Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

No IL yet, Anyone ?

My Timeline
PD Oct 24, 2006
FP Nov 04, 2006
IL: ???

I have not gotten any IL yet? Anyone with similar timelines? I have started getting worried. I wish to get my Citizenship soon so that my spouse can join me

Infopass update - NC !

I had an infopass today and spoke to a nice lady (IO).
She pulled up my case and said the application is at the TSC. Then I said, can you check on my security-check status. She pulled-up another application and checked the status.
:D She had a smile on her face when she told me all my security checks (including FP and NC) are complete and I am in the queue to get the IL (this will depend on the Dallas DO load/bandwidth).
She also mentioned, I am all set to get the IL and will pass the same day if things go well with the other tests and should get oath letter for the next oath ceremony.
She was even polite enough to tell me, many people get stuck in NC and she was very happy for me as that was cleared already.
She guestimated about 3 weeks from now to get the IL, I am not sure about this though, but I am happy everything else is cleared-up and I am all set to WAIT for the IL ( haha...)

Hope this information helps you with your WAIT...j/k

Just got back from Infopass....GREATE NEWS was deliverd at the counter. I'm all set for April, 04 ceremony in Garland (I live in collin county). I was told, I should be getting oath letter VERY soon. WHAT A RELIEF..:) :) :)

Address of the ceremony is:
Garland Independent School District Special Events Center, 4999 Naaman Forest Boulevard, Garland, Texas

I got my oath letter today in the mail.
Thanks to all of you who share your info. This is a great forum which helped me during GC and now in Citizenship.

PD=Oct-14-06
FP=Nov-8-06
IL=Dec-15-06
IV= Feb-14-07
Oath= April-04-07 (Garland)

Fp Completed

Did FP today,it took but 30 minutes awesome. 02/07/07 mailed N-400 application
02/09/07 Express mail dlvrd to TSC after first attempt failed on 02/08(USPS) 02/09/07 Receipt date
02/09/07 priority date 02/23/07 received NOA showing fee rcvd $400.00 money order.
02/28/07 FP notice
03/15/07 FP completed
IL??

Got my oath letter today. Venue is Garland ISD Special Ctr.
Appreciate the help rendered on this board.

My timeline:

08/05/06 - N-400 mailed for processing
08/15/06 - Receipt date
08/15/06 - Priority date
08/20/06 - Receipt notice received in mail
08/30/06 - FP notice received in mail
09/10/06 - FP done
12/22/06 - IV Received
02/23/07 - IV Scheduled & Passed
04/04/07 - Oath@Garland ISD

Recieved Oath letter

I Recieved my oath letter today, for Apr 04, in Garland. I had my interview on Dec 04, 2006. So everyone else who may be waiting for thier oath letters, may recieve theirs by end of this week!

Oath letter rec'd

One more oath letter rec'd for 4-4 in Garland at 11am. I rec'd mine y'day (15th), but my wife's did not come through yet. Don't remember my PD (but it is sometime at the end of Aug - same for both me and my wife till interview).
FP-9/23
IV-1/29
Do you guys know how long it takes to get the formalities done as far as the oath ceremony - Is it a whole day affair? BTW, I live in Plano.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my oath letter for 4/4 @ Garland too...but my wife's still hasn't come in yet..hoping she too makes it to this..but my time says 12 PM. PD is July 20th for me and 19 th for her.

Per my understanding, the actual ceremony will be 2 hours, but lots of time will be spent in lines. We are not planning to apply for passport on the same day itself, I was told that line is huge (I work very close to a post office that accepts passports). Same with voter registration (no elections that interest me any time soon). Only thing I will be tempted to do is apply for new SSN, if they are represented there. This is the only office that is not accessible to where we both work.

s_a_kumar.

One more oath letter rec'd for 4-4 in Garland at 11am. I rec'd mine y'day (15th), but my wife's did not come through yet. Don't remember my PD (but it is sometime at the end of Aug - same for both me and my wife till interview).
FP-9/23
IV-1/29
Do you guys know how long it takes to get the formalities done as far as the oath ceremony - Is it a whole day affair? BTW, I live in Plano.
:)

Don't show up to the oath early, show up on time. You'll wait maybe a half hour in a line, and then they'll seat you. If you look at the program they hand you, you will find out that the 11 am oath they invited you to is actually scheduled for noon or 12:30.

So, you sit around and wait.

When my wife's ceremony ended (convention center downtown), they were quite organized and handed out the certificates quickly. In mine, they lined us up one more time - it took another 20-30 minutes.

Oath date

Hi All
I got my oath letter yesterday. This is scheduled for 4/4 at Garland. The time indicated is 11 AM. From what I am reading, looks like I should arrive there no earlier than 11 AM. Is that correct?

PD 9/20
FP Done 10/13
IL 12/14
ID 2/14
OL 3/16
OD 4/4

Thanks

For those of you who had the interview recently, what documents were you asked?
my interview is coming up friday.

thanks

FYI- My wife too got her oath letter on 3/16 for 4/4/07 oath @ Garland for 11 am.. so far I am the only one who has 12 pm time for reporting..

Hoping to complete this saga of immigration on 4.4.07

s_a_kumar

Consolidated timeline

Mine:
RD - July 20 2006
PD - July 20 2006
FP Notice Date - July 27 2006
FP Date 8/11/2006
IV letter rcd 11/29/06
IV Date 1/30/07
Oath Letter Recd : 3/15/07
Oath : 04/04/07 @Garland

Wife's

RD - July 19 2006
PD - July 19 2006
FP Notice Date - July 27 2006
FP Date 8/11/2006
IV letter rcd 11/29/06
IV Date - 1/26/07
Oath Letter Recd : 3/16/07
Oath : 04/04/07 @Garland

I received my oath letter for 4/4 @ Garland too...but my wife's still hasn't come in yet..hoping she too makes it to this..but my time says 12 PM. PD is July 20th for me and 19 th for her.

Per my understanding, the actual ceremony will be 2 hours, but lots of time will be spent in lines. We are not planning to apply for passport on the same day itself, I was told that line is huge (I work very close to a post office that accepts passports). Same with voter registration (no elections that interest me any time soon). Only thing I will be tempted to do is apply for new SSN, if they are represented there. This is the only office that is not accessible to where we both work.

s_a_kumar.

Hey Dallas guys,

I typically post on the San Antonio/Austin threads but just wanted to know whether Dallas and Houston do same-day oaths (or within a month) since we are all part of TSC. Does this depend on the SC or DO? No one seems to know.

We are still waiting for oath letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, the Dallas DO does not do same day oaths.

As far as I can tell, the service centers are just that, centralized processing centers. Local policy is done at the level of the DO.

But, that's just from observation (two N-400s in the family, the longest lasting 14 months, more than a year on this forum, and an N-600 that looks like it might hit 1 year before we get a certificate).

As far as I know, the Dallas DO does not do same day oaths.

As far as I can tell, the service centers are just that, centralized processing centers. Local policy is done at the level of the DO.

But, that's just from observation (two N-400s in the family, the longest lasting 14 months, more than a year on this forum, and an N-600 that looks like it might hit 1 year before we get a certificate).

what's your timeline and case situation?