Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

My Interview

I received my interview letter and is scheduled at new USCIS office in Irving, TX.

D/O: Dallas, Texas
10/10/08 : Received Date
10/10/08 : Priority Date
10/23/08 : Notice Date
11/07/2008: FP Notice
11/18/2008: FP Completed
12/22/2008: Interview letter (Notice Date)
02/17/2009: Interview Date
??: Oath Letter
??: Oath Date

Awesome info. Thanks Techpage. It is clearly evident the courts are more organized than the USCIS. At least you can see what dates it will be if you to get an oath letter for judicial oath.
Anyone has oath for this thursday, Jan 15?

One question, why is the naturalization schedule under "JURY"

Got some more dates. This time is judicial... http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/jury/dallas.html

Last edited by a moderator:
now waiting for Oath Letter

Greetings all,

I just had my interview on 01/06/2009. I have to say that it was a positive experience :D.

At the end, the INS officer informed me that I was recomended for approval and i should receive the Oath letter in mail. She was very friendly and I asked her about same-day Oath to which she replied that since i am requesting a name change a same-day Oath cannot be done. However, She informed me that since they are moving to the new building, i should expect some delay in receiving my Oath letter???!!!! :confused:

Anyone with similar experience? It would be interesting to see when others will receive their Oath letters?
And i will definitly keep y'all posted regarding mine

Interview

Greetings all,

I just had my interview on 01/06/2009. I have to say that it was a positive experience :D.

.... However, She informed me that since they are moving to the new building, i should expect some delay in receiving my Oath letter???!!!! :confused:

Congratulations on your interview.

I am on the exact same situation - Interview on 1/6 with Name change. Refer to my earlier posting on what the officer had jokingly mentioned ;)

Latest_Oath in DFW

Awesome info. Thanks Techpage. It is clearly evident the courts are more organized than the USCIS. At least you can see what dates it will be if you to get an oath letter for judicial oath.
Anyone has oath for this thursday, Jan 15?

One question, why is the naturalization schedule under "JURY"

So I assume Feb 12, is the latest oath in DFW. Are they going to put everybody in this or only the local county residents ? Also I was told to expect oath letter 10 days beofre ceremony. Is it same with everybody ?

I am still wait for my oath letter also, I had an interview and passed in 2nd week of November. I will have a name change, do I suppose to get something from them prior to the oath ceremony ?
uscis.gov site shows pending status, but uncertainty waiting is driving me crazy.

would like to hear of any experience at the new Irving office

i had my interview there. you can show up earlier than the time they had put on your form. make sure you get a pager, if you don't they ask you to drop your letter into a box and they call your name, some people's paper got lost and they waited for several hours to be called, they were very upset because some people came with in 30 minutes and got called in.

I am still wait for my oath letter also, I had an interview and passed in 2nd week of November. I will have a name change, do I suppose to get something from them prior to the oath ceremony ?
uscis.gov site shows pending status, but uncertainty waiting is driving me crazy.

I was told by the interviewing lady that it does not matter when u had your interview, they start mailing oath letter only 2 weeks prior to the ceremony. I was told to expect my letter in the last few days of January. According to her, they expect a ceremony in the mid Feb, which I think is the same as of Jan,12 (tarrant county). Please keep each other up to date on this.

Any IL for people who completed FP in Dec 08? Please update your timeline. Looks like only people who completed their FP in Nov 08 have received their IL so far. Thanks.

Why do they send oath letter 2 weeks prior to ceremony? Don't they know some of us have to take off work and buy flight tickets at a reasonable price. What is so hard about sending oath letters 3 -4 weeks in advance. Afterall, the oath dates are pretty much fixed for the next six months (dallas court). One more inefficiency added to an already long list.

I was told by the interviewing lady that it does not matter when u had your interview, they start mailing oath letter only 2 weeks prior to the ceremony. I was told to expect my letter in the last few days of January. According to her, they expect a ceremony in the mid Feb, which I think is the same as of Jan,12 (tarrant county). Please keep each other up to date on this.

OK folks received my interview letter today. Interview on March 3rd at the new USCIS Irving location. I have updated my signature. Looks like folks who completed FP in Dec 08 are being scheduled for interviews in March 09. 5 months is the timeframe for N-400 processing from start to finish for Dallas DO according to USCIS update yesterday. Good luck to all. Please keep updating your time-lines for the benefit of all. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they have speeded up the processing time.....just the wasted time in trying to get there is what pi**es me off....

Quick question on oath ceremony in Dallas. It looks like after reading the posts, I understand that, even for normal cases (which does not involve name change), are they NOT allowing to take the oath on the same day like they used to do before ?
My interview is scheduled for Mar 5th (Thu). I am hping that I can finish the oath on the same day once my case is approved.

Can any one commnet ? or Share your experience on this ?

Does anyone who has an interview in Dec gets an oath letter yet?
They told me I would expect an oath letter in 30 days, but now it is almost two months after the interview.:confused: