Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I had my N-400 Interview on July 5th. I took an infopass appt today (7/26) to find out about the oath date.

The lady told me that my oath is scheduled for 9/17 and they have already mailed the letter.

I had my interview on 06/22 and still waiting for the oath letter. Today my wife had her interview at noon and they did the oath right away at 2:15 PM. Also they had another cermony at 1:00PM. There were bunch of people in both. I had my documents handy and saw my IO at the ceremony and enquired about mine. He took me to the office and explained they had started doing the same day ceremony starting 06/26th. I wish I had my interview a week later. Now on mine it is back to waiting, sigh. :eek:

Did the IO give any more information on the same day oaths? He said that it started on 6/26 but I noticed that mxb100's interview was on 7/5 and was told to wait for a letter. Where did your wife's ceremony take place? May be only those who would have been eligible to receive an oath letter on the same day (e.g. doesn't need to be reviewed by a senior officer) get given a same day oath.

================================================== ======
Dallas DO & Texas Service Center
Application made under 319(b) (expedited naturalization based on spouse serving as missionary for a US religous organization overseas)

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
07/10/2007 - IVL notice date
07/17/2007 - IVL received in mail
08/28/2007 - IV date

Did the IO give any more information on the same day oaths? He said that it started on 6/26 but I noticed that mxb100's interview was on 7/5 and was told to wait for a letter. Where did your wife's ceremony take place? May be only those who would have been eligible to receive an oath letter on the same day (e.g. doesn't need to be reviewed by a senior officer) get given a same day oath.

Application made under 319(b) (expedited naturalization based on spouse serving as missionary for a US religous organization overseas)

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
08/28/2007 - IV date

sailakfan
did the io tell you there is one in september? if yes what date?

The IO did not give me any specific date and I too wondered about mxb100's situation. So there is no standard and I do not think and hope the application had to be reviewed after passing the interview. Anyway back to waiting guys/gals. Good luck

03/30/2007 - RD/PD
04/11/2007 - FP notice
05/01/2007 - FP done
08/28/2007 - IV date

I think they are sending out the oath letter randomly and not in any order. Also the June 26th date the IO gave me might not be true since Asitel's wife had the interview on 06/28 and did not had the same day ceremony. Let us wait and see.

As you all can see, I am becoming little restless. I had waited over 15 years patiently and at the end of the journey I am lbecoming little impatient. I have plans to travel at the end of the year and would like to get it over with. Could somebody post how to do the infopass please? Thank you

I think they are sending out the oath letter randomly and not in any order. Also the June 26th date the IO gave me might not be true since Asitel's wife had the interview on 06/28 and did not had the same day ceremony. Let us wait and see.

I don't know. My spouse did witness the same day oath on 06/28 done for other people. Our guess is that the only reason she did not get to do it because her interview happened quite late in the day. Her appointment was for sometime around 2:00pm but she did not get called up until almost 4:00pm (which was quite frustrating and was probably caused by the same day oath distracting IOs). The oath occurred sometime between 2:00pm and 3:00pm as my spouse recalls. So, it appears that she was just unlucky to get an interview near the end of the day.

Actually I think there was a bigger reason for my spouse not to get same day oath. She (and I do too) is changing her middle name. So she could not have attended the same day oath that I think must be an administrative oath ceremony. Those changing their names can only get naturalized on judicial oath ceremony.

As you all can see, I am becoming little restless. I had waited over 15 years patiently and at the end of the journey I am lbecoming little impatient. I have plans to travel at the end of the year and would like to get it over with. Could somebody post how to do the infopass please? Thank you

At this time there shouldn`t be any cause of alarm,I had my interview on 06/19/07 haven`t got oath letter.

I have a trip overseas in December and i projected my oath date will be between September and October,again you can be concerned but not alarmed.

Wish you luck and everybody patiently waiting for this last crucial stage.

Went to see an IO today with InfoPass Appt.

Not much. Oath is not scheduled yet. She doesn't know when it will be scheduled. When asked when is the next Oath date, she said..it is right at 2PM today (I guess, same day oath ceremony)..she mentioned that they are doing oaths every day). When she looked at the system,all she can tell is that the citizenship has been approved. Thats all.

