Data Consolidation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
re:articles

Vili,

The Premium Processing was for H1-B.

The articles did reveal some insight into the 'randomness' at TSC.

It pains to see such tardiness in supposedly one of the most 'advanced' countries .. these days 'advance' seem to be taking a different meaning altogether.

I am a new to this Forum. Found it very interesting. The Data Consolidation Project is a big task and I thank all involved in this effort.

I reviewed the Excel sheet ver.11. It contains 02-85, 02-96 etc. My case # is SRC-02-092-XXXXX with the ND Jan 28,2002. I have completed FP on June 06,2003. I do not see any case number that belongs to 02-092 have been list. Is there any reason or somebody is still working on it to get such missing cases?

Thanks

xyz59

You can contribute by working on your date. Here, we have very small team. I myself have worked on 5-6 days. This is not kind of information center you have all kind of data when you request it.

Version 12

Hello All,

Attached is the version 12 of the Data Consolidated sheet.

I have made all the formulas in the SUMMARY Sheet GENERIC so if new sheets are added we can just copy and paste the formulas.
(The formlas were infact very complex and it took 7 nested layers !! ).
I have also added more sheets for the month of Sep.01 (they are not complete right now ...)

Also PLEASE DO NOT POST NON-DATA related posts here if you do NOT want to participate in the DATA Collection then don't ; you can post your comments in a new thread.

The focus of this thread is DATA Consolidation ONLY.

I will write a new thread titled FAQ about SCANING & DATA Collection => All new members can refer to it for procedures etc.

SRC020345XXXX

No change in stats for SRC020345XXXX.

Ran the macro this morning (7/31).

Keep up the spirits folks !!

Version 13

Attached is Version 13.

Optimized the formulas to look for upto 800 cases / day. (before it was 5000 and this was eating up the CPU time).

Finished scan of SRC-01-275 started SRC-01-276.
Added a new column for Approved %.

What I am doing

I have some new data for you. Will post later. Now I am tied down to do few things.

Today, we haved ended July. I want to look at the monthly distributions, therefore, I am running updates for all the data we have to obtain the latest updates for my analysis, which will include July data as well. I put all data of SRC01 and SRC02 in two big Excel files and run ModifiedScan from there. In each Excel files I splitted the files into separate sheets that contains less than 1000 items.

Currently I found our data are not updated enough, a lot of cases are processed in June but not updated in our files. It will take me couple days to do this updates before I can go to the analysis. The discussion will be in another thread. The discussion will suggest the focus of efforts in data consolitdation as well.

Currently, I have also few suggestions:

Our SRC1 data pool is very concentrated in August-September
and very weak in July, June, May, April,... with a lot of noncompleted data. Some sheets have just couple items. We may want to strengthen the data in those months to have an objective view about SRC01. ( In the case the processing IS NOT random, we
may need more random data in time).
Our SRC02 data pool is more evenly distributed, but we still need more June-July-September data.
Please, focus the activities on the weak months.

Please save the version 14 for me

I am updating the version 13. Can you guys keep the version 14 for me and continue to post after I post v14. Actually, not because I love this lucky number that much, but I am updating
the files with the updates I got today. Those updates are spead over in all sheets and take a lot of time to update.

Date SCANNED to SUMMARY Sheet

Hello ALL,

I think we should we add date SCANNED to the Summary Sheet.
So after the TOTAL column Add a new one "DATE_SCANNED". This would then have to be updated manually.

E.g if I scanned (or rescanned) SRC01-276 on Aug 1, 2003 then I would add this entry in the summary sheet.
This will help us know when a particular day was updated.

So Vili :- As you are updating the V13 of the Sheet you might add this to the "SUMMARY" sheet for the days you are rescanning.

ALso the reason we are bit slow in the DATA collection is because we have very few members contributing.
If we had 100 people contributing then in 5 days ( assuming 1000 SRC's/day ) substantial data could be collected.

Update on SRC01-200 and 01-248

Vili,
Sorry for the long silence..was caught up in a few things and looks like this thread has grown so much that it is going to take a while fo me to catch up on the recent happenings. However I managed to complete SRC01-200XXX (entire range) finally. I ran the latest updates just now for both SRC01-200 and SRC01-248. I will update the results here.

Note: The good news is on July 28, 2003 2 cases have been approved in SRC01-248. Both of them had a received status when I ran the status check last time. Here is the upload.

Don

In the v14 I will update everything up to today August 1,2003.
Vettipults results will be also added.

