Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Flydog,
How long is it ok to wait for the oath to be scheduled.

My husband went for the interview on april 13th. First officer oked it on may 23rd (not sure what they did for one month) and no info after that. The uscis website says that you can file for judicial review after 120 days - which will finish about aug middle for my husband. Should we file for judicial review ? Ideas anyone ?

I had my interview Jan 26 and the lady who took my interview never forwarded the files! So, I had to write to her (Fed-Ex) and ask her to help in my case! She forwarded the file end of June 07, so I am still waiting for my oath ceremony date!

On the other hand my wife had her interview middle of March and she got her oath June 14!

Timeline in Dallas

.................................Me................Wife
Mailed to TSC.........05/22/2007.....05/22/2007
Received Date........05/24/2007.....05/24/2007
Priority Date...........05/24/2007.....05/24/2007
Check Cashed.........05/29/2007.....05/29/2007
Receipt Notice Date.06/05/2007.....06/05/2007 (with exception for both)
FP Notice Date........06/11/2007.....06/11/2007
FP Date.................07/06/2007.....07/06/2007
Interview Letter......07/25/2007.....07/25/2007
Interview Date.......09/29/2007......09/29/2007
Oath Letter...........XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX
Oath Date.............XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX

As a peace of mind i scheduled an infopass appointment as well for Monday @10:00

I went to Uscis yesterday in Dallas, asked the IO if my case was approved,and i am scheduled for oath.

The IO asked me to wait and i think he went to inquire from his supervisor,came back like in 5 minutes,told me that my case was approved pending Oath schedule.
He handed me a letter that states

Thank you for visiting the Dallas field office today.Our records show that applicant came to this office to inquire status to his N-400 application for naturalization.
He presented his N-652 completed on 06/19/2007.
Applicant was informed that his case is pending oath scheduling.

I asked IO how often they schedule judicial Oaths and when is the next oath date,he answered that right now it all depends on case by case basis,they conduct oaths everyday at the center or any day/days at Plano or Fort Worth
they deem fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview Jan 26 and the lady who took my interview never forwarded the files! So, I had to write to her (Fed-Ex) and ask her to help in my case! She forwarded the file end of June 07, so I am still waiting for my oath ceremony date!

On the other hand my wife had her interview middle of March and she got her oath June 14!

My wife and I also had our interview on Jan 26. My wife took the oath in April. My daugther had her interview scheduled in Mach and requested a reschedule, she then had her interview June 1 and got her letter the same day for the July 16 oath Ceremony.

After 3 Infopass since April, the last IO found that my file got transfered to the central archive (somewhere in the country) without further action and/or explanation!! She requested it back to the DO. The file got back to the Dallas DO June 25 (the IO informed me by mail) and was assigned to a supervisor for oath scheduling. Since April, I engaged my congressman's aide which tracked and confirmed these events. On July 20, the aide called me to inform that I was scheduled to attend the ceremory on September 17.

Last week, I finally received my oath letter: September 17, Dallas Convention Center, 12:30PM.

I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel !!:)

My wife and I also had our interview on Jan 26. My wife took the oath in April. My daugther had her interview scheduled in Mach and requested a reschedule, she then had her interview June 1 and got her letter the same day for the July 16 oath Ceremony.

After 3 Infopass since April, the last IO found that my file got transfered to the central archive (somewhere in the country) without further action and/or explanation!! She requested it back to the DO. The file got back to the Dallas DO June 25 (the IO informed me by mail) and was assigned to a supervisor for oath scheduling. Since April, I engaged my congressman's aide which tracked and confirmed these events. On July 20, the aide called me to inform that I was scheduled to attend the ceremory on September 17.

Last week, I finally received my oath letter: September 17, Dallas Convention Center, 12:30PM.

I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel !!:)

Great to hear about your Sept 17 oath! I have still not received by oath letter but hopefully soon! Should I contact the congressnman as well! If so - can you please send me info on how and who to contact

FYI--

Just had my interview this morning. I have my oath ceremony at 2:00 PM today as well, on the other side of the freeway. The same day ceremonies are cool.

