Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hi MissMolina

Thanks for the info. Could you please let us know when your friends received Oath letters? This week or Last week?

Whats the rush, man? Does it matter if it is this week or last week?The system is working as it supposed to be (GET IT?).

When it is your turn to get the oath letter you will get it. Keep your faith and loyalty to CIS. Don't bother them too much by calling or taking info pass as you may be disturbing them too much. Just don't be a jerk. Sit and relax :p

That is fine and I respect your opinion and approach to this. But my take on this is that if there is something in my power to improve chances of my application to move quicker by doing something not illegal and not prohibitively expensive - I'll go for it. Especially in the light of quite possible avalanche of naturalization applications for reasons of pending fee hike and approaching five years time line since some countries became current for AOS. Due to all that - even one day difference now has an increasing chance of costing months few months later due to anticipated increase of strain on the USCIS.
Now, I do not know for sure (and I suspect you don't either even though you seem to claim so) if FP day has any effect on processing schedule of the application. But I estimate that it has some non-zero probability of having effect. On top of that guard at the ASC herself told me that we may come first thing either Wednesday or Saturday morning (any Sat or Wed) to do an early walk-in - they open 8:00 AM (in fact she also said that if you missed your FP appt - you can also do late walk-in too instead of rescheduling via mail). Therefore I and my wife did it.

Best regards.

There is nothing wrong going early for FP. In fact, it may reduce some of the time that take for the Name Check/FP Results etc. INS doesn't prohibit the early FP. I did the early FP for my GC. They didn't ask any questions. If at all, we shouldn't be doing that, they would tell us right there. Some Application Support Centers just sit and do nothing on some of those slow days. They get $70 for each of FP.

There is no jerkin around. If someone says so, I pity for their ignorance or arrogance. When it comes to their stuff, they take several info pass appts or call the 800# several times. Infact, the Info Pass appts actually take the time away from IO where as they're supposed to be working on cases..they spend answering questions like when do I get the Oath letter etc. Don't preach if you can not practice.

There is nothing wrong going early for FP. In fact, it may reduce some of the time that take for the Name Check/FP Results etc. INS doesn't prohibit the early FP. I did the early FP for my GC. They didn't ask any questions. If at all, we shouldn't be doing that, they would tell us right there. Some Application Support Centers just sit and do nothing on some of those slow days. They get $70 for each of FP.

There is no jerkin around. If someone says so, I pity for their ignorance or arrogance. When it comes to their stuff, they take several info pass appts or call the 800# several times. Infact, the Info Pass appts actually take the time away from IO where as they're supposed to be working on cases..they spend answering questions like when do I get the Oath letter etc. Don't preach if you can not practice.

(1) I see there is no harm in FP early.
(2) There are so many cases where people lost mail, that’s why we have this forum so that we can track what’s happening, so we can identify mistakes before they happen. That’s why it is beneficial to know if it was this week or last week.
(3) There are some of us who have Wives and Children waiting outside the US who cannot join us because we are not Citizens. We have been waiting for 5 years and spend more than 100k on travel expenses just to see our family. So every week of my precious life count. If you have been in this situation you will understand the pain, if not and still says what’s the ‘rush” then that is ignorance.
(4) There is a difference between not getting IV letter, for example after 4 months and everybody else have got it, and not getting IV letter after 1 month and others are waiting too. What I see in this forum, people who try to take info pass are people who are waiting for a long time and others who apply at the same time are finished their process. I know real a life cases where some cases at INS just goes in to a black hole, and most of are fine. I don’t think anyone in this forum waiting for Oath is trying to get an Info Pass.

2 of my friends who were interviewed in jan'07 got oath letters for the march 20th ceremony. Hope that helps!
Thanks MissMolina.

Are your friends going to the Dallas Convention Center on March 20th? If so, this would confirm that the schedule posted by the court is reliable and offers a good indication of when and where the next ceremonies will take place.

Thanks MissMolina.

Are your friends going to the Dallas Convention Center on March 20th? If so, this would confirm that the schedule posted by the court is reliable and offers a good indication of when and where the next ceremonies will take place.

Also can you say which county they belong to? I am in Denton county and haven't got any notice yet.

