Dec Interview - Mumbai-

Packet IV

Guys,

Mumbai has mailed Packet IV to lot of people on November 6th. When do you expect to receive this? Any guesses….

Monty.

Monty,
Sometimes pkt-4 does not reach in time in US. If you have any concern ask the consulate to send a copy to your indian address.

cheers!!
Ranen

Dev28 Bhau:
The purpose of Tax Trascript - TT is not verification of employment. The will be done by the letter and latest paystubs ( optional-however should carry in case of any eventuality). TT tells the visa officer you do not have any back taxes and that when you were in the US you made enough money to support your secondary applicant ( Biwi, Bacha, etiyadi aur woh) .

If you are going in 2003 ( the first half) you possibly cannot get a tax trascript. You can take your W2 and copy of your returns. Last time I checked the last date for filing Fed Income Tax was April 16th in the US ( and March 31st in India) .

Monty2 brother: You will get your Packet 4 by Nov 28 or by Dec 3rd. It comes to the DC office of Secretary of State on 1200 Pennsalyvania Ave. and then is mailed out from there.

If you are eager to get hold of your appointment letter. Send someone to consulate inquiry window ( between 8 to 11:30) with your case number ( BMB1234567890) and ask them for OF 171
( that eees the appointment letter).

Amitag:
If your case is employment based then you just need to show salary, emp.letter, paystub and tax transcript, W2. All the other columns are optional except your salary column in the I134.

Hope this helps.

Peace

Bapa

Information

Anybody for Mumbai Consulate for Dec 02. Hope to see you there.

1)I have requested IRS for the tax transcripts. Do these include state as well as federal. Do I need to make different request to get state return

2) I have a PCC filed on Jan 17 2002. Is this considered valid in Mumbai.

3) Any pointers on getting tickets at such short notice out JFK or Newark. Man, this is just nuts. Wait for 6 years and then then everything moves at an incredible pace at the last lap

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhappt.html

THanks in Advance

Ciao'

Noodles

As stated earlier, my interview is on DEc 23rd. Folks with Dec 23rd can you please raise your hands and be counted. Let us exchange our email address and contact information. Folks who are not from Mumbai and are going to Amchi Mumbai for CP interview, please let us know if you have any accomodation or logistic questions. Would be glad to help you out.

Cheers,
Bapa

Noodles: Your PCC should be valid. See my post for Dec Chennai interviews for travel information. You should leave by Thanksgiving or earlier.

Thats a good question. I got my PCC done in March this year. I have my interview in Jan'03. Can anyone tell, how long it would be valid.

Pattu007
Originally posted by dev28
for how long will PCC be valid once issued?

Dec Interviews..

Bapa,

I have the appointment on 12/23 at 9:30 so I will definitely see you there.. If you want to send me any email, please send it at haymyth@yahoo.com

Have you signed up for the medicals yet.. In an earlier posting, you did not mention any contact information for Breach Candy.. Any reason not to go there?

All the best!!

haymyth

Breach Candy is also an option But I have heard BC administration is very uptight. However this is hearsay and not first hand experience. I have my medicals at Hinduja on Dec 16th with Lilavati as backup on Dec 17th.

Feel free to reach me at manroy@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Bapa

Mumbai Interview

My interview is on Dec 18 at 9:30am at Mumbai consulate.
Anyone else on the same day??

Amit

request to all of you good souls!
AFTER YOU COMPLETE SUCCESSFULLY, PLEASE GET BACK TO THIS FORUM AND INFORM US/ TAKE SOME QUESTIONS, ALTEAST FOR A BRIEF PERIOD. KEEP THE GOOD WORK GOING-GIVING BEGETS GETTING, I guess!!! Thanks.

DS 230 Part II

Few questions on DS-230 Part II if anyone can help-

30. e). Do any of the following apply to you-
--> An alien who seeks to enter for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor who has not been certified by the Secretary of Labor, who is s graduate of a foreign school, or......

I entered as a student on F1 to do my MBA and am currently on H1. My wife originally ebetered on H4, but then joined school and is currently on F1.

How do we answer- YES or NO

31. Have you ever been charged or arrested or convicted of any offense or crime?
I got couple of speeding tickets- but did deferrd adjudication and the ? course, so nothing on record.
Can I answer NO ?

33a). Do I want Social Security Admn to assign a SSN # or new card.
Both me and my wife have a SSN and SSN cards- do I need a new SSN ???

33b). Consent to disclosure - Can I answer NO if I answer NO in 33 a) for a new SSN/SSN card.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks very much for all your help!

Amit

Re: Information

Hi Noodles,
I have got for a decent price from newyork to mumbai.Please send me a mail at veerenderkapoor2002@yahoo.com, if you still need the ticket agent's number.
Good luck ,
Viren.

Originally posted by Noodles1
Anybody for Mumbai Consulate for Dec 02. Hope to see you there.

1)I have requested IRS for the tax transcripts. Do these include state as well as federal. Do I need to make different request to get state return

2) I have a PCC filed on Jan 17 2002. Is this considered valid in Mumbai.

3) Any pointers on getting tickets at such short notice out JFK or Newark. Man, this is just nuts. Wait for 6 years and then then everything moves at an incredible pace at the last lap

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhappt.html

THanks in Advance

Ciao'

Noodles

THanks veerender

I booked my flight out of Newark flying out on 22.Anybody's interview for the 02 Dec .Please standup and be counted

Ciao' and Good luck to all
Noodles