Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I just scheduled an appointment. The earliest date available was April 3rd. so I took that. Nothing was available for next week. Was thinking of calling the 800 number to see if I was at least scheduled for the 4th of April and perhaps my letter got sent somewhere else by mistake like your wife's. Given that my infopass is the day before the ceremony, if it was scheduled and the letter got lost, perhaps they could reissue the letter. Which 800 number did you call? Is it on the USCIS website? Do keep us posted on what happened with your wife's infopass.

Perhaps I am over thinking this whole thing but I just hate it when things don't go according to plan!!!:)

This is what I asked her to use. There is a great website called gethuman.com which gives all the tricks to talk to a live person when calling the 800 #'s/organizations etc.

800-375-5283 Select language; press 2; press 4; at prompt press 0.

Atleast they would be able to tell you that if it has been mailed etc and if it has been mailed, ask them what options you have (obviously they will give you the option for setting up an appt). BTW, my wife does have a different last name and I will updated tomorrow after the Infopass. Good luck.

This is what I asked her to use. There is a great website called gethuman.com which gives all the tricks to talk to a live person when calling the 800 #'s/organizations etc.

Atleast they would be able to tell you that if it has been mailed etc and if it has been mailed, ask them what options you have (obviously they will give you the option for setting up an appt). BTW, my wife does have a different last name and I will updated tomorrow after the Infopass. Good luck.

Rama,
Thanks sooo much. Your tips worked. I got to speak to an officer who told me the oath letter had mailed on March 13th for oath on April 4 in Garland at 11:00. She said I could go there directly and there are officers there who deal with cases such as this where the letter got lost in the mail and or people lost their letter, She said my name was in the sytem for the certificate so it should not be a problem. I also told her that I had an appointment (infopass) on April 3rd-so they should be able to give me a duplicate letter since I was in the system.

I cannot thank you all enough for all your help. If I had not been part of this forum and followed your advice with all of the above, I would not have had a clue.
I look forward to hearing about your wife's infopass and whether they give her a duplicate letter. Is it not wierd that the same thing happened to two people. I wonder if her address and mine got switched around! Anyhow all's good I think. Now I will not rest till it's all over.

Rama.
Just FYI, I got through to the 800 number using your tips and they told me I was scheduled for the APril 4 ceremony. Well I got home and found my oath letter in the mail. It was dated March 13 but was posted only on March 20th. So I have cancelled my appointment. Perhaps your wife will still get it in the mail today or else I guess she can get a duplicate copy at her infopass tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help. This forum has been great. So there is still hope out there for those waiting for their oath letters on the 4th. Apparently they are still being mailed.

Now for the last step!:)

My wife & I got our Oath letter on March 16th for the Oath Ceremony on April 10th in Arlington. I am a Plano resident and my wife is changing her last name.

I'm getting really frustrated! I have called the 800# a gizillion times and the ONLY status they can give me is that my case was recd. on 8/4/2006 and is still pending!! I keep telling them that that is OLD info. and that my wife and I have already passed our interviews (duh!!).............. but still, it's like talking to a robot: "sorry sir, that's all the infomation we have at this time, blah blah blah....". It's simply driving me NUTS!

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
reply to missmolina

dallasendo,
Did your online status still show "pending at tsc" ?
What about your wife's online status?

Make an infopass and politely as the IO about your BC/NC status. Goodluck!

thanks for the info.
both my wife's and my case status online says that it is still pending at tsc.
presumably BC/NC is background check/name check.

b

thanks for the info.
both my wife's and my case status online says that it is still pending at tsc.
presumably BC/NC is background check/name check.

b
I guess the online status really is mis-leading for-sure.
When I spoke to an IO, she mentioned, if your online-status is resulting in an error, it means your file is at the DO and you should get an IL soon. I guess that can be tossed out of the window now.

Your best bet is to take an infopass and ask the IO to check to make sure you are not stuct in BC/NC. The IO has to open up a different application to look at that information. 1st level of information will say, its pending at TSC, but you have to be polite to get the other information, they have access to that information.
Goodluck!

Mario123,
You might want to try what Rama Bhashyam suggested:
800-375-5283 Select language; press 2; press 4; at prompt press 0. You will get a live person. Then do what I did-say you had your interview on X date and was worried the oath letter may be lost in the mail. She will then transfer you to an officer who will check teh list of ceremonies in your area and can tell you which one you have been scheduled for:

This worked for me yesterday and then I went home and found the oath letter in the mail. They just took longer to mail it.

Mario123,
800-375-5283 Select language; press 2; press 4; at prompt press 0. You will get a live person. Then do what I did-say you had your interview on X date and was worried the oath letter may be lost in the mail. She will then transfer you to an officer who will check teh list of ceremonies in your area and can tell you which one you have been scheduled for:

This worked for me yesterday and then I went home and found the oath letter in the mail. They just took longer to mail it.

