Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I just had my interview at 7am this morning...
I will have my same day OATH at 14:15 today at the same place.

They seem to be doing the same day OATH again at the N Stemmons location, same place where they conduct interviews....I saw some white curtains covered with stars, small flags and patriotic stuff, they seem to have broken down 5 to 6 window booth(s) the last numbered window booth(s) to the right and placed the curtains there.

I am planning to directly apply for my passport, any recommendations on post offices???

Today is Friday and I will be applying for passport after my 2:15 pm ceremony.
Would it make a difference if I paid the 16.25x2=32.50 and get expedited service although I am applying on a friday just before the weekend??

Thanks

Another thing,
passport service at USPS stops at 4pm??? might not be able to do it.

Did anyone who had OATH at 8101 N Stemmons did or see if they were any desks or quiosks that offered passport applications directly after the ceremony??..

Thanks

Has anybody sent n400 app recently and got Finger Print notice. My PD is of 8/21 but no FP notice yet? How long should it take?

i got money order in the mal-mart ,i think it's "gramm money"-if you have the same company name, there's a phone number of their customer survice-1 800 542 3590.
hope it will help you

Receipting delays

i sent my docs on aug 10 and still the money order has not been cashed.......

USCIS are pretty behind in their receipting of cases due to a backlog of applications. According to their website, (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes082407.pdf) as of August 24 the Texas Service Center were receipting N400 applications received on July 15, so it looks like they are about 5-6 weeks behind. Based on this I would expect your money order will cashed in about 2 weeks.

nhannan,
my originaloath wa april 4th i missed it but sent a letter, the next one was june 14th i missed it and send a letter late to the officer. the third one i got 5 days back..which is for septhember 17th.. dallas convention center... 600 griffin. dallas convention center.i will be there for this one

thanks anmn and jontymorgan for the updates. I found this update which is kind of the same as jontymorgan had. However it seems Texas is the worst affcted in N400 cat and we might have to expect long delays due to this font-log of apps received...........

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

USCIS are pretty behind in their receipting of cases due to a backlog of applications. According to their website, (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes082407.pdf) as of August 24 the Texas Service Center were receipting N400 applications received on July 15, so it looks like they are about 5-6 weeks behind. Based on this I would expect your money order will cashed in about 2 weeks.

Got my PP in mail today

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07 -Oath.
08/22/07-APPLIED FOR PP
09/04/07-Passport received

So was your passport the new E-Passport or the old regular one? what was ur accepting facility?

nhannan,
my originaloath wa april 4th i missed it but sent a letter, the next one was june 14th i missed it and send a letter late to the officer. the third one i got 5 days back..which is for septhember 17th.. dallas convention center... 600 griffin. dallas convention center.i will be there for this one

Thank you for your update!
Good luck!

I am waiting for my oath letter!

Just received my oath date

Letter Mailed Sept 10, 2007
Oath Ceremony - Sept 24, 2007 at 9 am
at the Sterling Hotel, Dallas

I am finally done !!!

I take this opportunity to thank everyone who shared their experiences & timeline along with all the advice I got.

Passport processing is getting pretty fast (I applied expedited at the USPS on Friday sep 7 at 16:45 without paying for expedited courrier of 16.25X2 and got passport back on thu sep 13 at 13:00) most probably same day passport processing as the weekend was in between.

This was my timeline:
- PD 5-24-06
- FP 6-17-6
- ID 6-08-07 (1st interview cancelled as file not received by DO)
- ID 9-07-07 (2nd interview succesfull + same day OATH)
- OD 9-07-07
- passport apply 9-7-07
- passport received 9-13-07

Good luck to all!!

anmn and new N-400 applicants:
Has anybody received app-receipts back or even FP notices recently ?
Also any idea of the impact of this apps related delay in the long run ?

I still haven't received my oath letter, my interview was back in July 6... my officer who interviewed me told me I should get the letter within a month.. well its been almost 3months... should I be worried?