New Data File

New features
+ SR02-254
+ SRC02-131 ( I think I received from goastros but not sure and don't know why it is not in the Data Consolidation)
+ Vettipults SRC01-200
+ All updates up to August 2, 2002

SRC-02-039

Notice Date: 11/17/2001
Range: SRC-02-039-50000 to SRC-02-039-53375
Number of cases: 197
Macro run date: 08/02/2003

Approval: 80 (41%)
Withdrawn/Denied: 1 (1%)
FP Sent: 1 (1%)
Misc: 11 (6%)
Received: 40 (20%)
Resumed/FP Recv: 43 (22%)
Transferred: 21 (11%)

Last Approval: 03/13/2003
Last Resumed/FP Recv: 7/16/2003
Last Transfer: 7/23/2003 (last activity date for this range)

For privacy reasons, I am mailing the MS Excel file only to the members who are analyzing it.

src01-146

Here is the data for SRC01-146, ND April 11, 2001

Scanned 08/02/2003. Range is from 50000-62189. One case was approved on July 29, 2003. This is the latest activity on the cases filed on that date.

Approved/Completed ... 117 (63%)
Transferred .......... 29 (16%)
RFE Received ......... 3 ( 2%)
RFE Sent ............. 1 ( 1%)
Resumed/FP Received .. 2 ( 1%)
Received ............. 28 (15%)
Misc ................. 5 ( 3%)
Total ................ 185

One more approval - 8/2/2003

Stats for SRC 020345XXXX

One more approval on 8/2/2003 (changed from RFE recd (10/29/2002 to Approved/Completed on 8/2/2003).

This is interesting since 2nd August happens to be a Saturday. Does TSC also work on Saturdays ? On second thoughts, the online database may be been updated at 12am early Sat morning.

This brings the total approval count to 101 out of 224 cases for that day - 10 Nov, 2001

Anyways, that is good news.

Lets keep up the spirits folks !!

jaysee & zhongman

Good find, Jaysee.
Can you & Zhongman please update the Consolidated file and create the next versions.

Vili, you are right, I had got SRC02-131, somehow we must missed it initially in the consolidation. Thanks for pointing it out.

Data consolidation sheet update

Goastros,

Will update ver 14 of the consolidated file at the end of the week.

Meanwhile, keep up the spirits folks !!

Another approval

Got this from another post on this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I am happy to say that both of our cases ( me and wife) have been approved and stamped after the local office interview at Charlotte yesterday.

The Interview was at 7.45 am ( for me) and 8.15 am for my wife and we arrived at the office at 7.30 with a local lawyer , showed the interview letter and were allowed inside to a hall to wait for our names to be called. A few minutes later a nice lady officer called our names ( both of us together , and the lawyer followed us) and asked to sign seperate I-551 data collection forms with a finger print on that form . After she took us to her cabin where she first asked us to take the oath to tell only truth , asked us to show proof of identification ( driver's licence and Social Security Card , and Passport) , any one of us were ever married before , when did we last arrive to US.
Later she asked the standard I-485 form questions like u have any criminal record etc? and took our all EAD and APs and latest
I-94 but did not ask for any other documents like employment letter , bank statement , paystubs, lease etc we our lawyer asked us to give a copy of each one of them and the original employment letter , she didn't look at any of those but just attached them to the file.
My lawyer was so good and helpful and kind a knows the people over there and was asking about each one of them like a casual talk , and when he asked why her room is filled with so many boxes of files , she said they are not allowed to work overtime and trying their best to finish it within the stipulated time.
Finally she said she has approved our cases , stamping for 1 year and the actual cards will arrive in 4-6 weeks.
The entire process took less than 10 minutes and we were out of the office at 8 am .

Though I felt mine was a simple and straight case , working for the same employer and the same place ever since I came to US,
I was little tensed but now I feel the patience has paid off .
I think it is better to go with all the documention filed neatly , so that the officer gets a good impression and won't ask too many questions.

I thank all of you for all the help , support and information provided all these years and also to Rajiv khanna for maintaining this wonderful site .
I wish and pray that all of you will get the approvals at the earliest.

PD: Aug 2000,
RD: 10/02/2001,
ND: 11/03/2001,
FP: 04/30/2002,
RFE: 04/12/2003 ( Employment letter)
TD: 05/09/2003,
Interview letter received 07/03/2003
Interview date : 07/22/2003
Approved and stamped on 07/22/2003

Here are my details:

SRC01-230-xxxxx (RD May 4, 2001 ND Jul 30, 2001)
FP done in Jan 2003

My FP status has NOT been updated on the website (unlike my wife... she did her FP in May 2003), but they IIO(s) told my wife that they have FPs from both of us.

Thanks!

Here are my details:

SRC01-256-xxxxx (RD Jul 27, 2001 ND Aug 29, 2001)
FP done in May 2003

Interestingly I didn't see this number series in the data consolidation !!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.