Congrats! Hopefully I will be able to receive my interview letter soon. It has been almost 5 months since I had my finger print done. Your timeline is very encouraging!

Got my Citizenship Certificate today. This same day oath ceremony was much less formal (and less organized) than the one my wife attended in Fort Worth couple weeks ago.

Btw, my time line includes at least 3 months of name check process. So, this wasn't too bad after all.

I will be applying for my parents immigration so I don't have any intention of leaving the board, not yet anyway ;)

Congratulations!! Asif2000

I will have my interview on Aug 13, so I am very glad to hear about the same day oath. Do you think that every body gets the same day oath ceremony now?

Does anyone aside from "fconde" hv oath schedule for sept 17th, looks like its too late to get the aug 8th oath for those of us still waiting

I will have my interview on Aug 13, so I am very glad to hear about the same day oath. Do you think that every body gets the same day oath ceremony now?

I think that if you are not changing your name and if your interview is not too late in the afternoon, you will have the same day oath. I saw ALMOST everybody in the ceremony that I saw at the interview.

I think that if you are not changing your name and if your interview is not too late in the afternoon, you will have the same day oath. I saw ALMOST everybody in the ceremony that I saw at the interview.

Hey ASIF,

Thanks for sharing. Good to know that my long wait most probably will be over since morning interviews are followed by afternoon OATH. I have my interview or I should say my second interview on Sep 7 at 7am , since my june interview was de-scheduled as my file did not reach the DO yet.
Having applied back in may of 2006 is surely a longtime to wait for my interview (sep of 2007)!!! yah yah the name check pending issue.

by the way I am not even sure that they are already open at 7am.:confused:

Any clues, anyone?? do they start interviews so early, I do not want to wait outside till doors are open as I am even planning to be there by 6:40 to 6:45am to escape from morning traffic :mad: .

Thanks to all

Asif2000,

How long after your FP that your online status disappeared?

Thx!

My online status disappeared about a month before I got my interview letter. Most people get the IL in a couple days after the status disappears but I didn't get it. I was worried about it being lost in the mail but when I called the 800 number, I was told that I am still stuck in the name check. I asked him why the status disappeared then and I was told that it was because I am stuck in the name check. Anyway, the long story short, this was a unique situation that I had never before. Usually, when the status disappears, it means that you are DONE DONE with the name check and you would get the IL within a few days.

I am just glad that its over for me.

I Finally Got The Oath Letter

I finally got the oath letter yesterday in the mail posted on July 31 stating as follows:

You are hereby notified to appear for a Naturalization ceremony on:

Wednesday,August 22 2007

US CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES
1055 REGAL ROW
DALLAS,TX 75247
STERLING HOTEL DALLAS,NONE,NONE

Please report promptly at 9:00 AM

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07-OATH DATE.

I finally got the oath letter yesterday in the mail posted on July 31 stating as follows:

Wednesday,August 22 2007

1055 REGAL ROW
DALLAS,TX 75247

02/09/07 - RD/PD
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07-OATH DATE.

GOOD LUCK SESSANGA, I GUESS YOU WILL BE TAKING OATH WITH SOME SAME DAY PEOPLE, THATS A GOOD DEVELOPMENT,ATLEAST THEY WILL CATCH UP WTH BACKLOG LIKE THAT,

GOOD LUCK SESSANGA, I GUESS YOU WILL BE TAKING OATH WITH SOME SAME DAY PEOPLE, THATS A GOOD DEVELOPMENT,ATLEAST THEY WILL CATCH UP WTH BACKLOG LIKE THAT,
Thank you,
I think that's exactly what they are trying to do,

This is the sign that they are playing catch up by conducting Oaths anywhere and whenever possible.

Ditto here.

Got the oath letter today for 8/22 7:00 AM. Rest is same as Sessanga

Wednesday,August 22 2007

1055 REGAL ROW
DALLAS,TX 75247

02/09/07 - RD/PD
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07-OATH DATE.

Judicial Cermony

Any idea when the next Judicial cermony in Fort Worth will be held? Is there a site that provides this information.

Thanks