Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I would like thank everyone in this forum for frequent updates and helping each other with most current information. I would like share my exp with the group.
I had my innterview scheduled yesterday (3/5) at Irving office along with my wife. We were assigned seprate officers. Mine was very straight forward. No additional questions were asked other than confirming what was mentioned in the application. Once the office went over the application, he asked me to read a question. He told me the answer to the quesiton and asked me to write. After that, he started asking me the iterview quesitons. I answered the first 6 correctly and he said I was approved. I requested him to see if I can take the oath on the same day. He said he would check if if there are any seats available and came back with the oath letter for the same day. He said whether you get the oath on the same day or not depends on the availability of the slots for that day at the time when you finish interview. My interview started at 10.30 and finished by 10.45 am (actual scehdule was at 9.30). Overall the office was very polite and nice. My wife reported pretty much same thing except the she was aked specifically if she got any traffic tickets. She told she had one and mentioned that she took the online defence driving course and paid the fee. He said it was fine. She also got the oath on the same day. I know there was lot of discussion on this thread whether on the current situation about the same day oath. Based on my observation, most of the people I saw in the interview waiting roon were at the oath ceremony in the afternoon. There were only total of 60 people in the afternoon oath ceremony and most of them were approved on the same day during the morning interviews.

Hope this helps others going to interviews soon..: Good Luck

Oath Completed - Naturalization Certificate Rcvd!

First thanks a zillion for this forum which has helped millions like me in the last decade or so!!

Looks like the the journey that started some 10+ years ago has completed the first lap! The new journey with the citizenship begins now!! :) :D

Oath Ceremony: (N-400 with name change)
==================================

Reached the INS Irving offices around 9:00 am. Passed through the security (yes cellphones, cameras, camcorders and family members are allowed!). The ceremony hall was on the immediate left of the security gates

There were about 175 people that were talking the oath that day. Here was the quick agenda of the session:

9:30 - 11:00 am - General sessions, Orientation;
-----------------------------------------------
Trying to assemble people, make them seated in the center column of the three-columned seating arrangement. Giving you general instruction to fill-in the questions at the back of the "letter".

REMINDER - The questions at the back pertains to events that happened AFTER your interview. So, if you got married after the citizenship interview, then mark the question "YES". If were married before the interview mark it "NO". This was repeated so many times and seems that so many people there didn't really get it even after all the messaging.

They collected the "Green Card" and issued us some pamphlets and books on constitution and US National flag (small).

11:00 - 11:45 am - Oath administration
---------------------------------------
The district court judge came in at 11:00 am and the hall was declared a "courtroom". The Oath and pledge of allegiance were administered. The National Anthem songs were played. And the "Naturalization" certificates were issued.

If you find everything fine of the certificate (names with no spelling mistake, correct date of birth etc) you are free to leave.

Documents:
Required:
1. Green Card - If you don't have it, you have an opportunity to sign a form during the ceremony (but all the participants today had theirs).
2. Your Oath Ceremony Invitation letter

Optional:
3. Social Security Card
4. Your existing "nationality" passport
5. Any other immigration documents that led to the path of citizenship (H1B docs, GC filing related docs etc)
6. Passport sized Photos - At least 2;

I was getting too bold probably :D - I carried only #1 and #2

Last edited by a moderator:
How to Schedule Infopass

Sorry guys if this a repeat question, but i tried searching for the answer and could not find a specific answer (or maybe too frustrated to dig well for answer):confused:
Can any one tell me (or send me a link) on how to schedule an infopass in Dallas?:confused:

Thanks
michael

Done with my oath ceremony on March 12th. Finally!

Oath letter requested presence at 8:30am and the ceremony is completed by 9:40am for about 110 candidates. Rather fast and smooth, I'd say.

Good luck to everyone still in the waiting line. The line is moving fast now ...

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)
Interview Letter received: 12/26/08
Interview Approval: 02/20/09 at Irving Las Colinas
Oath Ceremony: 03/12/09 at at Irving Las Colinas
... a new journey starts with the citizenship

Done with my oath ceremony on March 12th. Finally!

Oath letter requested presence at 8:30am and the ceremony is completed by 9:40am for about 110 candidates. Rather fast and smooth, I'd say.

Good luck to everyone still in the waiting line. The line is moving fast now ...

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)
Interview Letter received: 12/26/08
Interview Approval: 02/20/09 at Irving Las Colinas
Oath Ceremony: 03/12/09 at at Irving Las Colinas
... a new journey starts with the citizenship

Congrats---- a fast and smooth Oath is what I dream of ;)

Sucks for me. Oath got descheduled. After thousands of inquiries and I thought this was over but guess not. Any 2 cents on this would be very much appreciated.

Took my oath today at Las Colinas Center, process begun on time and was flawless. Feels good to be a US citizen. Good luck to y'all.

March 5,2009 interview and still waiting for an oath letter..

Does anybody here interviewed march 5,2009 receive their aoth taking letter? am still waiting for mine..

Have you taken a look at LAZYCIS thread? About suing USCIS? :)
Also what about some letters from the sticky thread? :)

Sucks for me. Oath got descheduled. After thousands of inquiries and I thought this was over but guess not. Any 2 cents on this would be very much appreciated.

Hi Chmurali,

Looks like my case and your case are similar, just the only difference is they are waiting on my temp file, they have my permanent file.
N-400 posted Aug 6 2008
FP Done Aug 27 2008
Interview Date Feb 24 2009.
On the day of interview she told me I passed the test, she is waiting for the temp file, and told me that it should be with her in a week or so, which i think is ..... you know what I mean. I will wait until end of this month and try to take Info pass.
Keep me posted if there are any changes on your side.

Thanks

Sure thing THDRR. Will update this forum the moment I receive a letter for Oath ceremony. I have bunch of frustating questions for folks in USCIS for which there are currently no answers.
1. During the interview process the interviewing officer told me that they lost my file and application but she brought my photos from the application and asked me to sign in a certain pattern on top of the photos. If they lost the application then how can she retrieve the photos from the same file? I Volunteered to fill out a new application if the original one is lost but she said that option is not available. Why is that?
2. Interviewing officer asked me if I had any traffic violations and parking tickets and I told her that I got 2 points about 8 years ago which were removed after taking Defensive driving classes and minor parking violations in NY city for which the penalty was pully paid and violations dismissed completely. I noticed that after listening to similar situation some one else in the same forum got approved for same day Oath ceremony. Then in my case why was I not offered say day Oath ceremony if the fault of loosing application lies with USCIS? They should fix their act themselves rather than delaying the application of the applicant in my view.
3. When USCIS gives a link to check the status of the application online then why doesn't it show the correct status to the external applicant like pending name check, waiting for next available Oath or interview date etc., Even when so many updates are done to my case like Finger printing, Interview, temp file creation, original file lost etc., nothing is reflected online and it is simply waste of time to register your case there and looking at that website to get latest status.
4. Some folks got their citizen ship process done within 3 months and for some folks it takes more than a year and no transperant reason is given to the applicant for this delay. What a frustating agony?
5. Why does they ask to wait 90 days before some change on the application status? I believe snails can move at a faster pace than these folks.

Hi guys. I am new in the N400 forum, but not new to the site. I was on the I751 forum and just got approved. I just mailed my N400 application and here is my time line:

N400 Sent on 4/2/2009
N400 Received in Texas on 4/6/2009
Received NOA ???
Received FP Notice ????
FP completed ????
Received Interview Notice ????
Interview Scheduled for ????
Interviewed and Approved ????
Oath Completed ??????
Passport Received ????