Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Guys,
I had my interview today and everything went well. However Int-Officer told me they are moving their office to new location in Irving from I-35 and there are no more same day Oaths for a while. I was told to expect Oath letter in few weeks and expect ceremony soon. Any thoughts? Is there anyone else in the same boat? Please share

I had my interview on 10/23/08 and still waiting for the oath letter .... :confused: :mad: :(

I am in almost same boat with you. Had an interview on 4th Dec., name change and live in Denton county! please, let us know here if you receive letter!

Fuzzy

This is very informative. Anyways I've been waiting for the oath letter close to a month now. Any chance that I'll have the oath within this month? It's judicial, name change involved. Any info is appreciated. I live in Denton County.

Oath letter

Congrats on completing your interview. Do you come under Dallas DO? Surprised your interview was so quick when other timelines along the same date as yours have their interviews in Feb 09.

Please give more information about how your interview went and questions asked. Did you ask them about judicial oath ceremony and how often it takes place?

If you read through this thread there is one instance when someone had to wait for 5 months between interview and oath as it was a judicial ceremony. Good luck.

Mavsfan,

You have no idea. Anyways after calls and calls, infopasses, back in October 08 I found out that my FP notice wasn't mailed at all. IO officer I spoke with was very helpful and said that I'll get my case expedited so had fp and interview back to back. I knew name change would involve a judicial ceremony but how often is it. Back to your interview questions, the 10 questions was very simple it all came from the guides. ie color of the stripes, if both p and vp dies who becomes p, name one senator etc. And good thing I brought my ss card with me. I brought so much with me but that was the only thing she asked for it.

fuzzy,

All I got was a white sheet of paper saying that I passed my civics and history. and was recommended for approval. She said I might have to wait a while cause it's a judicial oath. I think it will be at Sherman courthouse. I think I read somewhere in the forum denton county belongs to some district that belongs to sherman texas. ha ha

Question about Yellow Letter

Can't help noticing several people mentioned receiving a Yellow Letter. Mine is a rather straightforward case with no kids. Already received my IL (set for Feb 20th in Irving) but no such a Yellow Letter. Should all applicants expect it?

Thanks

Well look at the bright side :). You are almost done except for the judicial oath which might take a while as I come to understand from some posts here.
Even the regular adminsitrative oath ceremonies are being delayed since Dec since the office is being moved to Irving.

Mavsfan,

You have no idea. Anyways after calls and calls, infopasses, back in October 08 I found out that my FP notice wasn't mailed at all. IO officer I spoke with was very helpful and said that I'll get my case expedited so had fp and interview back to back. I knew name change would involve a judicial ceremony but how often is it. Back to your interview questions, the 10 questions was very simple it all came from the guides. ie color of the stripes, if both p and vp dies who becomes p, name one senator etc. And good thing I brought my ss card with me. I brought so much with me but that was the only thing she asked for it.

Don't worry, no big deal really. It is just some procedural thing I guess. Few of them got it like me, most of them don't get it.

Question about Yellow Letter

Can't help noticing several people mentioned receiving a Yellow Letter. Mine is a rather straightforward case with no kids. Already received my IL (set for Feb 20th in Irving) but no such a Yellow Letter. Should all applicants expect it?

Thanks

Sherman? Wow...
I did my finger printed in Arlington, interviewed in Dallas and oath ceremony in Sherman? :confused:
I think I am living in some weird location.
Thank you for your reply, techpage!

Fuzzy

fuzzy,

All I got was a white sheet of paper saying that I passed my civics and history. and was recommended for approval. She said I might have to wait a while cause it's a judicial oath. I think it will be at Sherman courthouse. I think I read somewhere in the forum denton county belongs to some district that belongs to sherman texas. ha ha

don't be frustrated fuzzy, just some posts i read in the past, I'm sure we'll get our oath letter soon. been googling for potential oath dates for some time. Ca and some other states publish their dates but cound't find anything for dallas.

Guys,

My interview is scheduled for today at Stemmons. Will post the details later today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

My interview is scheduled for today at Stemmons. Will post the details later today!
NOA #1: Receipt of Application 26-Sep-2008
NOA #2: FP Notice: 2-Oct-2008
FP Due Date: 8-Oct-2008
FP Complete: 8-Oct-2008
IL Rcvd: 11-Nov-2008
NOA #3: 23-Nov-2008 - Yellow Letter
Int Date: 6-Jan-2009
Wife's IL Rcvd: 12-2-2008
Wife's NOA #3: 22-Dec-2008 - Yellow letter
Wife's Int Date 29-Jan-2009

What is the NOA with Yellow letter? You had already received the IL, so what additional info does the yellow NOA provide?

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed my interview!

Completed my interview yesterday. Here is my experience:
Interview time: 1/6/2009 12:55 PM
Reached the place at 12:30 pm, the entry security guard asked whether I carry a cellphone and mentioned it is not allowed. Hence had to go back to the car to drop it off. Went through the security check and dropped off my IL through a drop-box on one of the doors as mentioned by the security guard. Took a seat and waited. Called in by the immigration officer named Wei at 1:45 pm. Struck casual conversation with her along the hallway towards her desk.

She asked me to raise the hand and take an oath (?!!) affirming that what I state is all true.

She asked me for the following:
* Green Card
* Driver's license
* Social Security Card
* Passport

She then asked all the questions listed in the N-400 application that requires yes or no. Asked if I had any arrest, said no, then asked any traffic tickets, speeding tickets and I said 3 tickets in 9 years. (I had not mentioned any tickets on the N-400 application). She made the corrections on the N-400 and asked if all of them are taken care. I said yes and she just took notes and asked for approximate dates and place where those happened. Noted it down on N-400. Asked whether I had taken any foreign trips after I had submitted the application and I said yes and she noted down the changes in N-400. She asked whether I still work for the same employer and I said no since I switched job after application. Noted down the new employer and address as change in the N-400.

Asked whether I had paid all the taxes. I said yes and asked whether she needs tax papers, she said not required.

Asked me to sign the N-400 application.

Asked me the following civic questions:
* What does the stripes on the flag represent?
* What is July 4th?
* What is the 1st 10 amendments called?
* Who elects the president?
* How long a president is elected for?
* Name one right guaranteed by the constitution?
* Congratulations, you have passed the civics test. Isn't that a piece of cake?

Asked me to a read a sentence printed on a paper and asked me to write "I want to become a citizen of United States" :)

Congratulated again on passing (?!!) the English test ;)

Asked whether I would like to change my name and I said yes. Filled out the court form and said that "I am going to recommend your case for approval". Since with the name change, there is a court ceremony required, I should expect the letter in the email for that.

Asked me whether there are any questions and I asked when should I expect the oath letter, for which she said jokingly that it should be coming in Jan for a oath in Feb, and if not, it should come in Feb for oath in March so on so forth ;)

Wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the useful information!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the NOA with Yellow letter? You had already received the IL, so what additional info does the yellow NOA provide?

The yellow letter requested for the following:
* Birth Certificates of any US born dependent children
* Driver's License

Thanks techpage. Great job. I am adding one other site where we may be able to track down some information in the future for Plano/Collin county. Nothing for right now in the events calendar for 2009. But I am sure it will get updated as and when naturalization ceremonies are scheduled at the Plano centre.

http://www.lwvcollin.org/
http://www.lwvcollin.org/Calendar08-09.htm

Reading some of the old postings looks like USCIS waits till the last minute and then scramble to find a place to host the event. On top of this they don't have a good working relationship with the courts which is delaying the judicial oath ceremonies also. Sad sad sad !!