Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

One more oath letter rec'd for 4-4 in Garland at 11am. I rec'd mine y'day (15th), but my wife's did not come through yet. Don't remember my PD (but it is sometime at the end of Aug - same for both me and my wife till interview).
FP-9/23
IV-1/29
Do you guys know how long it takes to get the formalities done as far as the oath ceremony - Is it a whole day affair? BTW, I live in Plano.
:)
Okay guys please help me here. I have read this forum in the past few months and have found it soo useful.

My question/issue is this:
My husband and I had our interviews on Feb 12, 2007 and we were approved and told we would get our oath letters for the April 4th ceremony. He has received his oath letter-this past Friday. I have not yet received mine. I notice a lot of you got your letters but some have mentioned that their wives have not yet.

What do I do-do I call them up to find out or can I take an infopass appointment to find out what the status is or should I wait a few more days before I do that. Are we allowed to even inquire about the case before 120 days are up? Any suggestions -please help.

Another question: I got my first speeding ticket ever after the interview and I paid it-got a receipt. My IO had jokingly (I thought) said at the interview try not to get a speeding ticket. Could this have resulted in my not getting the letter? From what I have read in this and several other forums-it should not but I am still worried.

Please help.
Thanks

Here's what I would do: Schedule an Infopass appointment to hear first hand what they have to say. Since your husband has pretty much the same time-line, you have a genuine right to inquire about the hold-up. Calling the 800 number is a waste of time. I tried that and they said that that since N-400 is at the local office level they do not have current information after the interview is scheduled, and the best way to get current status information is through Infopass. And, don't sweat about your speeding ticket.

Btw, I passed my interview on 3/5 and am waiting for the oath letter. Hoping for the 4/10 ceremony in Arlington since 4/4 Garland didn't come through for me. We may see a bunch of oath letters this week too...

Here's what I would do: Schedule an Infopass appointment to hear first hand what they have to say. Since your husband has pretty much the same time-line, you have a genuine right to inquire about the hold-up. Calling the 800 number is a waste of time. I tried that and they said that that since N-400 is at the local office level they do not have current information after the interview is scheduled, and the best way to get current status information is through Infopass. And, don't sweat about your speeding ticket.

Btw, I passed my interview on 3/5 and am waiting for the oath letter. Hoping for the 4/10 ceremony in Arlington since 4/4 Garland didn't come through for me. We may see a bunch of oath letters this week too...

Jim Bean
Thanks. I think I will wait till Thursday this week and schedule an infopass if I do not receive a letter. Do you know if there is a rule about waiting the mandatory 120 days before a decision is made to contact them? It says at the bottom of the interview approval letter that it takes a 120 days before decision is made. Am a little confused. If they approved the interview and told me I passed and just wait for the letter, is there a final approval process/screening process prior to sending me the oath letter? Or am I over thinking it? Thanks again.

You can schedule an Infopass and later cancel it. Typically an InfoPass is one or two weeks away. So you might as well do it now (though I would expect that you'll get something in the mail very soon.

The earliest Infopass date may be available only a couple of weeks later. You do not have to wait 120 days to inquire, specially in your case you can say that you would like to take the oath with your husband. Check out previous posts of folks inquiring before 120 days. To the extent that I know about the law, USCIS needs to administer the oath within 120 days of the interview; that does not prevent you from inquiring about the status in the interim. Before May '06 they scheduled interviews before the background check was completed and final approval could be granted only after these checks were completed. However, this is no longer the case - specially with the Dallas DO; they schedule interviews only after all checks are done. The wording may be a legacy from older days. Also, there may be situations where the supervisor needs to approve the application if a junior ranking officer conducted the interview. However, judging from latest trends, after May '06 passing interview has always resulted in a oath ceremony being scheduled for within 1-4 months. Rest easy and get accurate information about your case using Infopass.

Jim Bean
Thanks. I think I will wait till Thursday this week and schedule an infopass if I do not receive a letter. Do you know if there is a rule about waiting the mandatory 120 days before a decision is made to contact them? It says at the bottom of the interview approval letter that it takes a 120 days before decision is made. Am a little confused. If they approved the interview and told me I passed and just wait for the letter, is there a final approval process/screening process prior to sending me the oath letter? Or am I over thinking it? Thanks again.

The earliest Infopass date may be available only a couple of weeks later. You do not have to wait 120 days to inquire, specially in your case you can say that you would like to take the oath with your husband. Check out previous posts of folks inquiring before 120 days. To the extent that I know about the law, USCIS needs to administer the oath within 120 days of the interview; that does not prevent you from inquiring about the status in the interim. Before May '06 they scheduled interviews before the background check was completed and final approval could be granted only after these checks were completed. However, this is no longer the case - specially with the Dallas DO; they schedule interviews only after all checks are done. The wording may be a legacy from older days. Also, there may be situations where the supervisor needs to approve the application if a junior ranking officer conducted the interview. However, judging from latest trends, after May '06 passing interview has always resulted in a oath ceremony being scheduled for within 1-4 months. Rest easy and get accurate information about your case using Infopass.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Will keep you posted. :)

Oath letter not rec'd

Skayla - here is some info.

My wife has not rec'd her oath letter yet. Y'day she called 800# and they transferred to an escalated rep - because the one she was talking to, could not find the info. The other person said it has been mailed, but she said the address was Dallas, although our address is in Plano. They also said that she could either make an appt (through Infopass) and talk to the IO and get a inv letter from there as they are the ones who send out. The other option she suggested was that she go to the ceremony as her name is already there, but she was not sure if they would admit her or not.

