Data Consolidation Project February Thread

Re: Good news...3MB sanctioned by Rajiv

Originally posted by jaxen

The good news is that the size limit has been increased to 3MB! Please pass on the thank you note, to rajiv and monica (rajiv's girl friday! Kudos Mam)

So please reconsider your strategy. My suggestion is :Let us have another thread that grows with approved numbers (with data of what changed when ) That way, we can split the problem between approved and still pending cases. As soon as you make up an approved (RFE, transfer are all still pending) excel and a new thread, I will stick it up.

Thanks to Rajiv & Monica and to you, Jaxen.
We will go back to the 1 file for somplicity soon. As per the new strategy, we will start working on it.
In the meantime, here is the next version spread in 4 files.
Ver 173
+ GcCare's data for 02-057
+ More data for SRC 01-216
+ Rescanned upto 02-078.
There are now 773 approvals for Feb 04
Approximately abt 15 approvals for 02/17 and lot of RFEs

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaxen Thanks a lot !!

Very Good news !!
3MB will take us a long long way !!

Another Q is that do you want us to go and delete "OLD" files to save space ?
e.g if current version is V170 then delete all files V150 and older ?
If yes, is there a way to automate this ?

Since we are at V170 we have used approx 150MB of space. I know that these days space is cheap (a 120 GB HB is approx $120) ...but if you want us to delete old files let us know.

What is this all about?

My 485 was filed in Oct 2002 and am waiting for the FP still.
I do not understand what you guys are doing here. Can sombody explain about the xls file? May be I can contribute as well.

Thanks,

U

Re: What is this all about?

Originally posted by upamanyu
My 485 was filed in Oct 2002 and am waiting for the FP still.
I do not understand what you guys are doing here. Can sombody explain about the xls file? May be I can contribute as well.

Thanks,

U

Welcome upamanyu.
What we were doing is collecting 485 scan results for different SRC numbers into a excel file.
How we were doing is using a polling against the USCIS online status site and picking up the 485 SRCs and storing them and their statuses.

Pretty soon, we will be writing new set of instructions, so keep an eye on this thread.
In the meantime, if you wish you can download the zipped files above and open all the 4 xls files and see the summary sheet which is the last sheet at the end on cons_sum.xls.
If you would like to help or add more data, goto the 1st message of this thread and read the instructions.
You can Pm me if want any more specific instructions.

I tried, but failed

Hi goastros, I downloaded the zipped file and tried couple of time to scan 0306453xxx (12/31/02) range, but everytime failed. It's always says I don't open Internet Explorer, but I do open it first. BTW, I use my Mac to do this, is this the problem, I can'n figure out what's wrong. Thanks

Macro Help

Is there any Excel Macro that scans only the SRC numbers listed in the worksheet of the spreadsheet ? Basically Macro reads from the SRC number from worksheet one by one and updates it with the result ?

Please reply

Ignore my last message.

I did not check the macros properly.

I scanned 01-272 (Sep 19). Activity of Feb 18, 2004

1. Approval :- 4 (one with FP = 4/25/03 and three with reviced on 9/19/2001).

2. RFE :- 3 (with FP dates on May 16, May 7 and April 16).

Enjoy :)

I am still trying to figure out how to upload this spreadsheet here.

It took around one min to scan this sheet.

Re: I tried, but failed

Originally posted by tsc123102
Hi goastros, I downloaded the zipped file and tried couple of time to scan 0306453xxx (12/31/02) range, but everytime failed. It's always says I don't open Internet Explorer, but I do open it first. BTW, I use my Mac to do this, is this the problem, I can'n figure out what's wrong. Thanks

tsc123102 , I am sorry I can't be of much help as I am completely unfamiliar with MAC machines.
But looking at the macro yes it looks for a Internet Explorer.
I will try to replace that and test if the same works with mozilla.
If it does without messing up anything else you could replace the internet explorer with Mac's browser.

Yes, we should delete old files. I would suggest one of you core guys do that (or send a PM to me as to what posts need to be deleted). We should reciprocate rajiv's gesture with our own management of efficiency and space usage.
By the number of updates that we are getting everyday, may be we need to have two threads every month:)

Even with 3MB limit I would still recommend two different threads-one for approval and another for pending cases.

Summary sheet

When I open summary sheet, I can see the real numbers for couple of seconds. Then it changed to "REF REF # # #", for the whole or part of the sheet. It was not giving any trouble 10 days before when it was like single file. I couldn't understand, if I am doing wrong somewhere. Please suggest me, if it has any solution. Thanks.

Originally posted by jaxen2
Yes, we should delete old files. I would suggest one of you core guys do that (or send a PM to me as to what posts need to be deleted). We should reciprocate rajiv's gesture with our own management of efficiency and space usage.
By the number of updates that we are getting everyday, may be we need to have two threads every month:)

Even with 3MB limit I would still recommend two different threads-one for approval and another for pending cases.

I have deleted my earlier zipped file postings upto ver 155 in this thread.
As per the previous month threads, I will go into that to delete soon.

Re: Summary sheet

Originally posted by hyd66
When I open summary sheet, I can see the real numbers for couple of seconds. Then it changed to "REF REF # # #", for the whole or part of the sheet. It was not giving any trouble 10 days before when it was like single file. I couldn't understand, if I am doing wrong somewhere. Please suggest me, if it has any solution. Thanks.

hyd66, you shd also open cons_01.xls, cons_02.xls, cons_03.xls.
On the summary sheet on the left hand side, if you click CONS_01 it will open the cons_01.xls for you.

Hopefully soon, someone will re-make all the files into 1.
AT work, I am on pager rotation this week, so giving attention to re-merging 4 files into 1 is turning out to be difficult for me.

Regarding Approval and Pending threads

Jaxen,

I am not sure why you are recommending two threads. Please help me understand.

But here are the issues I see with having two files.

Everytime a case is approved, you would have to manually (unless someone comes up with a macro) remove it from the pending file and add it to the approved file and post these files to two different threads.

The more manual intervention we have the more errors will be introduced.

Moreover, I would personally like to see the approval counts for each month before and after every scan, so that I have an idea how TSC is doing for that week. If we move the approvals to a different file, all the results on the summary page would be skewed and more difficult to understad.

I think the time and energy that are needed for this effort can be better spent gathering more data.

Therefore I vote for keeping the consolidated file as it is and I request others to post their opinions on this issue.

Please hold a while and do not post new scan. I am putting all to one sheet now as suggested. Since I do not know the good way to do it, I will do it my way (slow):), it may take a while.

Last edited by a moderator: