Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

WHAT WHERE YOU TOLD @ THE INFO PASS? DID THEY GIVE YOU A TIMELINE? THE IO SD 2-3 MTHS I GUESS WE SHLD JUST KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR NOW.

Chopworo,
Thanks for the reply. Had been travelling since friday and could not check the forum. The good news is I received the oath letter probably on either Friday or Saturday and the scheduled date is 07/29. So I guess they are speeding up the process and good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Chopworo,
Thanks for the reply. Had been travelling since friday and could not check the forum. The good news is I received the oath letter probably on either Friday or Saturday and the scheduled date is 07/29. So I guess they are speeding up the process and good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

u mean 08/29 ????, well i have info pass tomorrow hopefully i get a good news too, thnx for your reply, i will post an update soon as i have one

Hi.
This is my first post here. I sent my N-400 to TSC on 6/12 and received my receipt on 7/15. I finished FP on 7/24.
But the receipt said that I need to wait 425 days for interview letter.

Do I really need to wait 425 days? Because it's too long for me. Does anyone have the same experience?

I live in New Mexico now. I am really sorry I post here because I cannot find any post about New Mexico in this forum.

Timeline

Hi.
This is my first post here. I sent my N-400 to TSC on 6/12 and received my receipt on 7/15. I finished FP on 7/24.
But the receipt said that I need to wait 425 days for interview letter.

Do I really need to wait 425 days? Because it's too long for me. Does anyone have the same experience?

I live in New Mexico now. I am really sorry I post here because I cannot find any post about New Mexico in this forum.

It will likely be less. My PD was 01/18/07 and oath date was 08/08/07. Receipt 01/26/07 said "You should expect to be notified with 540 days of this notice".

flydog noticed that there was little correlation between the number of days printed in the I-797 and the actual wait time.

The simplest kind of correlation: proportionality.

Which would mean in an ideal world that if the I-797 reads that you should be getting the IL within 100 days, it would come in 100 days. And if it reads 425 days the IL would be coming within 425 days.

The point is that it is not quite the case - some letters mention 900 days and the IL comes after a matter of months. Other letters mention 100 days and a VERY long time elapses before the IL comes.

Granted, by nature the USCIS does not own the whole process, in particular the time required by different agencies to perform the security checks.

To summarize, the number of days on the I-797 is a kind of "best guesstimate", i.e. it somehow indicates what the initial assessment by the USCIS of the time it *should* take to process the application in the best case.

On a positive note, my I-797 mentioned 120 days and... guess what... I got the IL after 115 days from the Priority Date. Quite good "guesstimate" indeed!!! And another good point to the credit of the USCIS is that the Interview is 6 months minus one day from the Priority Date - very much in line with the congressional view that the Naturalization process should require six months.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

Last edited by a moderator:

Which would mean in an ideal world that if the I-797 reads that you should be getting the IL within 100 days, it would come in 100 days. And if it reads 425 days the IL would be coming within 425 days.

The point is that it is not quite the case - some letters mention 900 days and the IL comes after a matter of months. Other letters mention 100 days and a VERY long time elapses before the IL comes.

Granted, by nature the USCIS does not own the whole process, in particular the time required by different agencies to perform the security checks.

To summarize, the number of days on the I-797 is a kind of "best guesstimate", i.e. it somehow indicates what the initial assessment by the USCIS of the time it *should* take to process the application in the best case.

On a positive note, my I-797 mentioned 120 days and... guess what... I got the IL after 115 days from the Priority Date. Quite good "guesstimate" indeed!!! And another good point to the credit of the USCIS is that the Interview is 6 months minus one day from the Priority Date - very much in line with the congressional view that the Naturalization process should require six months.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

Thank you very much. I hope I won't wait for 425 days. ;)

u mean 08/29 ????, well i have info pass tomorrow hopefully i get a good news too, thnx for your reply, i will post an update soon as i have one

oops. I apologize, you are correct, it is 08/29. Goodluck on your infopass and it looks like you too might get it for 08/29.

McMahon,

Did you online case status disappear after you received your IV letter?

----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

The online status is far from perfect - although I remember that it was not a long time ago when no status was available because we were in the ages before the internet. Still, we can consider ourselves blessed that we can see our status on the USCIS website. Some applicants do not see their status online.

Last edited by a moderator:
In I797, my priority date is 6/15, but don't know why my status online is 6/22?

Does anyone have same experience?

Has anyone applied for and got receipt and/or I797 very recently like in August 2007? I submitted N400 for my spouse on 7/17/07 and have not received anything back so far. I used a cashier's check and can not even track that way. It might be because too many folks submitted N400 during end of last month to save some bucks. But I do not know for sure.

Also, what should I do if I missed the receipt and FP notice in mail?

Thanks

Call CIS or schedule an Infopass.

Has anyone applied for and got receipt and/or I797 very recently like in August 2007? I submitted N400 for my spouse on 7/17/07 and have not received anything back so far. I used a cashier's check and can not even track that way. It might be because too many folks submitted N400 during end of last month to save some bucks. But I do not know for sure.

Thanks

USCIS delay

Thanks

As of 08/10/07 TSC processing N400 submitted on 07/11/07
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes081007.pdf

100 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, folks~
I had my interview and the oath ceremony on 8/13 and then went to Houston passport office to get the passport. Can you believe this? It took just 100 days to have the passport snice I submitted N-400 on 5/2/2007.
Thanks!!!