WOW! I tried that exact same thing the last 6-7 times but each time I get told the same nonsense! Let me try that little tid bit about saying "the letter could have been lost":rolleyes:

Mario123,

Okay - I just got off the phone and was told the same thing: "It's not been 90 days since last action. You have to wait 90 days. Even if you are recommended for approval, the case has to still go through a final approval process."

So now, I am AMAZED at how some of you here are able to get more info about your case! Could it just be that my case does not fit the bill? The rep. also told me that they have no more info. and all case specific info is at the DO and they are unable to access specific case info. She then went on to tell me that the only way to get more info is to do an infopass or wait 90 days

I'm getting really frustrated! I have called the 800# a gizillion times and the ONLY status they can give me is that my case was recd. on 8/4/2006 and is still pending!! I keep telling them that that is OLD info. and that my wife and I have already passed our interviews (duh!!).............. but still, it's like talking to a robot: "sorry sir, that's all the infomation we have at this time, blah blah blah....". It's simply driving me NUTS!

Anyone have any bright ideas?

From what I can tell...

The folks on the 800 number (and who maintain the case status site) have very little visibility as to what happens at the DO. They know when the interview letter goes out and when it is scheduled (since that requires an NOA that goes through the system), but then they don't know anything until the next NOA is issued (i.e. the oath letter). They can "make a request" of the DO for other information, but that is a somewhat manual process, so they don't do that until the 90 days have happened.

So, even though the information you are getting is useless, the folks on the other hand are being honestly stupid - there's nothing else they can tell you.

Once your processing moves to the DO, (other than finding out that your oath letter was issued) the only way to get info is via InfoPass (as far as I can tell).

Luckily, my office is about 5-10 minutes from the USCIS office on Stemmons - I got to know the InfoPass process very well when my application was in the "screwed-up by the DO" stage.

Skayla - here is some info.

My wife has not rec'd her oath letter yet. Y'day she called 800# and they transferred to an escalated rep - because the one she was talking to, could not find the info. The other person said it has been mailed, but she said the address was Dallas, although our address is in Plano. They also said that she could either make an appt (through Infopass) and talk to the IO and get a inv letter from there as they are the ones who send out. The other option she suggested was that she go to the ceremony as her name is already there, but she was not sure if they would admit her or not.

My wife y'day scheduled her appt on Infopass to talk to IO. She had the options of interview dates of y'day or Thursday. She scheduled it for Thu, so that she can take all the necessary paperwork. BTW, it is the office on Stemmons Fwy.

You might be able to get some dates this week or early next (I remember my wife mentioning some dates available next week). Good luck on yours.

The journey continues.
:D

Hope it worked out fine for your wife yesterday and she got her oath letter.

Hey WaitingforC-

As you know, my timelines are almost identical to yours. No sign of the oath letter yet. Was hoping for 4/4 or 4/10 ceremonies. Probably will not make it. Do you know if there is anything earlier than the June 20th ceremony at Dallas CC? Should be one in Plano in May, I think. USCIS sure knows how to try your patience...

PD: July 31st 2006
FP: Aug 23rd 2006
IL received: Nov 29th 2006
IV: Jan 17th 2007 (rescheduled due to bad weather)
2nd IV on: March 5th 2007 (passed)
Oath: ?????

Has anyone with Interview Date in March received their Oath letter?

My timelines...

PD: July 28th 2006
ND: Aug 3rd 2006
IL received: Nov 30th 2006
Second IV received: Jan 27th 2007
IV on: March 1st 2007

Hi JimBean,

You got that right, they (USCIS) sure know how to test your patience.... At some point on this thread, I read that there is a Oath ceremony in May. I hope I can make it to that.....

My timelines...

PD: July 28th 2006
ND: Aug 3rd 2006
IL received: Nov 30th 2006
Second IV received: Jan 27th 2007
IV on: March 1st 2007

Hope it worked out fine for your wife yesterday and she got her oath letter.

Well not yet. She went y'day and the IO said there was an error in zipcode and they corrected it and they said they would resend it and suggested make an Infopass appt on 30th (they would give the letter then if not rec'd). They did not have an appt till 3rd.

The wait continues...:D

Waiting

I am waiting for my oath date also, i spoke to an officer today who told me it was too early for a oath letter seeing that my interview was on 02/26/07.... does anyone know of any oath ceremony date other that April 4th and April 10th..... is there another one in April or early may

Thanks

I am waiting for my oath date also, i spoke to an officer today who told me it was too early for a oath letter seeing that my interview was on 02/26/07.... does anyone know of any oath ceremony date other that April 4th and April 10th..... is there another one in April or early may

Thanks