Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hey, folks~
I had my interview and the oath ceremony on 8/13 and then went to Houston passport office to get the passport. Can you believe this? It took just 100 days to have the passport snice I submitted N-400 on 5/2/2007.
Thanks!!!

did u get ur passport same day in houston? how muw and wth did you have to do, did they gv you your cert back also @ the passport office? pls gv me more info on that
thnx

Call Houston passport agency office, and then make your appointment by ARS. If you once made an appointment, you can have your passport on same day. But you must have an airline ticket/receipt to foreign coutry within 14 day. I brought my certificate(citizenship), 2 photos, application form, airline ticket and my creditcard($157). Schedulled at 9am, they held my certificate and then asked me to come to the office at 2:30 pm to pick my passport up.
Of course, they gave me back the certificate with my passport. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Experience Sharing

Still Waiting, does anyone have a similar timeline? I went out of the country 3 times this year for about a week each time. Upon my return, the first 2 times I was taken to a separate room by IO as I was told that my name macthes some one on the terrorist list, so the supervior will have to OK me. Both times the supervisor came down, asked few questions and cleared me. I must say they were very professional, nice and apologetic both times. The third time they cleared me on the spot and they didn't have to call the supervisor. Perhaps they were busy, since many international flights landed almost at the same time.

I believe this is the only reason that I'm stuck in name check, now if the Immigration can allow me to enter the country after verification then why is FBI taking so long? Perhaps they haven't even started the "name check" process. Hopefully, the N400 price hike will improve the process.

I feel your pain. FBI name check process is a black box. Nobody knows how it works internally. However, we all know it's not efficient and, in many situations, waste of money and time.

Unfortunately, there aren't many things you can do besides being patient and making your life more enjoyable. After all, you already got your green card, which is a far more important step for you to stay and work in this country. Good luck!

Still Waiting, does anyone have a similar timeline? I went out of the country 3 times this year for about a week each time. Upon my return, the first 2 times I was taken to a separate room by IO as I was told that my name macthes some one on the terrorist list, so the supervior will have to OK me. Both times the supervisor came down, asked few questions and cleared me. I must say they were very professional, nice and apologetic both times. The third time they cleared me on the spot and they didn't have to call the supervisor. Perhaps they were busy, since many international flights landed almost at the same time.

I believe this is the only reason that I'm stuck in name check, now if the Immigration can allow me to enter the country after verification then why is FBI taking so long? Perhaps they haven't even started the "name check" process. Hopefully, the N400 price hike will improve the process.

Completed OATH today at the Sterling Hotel on Regal Row. Took couple of hours and about 125 people attended the 7 AM session. There is one more at 9 AM and after.

Off to post office to file the PP app.

I Finally Made It

I FINALLY DID MY OATH AT AROUND 10:30AM, APPLIED FOR A US PASSPORT AT DFW AIRPORT POST OFFICE,EXPEDITED WITH A TOTAL COST OF $157.00.

WISH EVERYBODY A SPEEDY PROCESS.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07 -Oath.
08/22/07-APPLIED FOR PP.

Got the oath letter

After a year long process, my wife got her oath letter today.. :cool: . The oath is scheduled for Mon Sep 17th.

expedited passport

I asked for expedited process:
Including USPS passport charge $30 they took $190
Most posts say cost is 157.
Did I pay extra?

Congrats Sessanga And Milk, I Received My Oath Letter Today Scheduled For Sept 17th @ Dallas Convention Center, I Thank You All For Your Prompt Reply To My Post And I Wish Everyone Else Still Waiting Good Luck

I asked for expedited process:
Including USPS passport charge $30 they took $190
Most posts say cost is 157.
Did I pay extra?

I guess not.

The fee goes like this

PP fee $55
Security Fee $12
Post Office Execution Fee $30
Expedite Fee $60
------
Total Fee $157

This is what everyone talking about totally fee as $157

But If you requested a overnight delivery, then the fee shoots upto $16.25 x 2 = $32.50

Which is what you paid ( $157 + $32.50 = $189.50)

Can someone here help me please..

i had oath ceremony scheduled for 4/4/07..unfortunatley due to a family emergency i couldnt attend it.. i send a fedex to the concerned officer and do askign for postponement..
later on i got a letter saying i missed something scheduled for june 14..
then i got an infopass in august 10th and met with and io and he said i will be rescheduled again in 90 days.. and also gave a reciept for that meeting
any idea how the standard procedure works in such cases? anyone with such experiences here? any experts who can help me??

anybody had their interview on July 6, 2007? My officer told me he couldn't schedule me in for July date oath, and most likely he'll fit into Aug date... but I still haven't received the oath letter yet. Just wondering if anyone who had interview done on July 6 gotten their oath letter... I know I could infopass and ask, but I live in North Richland Hills, don't want to make a visit to Dallas to just ask an one question.....

I am going for my interview on Sep 7 at 7AM...
Need some feedback whether same day oath are still being done....
At a a point in time they were being done in the Lobby, is it still the case or only at the Sterling Hotel on Regal Row?!?

Appreciate all feedback

I am going for my interview on Sep 7 at 7AM...
Need some feedback whether same day oath are still being done....
At a a point in time they were being done in the Lobby, is it still the case or only at the Sterling Hotel on Regal Row?!?

Appreciate all feedback

I have my interview tomorrow at 8am so will let you know what my experience is like. I hope I get a same day oath ceremony! :)

================================================== ======
Dallas DO & Texas Service Center
Application made under 319(b) (expedited naturalization based on spouse serving as missionary for a US religous organization overseas)

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
07/10/2007 - IVL notice date
07/17/2007 - IVL received in mail
08/28/2007 - IV date
??/??/2007 - Oath ceremony

JontyMorgan,

Good luck, you should be driving already to your interview...
Will be waiting for your feedback
7am, that is my timing too, hopefully they do interviews that early so you can attend 9am OATH !!

JontyMorgan,

Good luck, you should be driving already to your interview...
Will be waiting for your feedback
7am, that is my timing too, hopefully they do interviews that early so you can attend 9am OATH !!

Thanks. I had my interview today and got approved. However, because of the special provision in law that I applied under (section 319b) I can't have my ceremony until mid-November but I expected that so that's ok. The IO was friendly but to the point.

Same day oath ceremonies are happening in the afternoons. One of the guys I was in the waiting area with said his friend got a same day oath ceremony a few weeks back. Also, on my way out from the interview I noticed three boxes with files in them. One said 'Same day afternoon oath - approved', the next said 'Same day afternoon oath - approved subject to review' and the third was cases for review, oath to be scheduled.

Hope your interview goes well next week.

================================================== ======
Dallas DO & Texas Service Center
Application made under 319(b) (expedited naturalization based on spouse serving as missionary for a US religous organization overseas)

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
07/10/2007 - IVL notice date
07/17/2007 - IVL received in mail
08/28/2007 - IV date - Approved!!
??/??/2007 - Oath ceremony

Finally Got IL

My wife and I both got our Interview Letters today. We are scheduled early in the morning at 7:50AM. :) It took almost a year but I'm happy to move to the next stage.

I am done. Got our passports back in 15 days. Expedited service with no overnight delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I both got our Interview Letters today. We are scheduled early in the morning at 7:50AM. :) It took almost a year but I'm happy to move to the next stage.

If yours is a normal N400 case (no name change, etc) you will be a U.S Citizen on 10/02 since they are now doing the same day oaths. Congrats. I was stuck in name check too for a few months but all in all it was a very fast process for me.