If they can do same day oath ceremony, why can't they call the previously approved cases? Why a person that had the interview 3 weeks later, gets the oath letter first? Each Officer gives a different reason.

What a totally screwed up system!! Reminds me of Government Agencies back home. No difference.

Actually, it's probably even worse now (for you) than it would have been before they started doing same day oaths. In the past, everyone had to go to a scheduled oath ceremony, so they were scheduled frequently. With same day oaths, the pressure to schedule the ceremonies is much less, so they will probably happen less frequently.

It sucks, but I believe that "it suck" rhymes with USCIS.

Actually, it's probably even worse now (for you) than it would have been before they started doing same day oaths. In the past, everyone had to go to a scheduled oath ceremony, so they were scheduled frequently. With same day oaths, the pressure to schedule the ceremonies is much less, so they will probably happen less frequently.

It sucks, but I believe that "it suck" rhymes with USCIS.

They will still need to schedule judicial ceremonies for those wanting name changes (I am assuming that all the same day ceremonies are all non-judicial). Let's hope these don't become less frequent than before. I guess the worst it could ever be is every 120 days (but that definitely would suck!).

At this time there shouldn`t be any cause of alarm,I had my interview on 06/19/07 haven`t got oath letter.

I have a trip overseas in December and i projected my oath date will be between September and October,again you can be concerned but not alarmed.

Wish you luck and everybody patiently waiting for this last crucial stage.

Sessanga,
Thank you very much. I have an infopass scheduled for next monday and will keep you all updated. Also MissMolina's expedited passport process is encouraging, so I am going to just wait and see. Good luck to you too.

Also thanks to Asitel.

Hi everyone,

My case has been pending since May 2006.
After a a few phone calls to the USCIS, i was sent a letter from my service center:
- Letter DATED 7/23 that says: "after your phone inquiry on 7/6, this is the status request on your file, your file will be transfered to DALLAS OFFICE, when office has interview schedule, you will be notified by mail of your appointement"

Then I received an interview letter today that was mailed on 7/26 from the DALLAS DO just 3 days after the above letter.
- It is my 2nd interview letter for 09/07 at 7am.
So I am not sure if my many phone calls during the last few weeks put my file back on track, noting that my first de-scheduled interview was on 06/08 (it took 3 month for my 2nd!!!)
All I hope is that my file will be in the DO this time unlike my first interview in june.

And also hoping I will be lucky as well, like the many out there having their Oath the same day. Maybe might be given consideration for my long delayed case.

Sessanga,
Thank you very much. I have an infopass scheduled for next monday and will keep you all updated. Also MissMolina's expedited passport process is encouraging, so I am going to just wait and see. Good luck to you too.

Also thanks to Asitel.

As a peace of mind i scheduled an infopass appointment as well for Monday @10:00

Timeline in Dallas

03/23/07 - RD/PD
04/15/07 - FP done
05/20/07 - Interview notice received
07/23/07 - Interview completed at 12pm
07/23/07 - Oath in the same office at 2.15pm. Certificate provided.:)
07/27/07 - Applied for passport using expedited service at post office.

I was surprised that the whole process took ~4 months. And even more surprised that the oath was administered on the same day in Dallas. I think this is a better model. They are doing two oaths - 12pm and 2.15pm everyday. This way they clear out applicants soon.

Hello Folks. I am new here.

I sent in my application in July. It was received July 12th. Still have not heard anything back and the checks have not cleared either. I hear the USCIS is backed-up.

Does anyone know if there is a certain date by when they have to acknowledge receipt or provide priority date? Thanks.

If you do not get the receipt notice within 30 days, you can call the 800 number and track your application by your A#.

They will be able to tell you whether receipt notice is sent, fingerprint notice is sent etc.

I just checked this thread after a while and I am pleasantly surprised to see the news about the same day oaths.

I have my interview on Thursday this week (8/2/07). Should I be expecting oath that day? That would be great. My wife (who got her certificate on 7/16) and I can apply for the passport at the same time.