Data Consolidation Project (Thread #6)

Goastros,

Please see attached my scan of today for 01258. The wave stopped for this range, just two new approvals in December so far.

Regards,

JLSBR

version 66

This version contains updates for 03-008, 03-009, 03-010, 03-019, 03-037, 03-050

Also included are scan results of
Antsy02098 02-099
Yellow Knight 01-226
jlsbr 01-258

Thank you
vidy5300

I am having trouble in running the macro and I am not that familiar with excel macros. please help.

I downloaded consolidated_v66.zip and when I open Macros I see many macros there (I485Scan, Macro2, ModifiedI485Scan, MultScan485). Which macro I should use to scan now ?

-- rbls5

Here is the latest ZIP file.

Please look for the 12/11/03 as the last run date.

I observed, that there are some cases approved 2/3 months ago and status is being updated now, with the old date.. This is also good.

But the question is, 'Did TSC send the approval notices out to folks that time and updating the database now?'

Answer on how to run the Macro: Please use Multiscan to pick multiple worksheets out of the spread sheet.

Input should be - YYDDD-YYYDD

This will scann for all the cases on those worksheets and update the individual worksheets and also the summary sheet.

Thanks,
- RR

Hello RBSL5, You can also use 'ModifiedScan' to run an individual worksheet. Input for this would be the Worksheet name. Example SRC02-123

Hope this helps,
- RR

Here is the new run on 12/11/2003 for range SRC02250XXXXX-XXXXX

It seems no movement for FP's/Approvals/Transfars/Misc.,

BaSh

Last edited by a moderator:
New Version with a "Members" Sheet

Hello All,

Attached is the latest version of the Consolidated sheet. (Version 68).

I have added a new "Members" sheet which will attempt to record the RD (month). If somebody has been approved I colored it Green. I think it provides a better overview rather than having lots of people replying to various threads.

I populated some of the 2001 files from the "2001 filers thread".

Please add your name to this sheet, and before posting it here you can always scan some data as well which will keep the sheet current.

Any comments ??

The data is now really messed up!

In this version 68, I think you have sorted the data/information in such a way that the information has now become totally incorrect.

For example, on the 01-163 group, you are showing "approved/completed" for a case like mine and my wife whereas the real status of our cases are "resumed/fp recvd".

Can you please check on this. The entire 01-163v group is really messed up now.

Thank you!

Caution while sorting the data

If anybody is sorting the indicidual sheets, please make sure all columns are selected. I think when somebody sorted 01-163 all columns were not selected that is why the messup.

I took a old 01-163 sheet and replaced it in V69. Can eveybody check their individual SRC sheets to make sure the data is not messed up.

Please be careful when sorting

consolidation

eb2_I485_RD0901
GREAT Job!
Some instances, there may be more than 1 case for a particular login Name; for eg., mine has 2 cases (spouse & me) for the same RD date;
Hence, The actual Numbers will be slightly more.
Anyway, Neatly assembled work, to know where we stand.
rvmvp

Originally posted by greensaf
The data is now really messed up!

In this version 68, I think you have sorted the data/information in such a way that the information has now become totally incorrect.

For example, on the 01-163 group, you are showing "approved/completed" for a case like mine and my wife whereas the real status of our cases are "resumed/fp recvd".

Can you please check on this. The entire 01-163v group is really messed up now.

Thank you!

Greensaf, do you know when data for your SRC date was right.
That way, we could check if the data for other dates is also messed or not.

Guys, please be careful while consolidating.
And also make sure you add any new data additions posted in this thread for eg -
Nortel's addition of 01-223 was missed in last 2-3 versions.

I will add it to the next version.

ver 70.0

here is the latest version.
+ Nortel's data for SRC 01-223.
ReScanned data for 12/12 & 12/13 for many dates.

So far 54 approvals for this month.
Src01-256 which includes Dvorak & Palao leads the way with 10 so far.