My wife y'day scheduled her appt on Infopass to talk to IO. She had the options of interview dates of y'day or Thursday. She scheduled it for Thu, so that she can take all the necessary paperwork. BTW, it is the office on Stemmons Fwy.

You might be able to get some dates this week or early next (I remember my wife mentioning some dates available next week). Good luck on yours.

The journey continues.
:D

oath letter received

Wife's info

PD 8/29/06
FP 9/21/06
IV date 1/26/07
Oath 4/4/07 garland 11am

I am still waiting for interview.
called 800 number, I was told to do infopass or call after the processing times for dallas reach 8/29/06. currently on 8/11/06.

b

Wife's info

PD 8/29/06
FP 9/21/06
IV date 1/26/07
Oath 4/4/07 garland 11am

I am still waiting for interview.
called 800 number, I was told to do infopass or call after the processing times for dallas reach 8/29/06. currently on 8/11/06.

b
dallasendo,
Did your online status still show "pending at tsc" ?
What about your wife's online status?

Make an infopass and politely as the IO about your BC/NC status. Goodluck!

Thanks sailakfan,

Wow! interesting stuff. Wasn't aware of the fee hike and surge in apps...... have the new fees gone into effect already?

mario123,
You are welcome and as far as I know the fee hike have not gone into effect and from the posts I assume it is going to be sometime this summer.

Anybody?

Since no one seems to be posting on the San Antonio/Austin threads, I figured I'd come here for a while since you are my step brothers/sisters :) from the TSC and this thread sees a lot more action:

For those of you who are waiting for oath, what's your take on the Supervisor check after you have passed the int? I was told by my IO (and have heard others here say the same) that all cases go to a supervisor to get checked for final approval even if you get the check box checked on the N-652 that says "Congratulations! You have been recommended for approval....". I guess I am a little concerned because we have not heard back from them since our interviews and cannot understand why it's taking them this long to get back to us since there are oaths in SA every month!! Also, during my int., I asked the IO to see if she could request that my wife and I have the same oath dates and so she put a little yellow sticky on my file with my wife's A# and something in her handwriting (supposedly about scheduling the same oath dates). Could this screw up our case in any way? I guess with USCIS, you never know.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

I have received my oath letter on March 16. However, My wife still hasn't received hers yet as the others posted. Does anyone know the Oath Ceremony on April 4 is Adminstrative or Judicial since my wife change her first name?

Thanks. This is very helpful. I will set up an infopass appt tonight. Maybe I will get one for next week before the APril 4th date.

Thanks Rama Bashyam, Jimbean and Flydog!

My wife has not rec'd her oath letter yet. Y'day she called 800# and they transferred to an escalated rep - because the one she was talking to, could not find the info. The other person said it has been mailed, but she said the address was Dallas, although our address is in Plano. They also said that she could either make an appt (through Infopass) and talk to the IO and get a inv letter from there as they are the ones who send out. The other option she suggested was that she go to the ceremony as her name is already there, but she was not sure if they would admit her or not.

My wife y'day scheduled her appt on Infopass to talk to IO. She had the options of interview dates of y'day or Thursday. She scheduled it for Thu, so that she can take all the necessary paperwork. BTW, it is the office on Stemmons Fwy.

You might be able to get some dates this week or early next (I remember my wife mentioning some dates available next week). Good luck on yours.

The journey continues.
Thanks. This is very helpful. I will set up an infopass appt tonight. Maybe I will get one for next week before the APril 4th date.

Thanks Rama Bashyam, Jimbean and Flydog!

Plano_resident,

I got my Oath letter on Mar 15th, where as my wife only got it yesterday. We have different last names, that could be one reason. Keep your hopes alive, your wife might get it in a couple of days.

Also, during my int., I asked the IO to see if she could request that my wife and I have the same oath dates and so she put a little yellow sticky on my file with my wife's A# and something in her handwriting (supposedly about scheduling the same oath dates). Could this screw up our case in any way?
If the sticky forces your app out of the "ok to schedule" pile into the "other" pile, well, welcome to the other pile.

It's best to always keep on the fast track.

Plano_resident,

I got my Oath letter on Mar 15th, where as my wife only got it yesterday. We have different last names, that could be one reason. Keep your hopes alive, your wife might get it in a couple of days.
yes I too requested the same date as my husband and got a "sticky" put on my file too. So much for that. Plus I too have a different last name.

The journey continues.

I just scheduled an appointment. The earliest date available was April 3rd. so I took that. Nothing was available for next week. Was thinking of calling the 800 number to see if I was at least scheduled for the 4th of April and perhaps my letter got sent somewhere else by mistake like your wife's. Given that my infopass is the day before the ceremony, if it was scheduled and the letter got lost, perhaps they could reissue the letter. Which 800 number did you call? Is it on the USCIS website? Do keep us posted on what happened with your wife's infopass.

Perhaps I am over thinking this whole thing but I just hate it when things don't go according to plan!!!:)

does writing the IO help any? Would it work? Afterall, it says it right there at the bottom of the N-652 - "send any questions about this appl. in writing to the officer named above..." But ofcourse it doesn't give the address of the DO !! At any rate, I know the DO addr. Just wondering if I should take them up on their word and write the IO directly...