(1) I see there is no harm in FP early.
(2) There are so many cases where people lost mail, that’s why we have this forum so that we can track what’s happening, so we can identify mistakes before they happen. That’s why it is beneficial to know if it was this week or last week.
(3) There are some of us who have Wives and Children waiting outside the US who cannot join us because we are not Citizens. We have been waiting for 5 years and spend more than 100k on travel expenses just to see our family. So every week of my precious life count. If you have been in this situation you will understand the pain, if not and still says what’s the ‘rush” then that is ignorance.
(4) There is a difference between not getting IV letter, for example after 4 months and everybody else have got it, and not getting IV letter after 1 month and others are waiting too. What I see in this forum, people who try to take info pass are people who are waiting for a long time and others who apply at the same time are finished their process. I know real a life cases where some cases at INS just goes in to a black hole, and most of are fine. I don’t think anyone in this forum waiting for Oath is trying to get an Info Pass.

Yes, everyone is anxious to get this final phase with CIS over for good. So obviously going for early FP also one of them. Your earlier comments said, they have a procedure in place..why jerk around by going for FP contradicts what u just said above.

If CIS really have a procedure and it is working as it supposed to be, then these discussion groups have less importance. If you see so many people having issues with CIS should indicate that CIS does have a procedure but that is not working as it supposed to be. Thats the justification for going early FP which you indicated as jerking around.

Also can you say which county they belong to? I am in Denton county and haven't got any notice yet.
I'm in Denton as well. What makes you believe the county is relevant? All N-400 in the Metroplex are processed by the Dallas DO.

At one point, a year or so ago, I had heard that judicial ceremonies were by county, but administrative ceremonies were metroplex wide.

But, my oath was at a judicial ceremony at the Plano Convention center (in Collin county), and I'm a Dallas county resident.

I got my Interview done today, the time of the interview was 12:40p, but I got Interviewed at 1:35, she was nice she asked..how many stripes, name of the governer, congress contains what and what....every thing was good, and
some other questions, it took about 20-25 minutes, I passed.

PD: 8-16-06
FP: 9-22-06
ID: 3-09-07
OD:4-04-07

Hi Bake,
which county you live in? I got my interview done and passed on first week of Dec,06 and still waiting for oath......I'm in Collin county.

I got my Interview done today, the time of the interview was 12:40p, but I got Interviewed at 1:35, she was nice she asked..how many stripes, name of the governer, congress contains what and what....every thing was good, and
some other questions, it took about 20-25 minutes, I passed.

PD: 8-16-06
FP: 9-22-06
ID: 3-09-07
OD:4-04-07
congrats bake! Do you remember on what date you got your IL in the mail?

finger printing at Dallas North center

For those who think early-walk-in-finger-printing harms nothing---

I went to Dallas North center on NW HWY trying a walk in finger printing at 8AM today. My scheduled time for FP is 3/24, which I had expected to be 3/9 or earlier according to the old timeline back in Feb but was significantly delayed in March. I have an overseas trip arranged from 3/17 till early May because my wife is expecting a baby at end of March.

The security guard at Dallas north center told me NO immediately after I explained my situation and showed her my itinerary. She said early appointments are not allowed any more just recently!! Her supervisor told them specifically that no one will be allowed in before the scheduled time, no matter what reason it is. After the scheduled FP date, you can walk in on any Wed or Saturday afternoons if you missed it. The CIS center will keep your profile for 87 days. You can also send your FP notice back to them for rescheduling to another date.

I am not sure why they stopped doing this. There could be two possible reasons: 1. large amount of cases, 2. our applicants have abused the system so much that they terminated this convenience for us.

If it's been the second reason, I would really be shameful for those who had taken advantage of this system, just for saving 0.5 day of your vacation and fulfilling your suspicion that early finger printing would have advanced your case on top of others. Your wrong doings have created some mess and shut the door for those who really needs this convenience. Some other folks like me would have to wait for almost another 2 months to get their process going again. Your nothing-to-hurt or nothing-wrong attitude just delayed/jeopardized others' application in some certain way. You may blame me too for going early. I won't fight with you on that!

For others' concern, my timeline is:

PD: 2/15/07
Check Deposited: 2/16/07
RN sent: 2/27/07
RN received: 3/5/07
FP notice date: 3/1/07
FP received date: 3/8/07
FP date: 3/24/07

go4nat

I will agree with reason # 1, I do not agree with with reason # 2 what would you expect a person like me do who petitioned for PR in 1998 and didn`t get approved until year 2004 after the intervention of the congressman ? so do not tell this forum that people are abusing the system instead it is INS abusing people.