Interestingly there were 3 approvals for SRC01-069 ( 3rd Jan 01)
even though the official processing date is of feb 01.

eb2_I485_RD0901, I have added few more ids to the members sheet.

By the way, I have changed the stopcount to 990 from 970.
That takes almost max advantage of the no of hits per IP.
Any valid reason we shd keep this to 970, Pradha ?

Enhancement request - We shd a new column which will be a hyperlink to the actual Sheet. So when I have to see SRC02-176
while I am at summary sheet, I can just click a link rather than few mouse scrolls.
I tried to do that but rather than a fixed valud of src02-176 it shd be the vale in A column.
Pradha, eb2_I485_RD0901 - are you guys listening ?

Thanks.

GOASTROS!!!!

Goastros,
The most up-to-date data and correct information for all dates in May 2001 can be found in a posting by user "may01". The posting is entitled "more approvals and RFE's" it was posted on Dec 10, 2003.

This is the most up-to-date info for May 2001 applicants.

Thanks!!!

RD-mAY 01
ND MAY 01
FP - DONE

Version 72

goastros,eb2..,

It was great to have the hyperlink idea, Was there a way to go back to the summary after switching to a sheet. I didn't know, so I went and added a summary hyperlink in Cell H1 in all the sheets.
Thanks to BCIS/you guys I am learning some excel/macro now

I saw a little piece in one of the sheets posted, which will also pick the city transferred in transferred cases, I went ahead and added that in the consolidated file macro also so that when it scans it will keep that in column G
As we do not rescan the transferred cases, as a one time exercise I scanned only the transferred cases, but could go only upto 02-076 ( as it hit 990), will do the rest later.

The number 970, I just came up with a number leaving a few numbers before you get the denied message, so that you can still check an individual case if you need to duriing the next day.

I saw two more sheets which had the data messed up 01-210,01-231, I picked them from consolidated-65 and replaced. Also 01-257 appeared to be wrong. I replaced it too, the old 01-257 is still there renamed as 01-257_old. Any one who is posting next may delete the 01-257_old. I could not rescan them. They should be Ok when it is rescanned next time.

Added a sheet 03-011

---pr

Activating Hyperlink Toolbar in Excel

Just in case anybody does not know how to do this:

To use the "Hyperlinks" to the fullest make sure that you have the "WEB" Toolbar activated in excel.

Using this Toolbar one can navigate the File like in a Browser.
To do this use the steps:

1. Open the consolidated file.
2. Select "View" (top Left after the "Edit" menue")
3. Select "Toolbars"
4. Select "Web"

See atached File.

Re: Version 72

Originally posted by pradha
goastros,eb2..,

It was great to have the hyperlink idea, Was there a way to go back to the summary after switching to a sheet. I didn't know, so I went and added a summary hyperlink in Cell H1 in all the sheets.
Thanks to BCIS/you guys I am learning some excel/macro now

I saw a little piece in one of the sheets posted, which will also pick the city transferred in transferred cases, I went ahead and added that in the consolidated file macro also so that when it scans it will keep that in column G
As we do not rescan the transferred cases, as a one time exercise I scanned only the transferred cases, but could go only upto 02-076 ( as it hit 990), will do the rest later.

---pr

Actually there was a easy way to go back to the Summary sheet
you can hit the last sheet. It is on the bottom left corner.
Now of course Members is the last sheet.

Eb2, I am not sure if Members will do us any good though cos we need everyone to update it.

Actually now based on Kashmir's messages abt Transfers in CSC, we too shd track things abt Transfer at our TSC like how many transfers this week, which local offices.

Regarding the "Members" Sheet ...

Goastros,

U R right. The "Members" sheet will have value only if other people update it. The idea was to try and bring "information" to a common place.

I feel that we can try to implement more concepts and ideas into the consolidated sheeet ...... if other people add to it it brings collective value to all ......

I think for now we can leave it there .... if going forward we find it is useless we can delete it.