Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

There is one on 635 and 75(south west) and one in grand prairie (360 and greenoaks I think). I went to the one in GP and it was very fast.

Today I recieved email from USCIS tha My case has been sent for standard interview. Does this mean all my background checks completed and expect an interview letter?

My long and hard journey with Immigration ended today 8/21/09 at 9:10AM. I am now a proud US citizen. I would like to thanks you all for the support and tips and I wish you all the best. God Bless you all and Good Luck to those of your still waiting.

My Timeline:
N400 Sent on 4/2/2009
N400 Received in Texas on 4/6/2009
Received NOA 4/08/09
Received FP Notice 4/20/09
FP completed 5/1/09
Received Interview Notice 5/30/09
Interview Scheduled for 7/7/09
Interviewed: Pass the test
Oath Completed 8/21/09 at 9:10AM

My long and hard journey with Immigration ended today 8/21/09 at 9:10AM. I am now a proud US citizen. I would like to thanks you all for the support and tips and I wish you all the best. God Bless you all and Good Luck to those of your still waiting.

Oath Completed 8/21/09 at 9:10AM

Congratulations Amatech !!!:)!!!

Today I recieved email from USCIS tha My case has been sent for standard interview. Does this mean all my background checks completed and expect an interview letter?

My online case status never changed from "Case Recieved and Pending" even though I am already U.S. citizen now. lol :confused:

Congratulations Amatech!!!!

See my signature for details. It is interesting to note that USCIS cashed the check even before sending the receipt notice :)

I thought that was always the case. But on the bright side, they normally cash the check only if the application is complete for the most part.

Got my IL today for Sept 29th.

Congratulations! Your got it to the Interview stage very quick.

Btw, when you went for fingerprinting (walk-in), did they have any issue when you walked-in before your scheduled FP?

I see that you went on a Saturday, was it crowded? There are two FP locations, one in Dallas and the other in Fort Worth, which location did you go for FP?

Do we have to go only to the location that is specified in the notice if we do a walk in? The reason why I am asking this is because when I key in my zip code in the USCIS site, I am getting the Fort Worth location for FP, which is 45 miles from my place. The Dallas location is only 18 miles, so not sure why USCIS picks Fort Worth for my zip code???

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that was always the case. But on the bright side, they normally cash the check only if the application is complete for the most part.

My interview letter says the proceedings will take about 2 hours. Is this general statement for everyone or its just case by case.

My original location for FP was Fortworth ASC but since its too far from my home location, I decide to go for Dallas location. I went there around 11, sat morning and there were only 3 or 4 people. I handed over the letter to security counter and the lady asked my why I appear early and I have to go to Ft worth but I explained her as I am busy on the scheduled day and also it was very far from my home. She asked me If I live closed to this location and I said yes. She said OK and gave me the work sheet to fill out. The whole process was done in 10 min and I was the last one to get FP and no one after me.

Thank you and appreciate it. I am in a similar situation like you for FP and will follow your route and see what happens!

Updating my details and my experience at the Interview
==========================================
Went in at about 7:30 AM for my 8 AM appointment, DO called me and walked me thru the application form and made sure all the questions are answered correctly. I had 1 traffic ticket, but did not mark in the application form as "yes" for the question - Have you even committed a crime question. But when the DO asked me the question that - Have you ever been cited by a law enforcement officer" - I answered yes and mentioned traffic tickets.. and she said it was ok and moved on. She asked me if I was arrested and I mentioned no and she moved on very quickly.

I also had a name change along with my application. She told me that I can't take the oath today since mine will be a judicial oath ceremony and told me I will be receiving my oath letter very shortly. She also mentioned that they are planning to request the Judge to come to the Irving USCIS facility to preside the ceremony in the future for Judicial Oath Ceremony