For those who think early-walk-in-finger-printing harms nothing---

I went to Dallas North center on NW HWY trying a walk in finger printing at 8AM today. My scheduled time for FP is 3/24, which I had expected to be 3/9 or earlier according to the old timeline back in Feb but was significantly delayed in March. I have an overseas trip arranged from 3/17 till early May because my wife is expecting a baby at end of March.

The security guard at Dallas north center told me NO immediately after I explained my situation and showed her my itinerary. She said early appointments are not allowed any more just recently!! Her supervisor told them specifically that no one will be allowed in before the scheduled time, no matter what reason it is. After the scheduled FP date, you can walk in on any Wed or Saturday afternoons if you missed it. The CIS center will keep your profile for 87 days. You can also send your FP notice back to them for rescheduling to another date.

I am not sure why they stopped doing this. There could be two possible reasons: 1. large amount of cases, 2. our applicants have abused the system so much that they terminated this convenience for us.

If it's been the second reason, I would really be shameful for those who had taken advantage of this system, just for saving 0.5 day of your vacation and fulfilling your suspicion that early finger printing would have advanced your case on top of others. Your wrong doings have created some mess and shut the door for those who really needs this convenience. Some other folks like me would have to wait for almost another 2 months to get their process going again. Your nothing-to-hurt or nothing-wrong attitude just delayed/jeopardized others' application in some certain way. You may blame me too for going early. I won't fight with you on that!

For others' concern, my timeline is:

PD: 2/15/07
Check Deposited: 2/16/07
RN sent: 2/27/07
RN received: 3/5/07
FP notice date: 3/1/07
FP received date: 3/8/07
FP date: 3/24/07

Hello,
I too have the same PD and have been scheduled for FP on 03/24 and my wife too is expecting a baby in July. I too was thinking about getting the FP done on an earlier date but now I am going to just stick to my scheduled date.

One more question, what is RN abbreviated for?

Thank you,
sailakfan

I will agree with reason # 1, I do not agree with with reason # 2 what would you expect a person like me do who petitioned for PR in 1998 and didn`t get approved until year 2004 after the intervention of the congressman ? so do not tell this forum that people are abusing the system instead it is INS abusing people.

INS is abusing people like us and we are abusing ourselves! And a few are abusing others in an indirect way. If you do not agree with #2 reason, can you tell us why they stopped doing this even though they have much leisure time (less case volumes) on Saturdays without any exception? DO NOT act like GOD of this forum by saying "so do not tell this forum...." just because INS abused you. This is a free FYI type of forum and every one can share his/her own opinion. And, every one in this forum might have got benefit from INS, even yourself by getting your GC, although it took 6 years of you and you feel you are abused. Go ask the feelings of those who have waited for 8-10 years.

Hello,
I too have the same PD and have been scheduled for FP on 03/24 and my wife too is expecting a baby in July. I too was thinking about getting the FP done on an earlier date but now I am going to just stick to my scheduled date.

One more question, what is RN abbreviated for?

Thank you,
sailakfan

RN=Receive Notice

If my wife is not due overseas at the end of the month, I will also stick to my scheduled date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in tarrant county, I got the IL in mail on
01-30-07

Hi Blake,
Could you please tell us if you received "Oath Letter" N-445 at the end of the interview?
Or the IO told you that your oath is on Apr-4-07 but gave you form N-652, Naturalization Interview results.

This information will help all of us who are waiting for Oath letters. Thanks in advance.

PD=Oct-14-06
FP=Nov-8-06
IL=Dec-15-06
IV= Feb-14-07
Oath=??

Hi Blake,
Could you please tell us if you received "Oath Letter" N-445 at the end of the interview?
Or the IO told you that your oath is on Apr-4-07 but gave you form N-652, Naturalization Interview results.

This information will help all of us who are waiting for Oath letters. Thanks in advance.

PD=Oct-14-06
FP=Nov-8-06
IL=Dec-15-06
IV= Feb-14-07
Oath=??
axp101, Did your online status disappear before you got your IL?
Goodluck with the oath!

axp101, Did your online status disappear before you got your IL?
Goodluck with the oath!

Yes, Online status disappeared a week before IV letter.
Also I noticed that all my letters FP, IV dated on a Wednesday and I received them on a Friday. Also I see Dallas office is closed on Wednesdays. Does it mean that this is the day they close to public but work on printing letters and approving cases and other matters?