027**0** E3 12/23/2002 9:30
BMB20027**0*1 E3 12/23/2002 9:30

This is the list of all the people in the interview que (EB) for the 23rd of Dec. Top 2 is Haymth, bottom 2 is Moi. What about the folks in the middle. Come on folks if you read these forums you have to post and participate. It is not fair to the other folks who post here reqularly.

Haymth: Where are you getting your medical done. and When. Anyone else apart from Haymth for EB interviews. Please raise your hands and be counted.

Medicals

Bapa,

I have signed up for Medicals at Breach Candy on the 16th of Dec.. and Lilavati on 17th as a backup..

All the best!!

Haymyth

return of passport

hey guys,

i'm leaving for mumbai tomorrow.- have my medical scheduled at lilavati on dec 5 and have the interview on Dec 18.

had a last minute question- do you know if the consulate returns the passport with GC stamp on the same evening as the interview or if they courier it back to you.

thanks and good luck to everyone!

cheers.

amit

Re: return of passport

Hello amitag,

passports will be retained and will be returned with the packet +immigrant visa through the courier the next-day if you are in the same city as the Consulate.

No stamping is done in the passport @ the Consulate in india.

When you enter USA, at the Port of Entry, your passport will be stamped I-1551, which is a temporary evidence of Perm-residency.

Good luck.
LocalMadras

do you know if the consulate returns the passport with GC stamp on the same evening as the interview or if they courier it back to you.

Hi localmadras,
And if u r not in the same city ? Will it be returned on the same day in the afternoon/evening ?
cheers!!
Ranen

courier...

since i live in chennai, the courier was delivered the next-day around 11:30am.

For people in hyderabad, it took one more day.

Hold the phone guys,
THERE IS NO COURIER SERVICE FOR IMMIGRATION VISA INTERVIEWS AT MUMBAI.
You get the passport in the evening from the help desk counter. Goodluck Amitag. Post your experience asap.
Cheers,
Bapa

sorry...and thanks Bapa

sorry for misleading. i didn't know that Mumbai had a different standard.

Thanks Bapa for correcting.

Hi Guys,

Is cover later and OF 171 one and the same. I got a cover letter which has my case number and a printed form which says OF 171 which does not have my name on it.

Thanks!
Monty

Thanks Bsoni,
I am leaving this Jail on Dec 13th and hopefully will get out of slavery on Dec 23rd 2002.

I will drink two toast on Dec 23rd. One to Freedom ( if I get it or if I dont get it, either ways I will be free from Bonder servitude) and the second one for the successful CP of all other folks on this forum.

Cheers,
Bapa

PS: Guys I think H1-B is similar to the Ramus and Ayeas working for our families back home. Those poor folks work in Chaddi and Petticoat. Only difference being, that we work in pant and shirt and get paid in dollars. Otherwise H1-B or any workpermit is more or less like domestic help.

Bapa,
World is like that !! Even u r the son of Ambani/Bill Gates, I'm pretty much sure u won't find hardly any difference. The only thing that makes difference is how sportingly u r taking the slavery !! - Hey it's my personal feelings !!! Hope to meet u after I come back and u know u will be having ur third drinks then !!! Should we invite bsoni ?
cheers!!
Ranen

Ranen da:
Since we have come so close yet so far, i thought it would be an apt point to vent up ones feelings. Get it out of the system and start similing again. Currently I am in such a state, that I am really thingking was it really worth it.

We will drink a whole bottle on the success of your CP. We will call bsoni and everyone else.

;-)

Cheers,
Bapa

Bapa,
I can understand that. I'm almost in ur shoes !!
Also I know - "Nobody knows a better definition of NIRVAN than us"
cheers!!
Ranen

Hi all,

I had one last minute question for you all : While filling up the 9003 form, I got this question.My wife is on dependent visa, so for the question whether she earned income while in US would be NO.but where I am confused is : I filed taxes for my wife also.So shd the next question( where it asks whether u have filed taxes) should the answer be No or yes, in her form?
Thanks,
Viren

Originally posted by veerender
I filed taxes for my wife also.So shd the next question( where it asks whether u have filed taxes) should the answer be No or yes, in her form?

It should be yes. However, you really dont need the 9003 form. Mumbai consulate will toss it into the wastepaper basket.. Dont print it and save a tree :D