Data Consolidation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
good job goastros

maybe we should jan 01 and see what percentage is left for 2001

do you know what date or src number is for jan 2001. i am willing to start looking at that

consolidated_v8

I tried to unzipped the file. However, it says "zipped folder corrupted or not valid"

ver 9.0

I had used winrar to zip consolidated ver 8 which must be causing the problem.
Now i downloaded winzip v8.1
Try Consolidated ver 9.0, i have added few more SRCs this morning.

Formulas Update

Hello ALL,

Please continue to post your data in the consolidated file.

Do not worry about the Formulas in the Summary sheet. I will update them (ie for NEW sheets) if you are replacing a existing sheet then the "Summary" sheet should update automatically.

If anybody has any problems please let me know.

eb2_I485_RD0901

When you trying to open the excel file , it is reporting Missing Links. I guess 4 source sheets are missing. Do you know where they are and can you plug them into the consolidated file.
If you want, I can give you the names of the 4 missing source sheets. Anyone else getting the same problem?

Version Increment

tombaan,

You have posted a V6 of the file.. BUT we already have a version 9 in the previous posts I think this will confuse everyone.

Could you please repost your file with extension v10. i.e. update your data in the V9 file and then post it as V10.

I hope you and other members understand that it is time consuming to keep track of the latest files, we can only do this if everybody uses the latest file.

Thanks & Regards.

Hopeless

After looking at the consolidated data, found out that BCIS is touching I-485s with ND from 03/2001 to 05/2002 in 2003 and STILL using the random process. The difference I can see is that
BCIS maybe just put a few persons working on I-485s this time while lots of people working on I-48 in 2002. Where is the hope?

PD: 11/98
ND 07/01
FP 01/03
AD: ???

I don't know if there is any use of this data collection process.Actually my attorney has visited INS ( BCIS) Texas Facility.
And he told me this:

There are two part of TSC, One is mail facility and another one is processing facility ( where actually INS officers sits).

When you file your case through mail, the guys at first facility( usually bunch of contractors, last year TSC has changed his contractor for some good valid reason) will sort the mail according to its type and put it in different box according to the case type. When that box is filled up then these guys will send it to different dept. in TSC second facility. Here at the second facility a officer will check the files and CHQ/MO and if there is any problem he will issue a RFE or something like that and if there is no problem then he will issue a receipt. Now he will put your file on a stack. For 485 cases there are different stacks. Like received cases with no FP notice, cases with RFE , cases with RFE received, cases with FP issued, cases with FP received, cases with approval notice, high profile cases like wise. Now your case will be on stack with received status. Now on some fine morning a sub section of stack will a assigned to a officer to upgrade its status. Like from received status to FP notice issued. Now when he issue FP notice he send your entire file to first facility. Now at first facility ( mail room facility) your case is waiting for FP card when they receive the card they attach it to your file and put it in a some kind of box and when it is filled with those type of cases they send it to the second facility. Now over here a officer checks it and update the info. and put it on the stack "FP received". On a fine morning a officer will look at your case in FP received stack and approve it or .....But before denial case must be looked by a supervisor of the officer who denied the case.

There are some space constraint at second facilty.So when one type of case stack is filled up they have to start a drive to clear those cases.So in our case if stack with received status was over filled , they started working on it to reduce it to a safe level.When they reach the safe level they forget about that stack till next drive.Now in 2003 we have a drive for FP in Apr. and May so by now the "FP received stack " will cross the safe mark and we will have a drive of approval.

Some time back I have seen guys complaining that their status is not changing even after two month of actual FP.Its look like to me they are running out of space on FP received stack and they have to start approval drive very soon.

So wait and watch....

So by my understanding Priority date and notice date is of no use.Its just your luck which will get your case approved at TSC so pray hard.I am also praying for mine and everybody else ....

thanks

prabhu

Version 11

Updated the SRC-279 , 280 & 281 dates.

p252 : we all know this. But at least the data gives us some TSC overview. If you think this is data collection is useless => can you truthfully say whether you have downloaded the data to look at it or not ??

I did it some time back, i also posted some of data file but when I come to know this, I stopped it and start praying to god , Pleassssssssseeeeee tell one officer to see my case.

p252's picture

I find p252's picture about TSC very interesting. It completely fits into my imagination about TSC. It will help us a lot to understand TSC. Somebody wants to understand TSC, somebody just wants to pray. It is a personal decision and taste.

I talked about nested queues at TSC before. Now we can see that more clearly. With the data we can see even more details: the time when the stacks are cleared, filled up,...

However, I still think that a lot of things I cannot explain with p252's picture. Let me think more. Thank you p252, sit and pray, at you wish, I will collect data instead.

p252 villi et al,

Just thought I'd share something I had read quite sometime ago.

Definitely makes an interesting reading.

Villi,
Hopefully, the series of articles should help you 'analyze' and sort things out w.r.t. p252 remarks.

Its a four part series.

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1607.html
http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1610.html
http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1612.html
http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1616.html

Have fun reading !

Keep up the spirits folks. Don't despair.

BTW, there have been no change in stats since the last update for SRC020345XXXX.

Issues with p252 picture

According to this picture, FP notice is triggered by the second department (= by BCIS officer). I heard on this forum that the FP is generated independently by a contractor.

The fact is that, I have done my FP but my status is still "Received". If p252's picture is believable, the officer in second
department issued the FP notice but did not update my case to
"FP sent". If we watch the data we can see that a lot of cases never get updated to "FP sent", but mostly go to "FP received/ resumed" directly. I don't believe if the procedure is standard then the forgetting chance is so high.

After FP is done, according to the picture, my file is again in the mail room and likely the FP card is attached as it was done 3 months ago. I assume that when my file will gets into the second department again, it will be updated to "FP received/assumed " first and then wait for the approval.

It is also the fact that a lot of cases go directly to approvals
before being updated to "FP received/resumed".

I suppose that p252's lawyer in fact visited TSC, but he could
overlook some details. For example, the FP could be generated in the mail room as I discussed before.

Originally posted by p252
I don't know if there is any use of this data collection process.Actually my attorney has visited INS ( BCIS) Texas Facility.
And he told me this:

So wait and watch....

It is highly possible that some cases directly go for approval when they receive "FP received box" from mail room.I am just guessing suppose on some day one of the supervisor of stack room told their officer that we have very limited space at this stack so try to approve cases instead putting it on stack.
The other case " changing of status" is also highly possible like see they receive the box but they have not opened it yet.And that damn box is still waiting to get opened.Its my wild guess.
But its look like to me they will start approval drive any time soon.If you want to collect data there is no problem, i will not discourage the team.Actually I just got fed up running that old macro and getting the same data everytime and thats why I stopped it and start praying ........ endlessly.I also started keeping fast .. Kidding...Anyway you ppl are doing real good stat. analysis....

prabhu

both of which are very scientific approach. that is to pray and fast. so your praying and fasting is going to make some officer pick up your file or maybe the wind will blow it to the top.

articles

Thansk, Jaysee for the articles. The randomness is the results of the queueing at such a structure.

I wonder what the Premium Processing ...is. Who can file for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.