Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

case status dosappear

My case status disappeared on 8/24, but until today still not receive IV letter.

Don't know when I can receive IV letter?

Does anyone know IV letter send from service center or district office?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My case status disappeared on 8/24, but until today still not receive IV letter.

Don't know when I can receive IV letter?

Does anyone know IV letter send from service center or district office?

Thanks

Interview letter is issued by service center

Dora program

Hi :

I got married back in April. My attorney took her sweet time filing my paperwork. Well to make it short, I live in Dallas and she did not file my paperwork thru the Dora program, instead she just mailed it to the Chicago Mailbox. Now I am very upset since my friends told me about this DORA program which is a fast track program. I did my medical, next week I have an appointment for the biometrics/finger printing. When I called my lawyer upset about it she was rude and was like "Why dont u file it online and get the appointment?". She also said it could take 6-7 months for my appointment with an immigration officer. I feel so stupid for listening to her. I called the immigration help number and was advised that I have to withdraw my application and reapply via INFO PASS to get an appointment.

I have no idea what to do. I have scheduled an appointment with another lawyer 3 days from now hoping to find an answer to my problem. I should have had my papers last month had I done the DORA pogram in April.

Gosh, this is so frustration.

Advise, any at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thank u
:mad: :confused:

Did oath at the Sterling hotel at 9:00 AM today. Off to the next step which is passport. Goodluck everybody. My sincere thanks to all of you.

Selective Service

If yours is a normal N400 case (no name change, etc) you will be a U.S Citizen on 10/02 since they are now doing the same day oaths. Congrats. I was stuck in name check too for a few months but all in all it was a very fast process for me.

Hi Asif,

Thanks. Did you have to take a Selective Service letter? I became a permanent resident when I was 29 years old, so it doesn't apply to me, but just checking if you were asked for it? I have requested a name change, so I'll probably not get the oath same day.

Hi Asif,

Thanks. Did you have to take a Selective Service letter? I became a permanent resident when I was 29 years old, so it doesn't apply to me, but just checking if you were asked for it? I have requested a name change, so I'll probably not get the oath same day.

I didn't get one because it didn't apply to me. I was 30 when I became a PR. I wouldn't bother with it if I were you but there are people in here that will seuggest otherwise. To me, the hassle of putting together the copies of supporting docs to get the SS letter (when it wasn't even required) was too much.

I didn't even get the Tax Letter from IRS. I simply took the copies of my Tax returns from 5 years. I am not lazy but honestly a lot of people are over paranoid about the Interview process. Someone suggested to take a pencil with you to the interview for cryin' out loud - thinking that the officer may not have one and you might need it to write down the name on the photographs.

Hello
I went back home for vacation and while I was there I got an oath ceremony letter for Aug 22 at Sterling hotel. I tried to change my ticket but no seats, so I have asked for a new date.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation. If so, when should I expect a new oath ceremony date?
Thank you!

Received PP within a week

Applied on 8/23 Expedited with Overnight both ways
Received PP today 8/31

Chances are that your passport was made at a different processing facility (for example Louisiana) than where the application was received. You would receive the Naturalization Certificate in the coming days via separate mail.

nhannan i had the same problem.. i went on an emergency and i missed oath ceremony.. i wrote 2 letters to the officer who interviewd me, and did one infopass for a reschedule.. however the IO told me it will be rescheduledwithin 90 days. You can do an infopass

Applied on 08/22 expedited without overnight 2 ways
My status changed yesterday

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/04/2007

Hi Everybody,
Folks with recent PDs, please add your info. Here is mine.

App sent = August 20
PD = August 21
FP notice received = ?
When should I expect my FP notice

theghost - thank you!

Have you gotten your oath now? If so, how long did it take?

When was your original oath ceremony?

Got my PP in mail today

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07 -Oath.
08/22/07-APPLIED FOR PP
09/04/07-Passport received

Hey,

Anyone had an interview + oath this week??
I have my interview tomorrow at 7am and hopefully oath at 9am after.
I am over 460 days since the beginning of the process...I was stuck in the golden name check process for a while.