Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Why go early? FP processing doesn't really get in the way of your overall processing (as far as I can tell). I figure if they write all those instructions on the notice, that they want you to follow them.

Timeline

Hello everybody,
I am new to this thread and here are my details.

02/14/07 N-400 Mailed
02/16/07 Receipt and Priority Date
02/20/07 Checks Cashed
03/03/07 Receipt Received in the mail

I have a SSC number instead of the SRC number. Is that my case number???
Just curious.
Thank you,
sailakfan

I went to do FP on Northwest HWY but was told to go back on the date showing on the notice.were you able to go their on saturday as you said you will?

yes, same thing happened to me. As soon as I entered the parking lot, I guessed it and expected it to be like that becasuse there're so many people waiting for FP yesterday. Obviously, they don't want more walk-ins than they can handle.

Why go early? FP processing doesn't really get in the way of your overall processing (as far as I can tell). I figure if they write all those instructions on the notice, that they want you to follow them.

I agree Flydoy. If everybody follows the rules there will be less chaos at INS in terms of paperwork management. At least for Naturalization, it looks like they have a procedure in place and it is going smoothly, so why jerk around.

Hello Dallas N400's, I am back from my vacation and no IL in my mail yet since Feb 8th. I will call the 800 number tomm to get an update on my case.

All those who passed there interviews, congrats and hope you all get your OATH letters soon. Cheers!

One of the members in this forum told us that they take walk ins on Saturdays & wednesdays ,i travel a lot thats why i decided to go their and since i live in Irving thats about 20 minutes away.

This is GREAT forum and really helpful. We (I+Wife) applied together and here is the timeline for both of us in Dallas office.

Application number start with SSC* - Not sure if (*) means 'special treatment of some sort'...
Priority Date - June 22nd, 2006
Finger Print - July 21st, 2006
***Case Disappear from the USCIS status website and two days later we received interview letters.
Date of Interview - Dec 07th, 2006
Oath Letter Recd - xx/xx/xxxx
Oath Date - xx/xx/xxxx

We both passed interview and option with 'Congratulations, you have passed....and if approval granted, you will be called for oath ceremony' was marked. Officer said that we should be getting oath ceremony letter within 2-3 months. We have NOT received ANY letter yet and now we are worried. Called USCIS number few weeks ago but no help but a quick answer - 90 days are not over yet and we should call them after 90 days.
We were not told(neither we asked...:() if our application will be sent for Name Check. But after reading postings from this forum, We are REALLY concerned. It seems like that it is not normal - not receiving oath letter for months ESPECIALLY when there was a ceremony on Feb,01 in Plano. Any help would greatly appreciated.

s_a_kumar/anyone else

Has anyone recd. oath letters for Dallas/Garland or Collin/Tarrant county for March/April 07 timeframe.

My timeline as mentioned below.

PD 7/21/06
FP Done on 08/14/06
Interview letter received 11/30/06
Interview date 01/18/07.

Interview was a breeze, except I had to wait for an hour from my scheduled time.

Waiting for Oath letter...

I agree Flydoy. If everybody follows the rules there will be less chaos at INS in terms of paperwork management. At least for Naturalization, it looks like they have a procedure in place and it is going smoothly, so why jerk around.

That is fine and I respect your opinion and approach to this. But my take on this is that if there is something in my power to improve chances of my application to move quicker by doing something not illegal and not prohibitively expensive - I'll go for it. Especially in the light of quite possible avalanche of naturalization applications for reasons of pending fee hike and approaching five years time line since some countries became current for AOS. Due to all that - even one day difference now has an increasing chance of costing months few months later due to anticipated increase of strain on the USCIS.
Now, I do not know for sure (and I suspect you don't either even though you seem to claim so) if FP day has any effect on processing schedule of the application. But I estimate that it has some non-zero probability of having effect. On top of that guard at the ASC herself told me that we may come first thing either Wednesday or Saturday morning (any Sat or Wed) to do an early walk-in - they open 8:00 AM (in fact she also said that if you missed your FP appt - you can also do late walk-in too instead of rescheduling via mail). Therefore I and my wife did it.

Best regards.

I called the 800 number today and some-how got to speak to a very rude IO.
According to the IO ( I have no idea why this person was so rude, maybe has a bad monday going ), my application is in some queue to get scheduled for an interview for almost a month now. When I asked for more detail, the IO hung-up ( so rude )!!!!
Well, thats the update I have so far!!

No oath letter for either my wife or me. We both had our interviews on 1/26 and 1/30 respectively... Only one user mentioned that his wife recd. oath letter for 21st March, no further information is available from that user, despite requesting responses from him. Late last week, news from this group that there is going to be a major ceremony on April 7th (?) in Garland.

Arlington also has a oath ceremony around April 7th per the calender on Arlington convention center..hoping one of these will be our oath dates.

s_a_kumar

s_a_kumar/anyone else

Has anyone recd. oath letters for Dallas/Garland or Collin/Tarrant county for March/April 07 timeframe.

My timeline as mentioned below.

PD 7/21/06
FP Done on 08/14/06
Interview letter received 11/30/06
Interview date 01/18/07.

Interview was a breeze, except I had to wait for an hour from my scheduled time.

Waiting for Oath letter...

Passed interview

Went to my naturalization interview today. The interview was very short - very anti-climactic as most have pointed out. Lasted 5-7 minutes. Usual questions. No surprises. The IO said that I passed and would get a letter in the mail for the oath ceremony in 2-3 months. Didn't get a formal letter saying that I passed or when the oath will be. He seemed rushed; wanted to get things over with quickly and really didn't double check anything. Asked for my driver's licence, GC and passport but hardly looked at them. Didn't even verify entry/exit dates on the passport.

That's it. Back to waiting ...

PD: 07/31/2006
FP: 08/23/2006
ID: 01/17/2007 (rescheduled due to bad weather)
ID: 03/05/2007 (2nd ID)
OD: Waiting...

Called the USCIS number and spoke with two different IO. First one did not bother checking my file and said wait for 120 days instead of 90 days after the interview. I was not satisfied with this 'wait' answer. Called again hoping that someone different (hopefully more responsible/friendly personal) will respond. Well, I was lucky.
Second time, another officer responded and started conversation asking 'How I'm doing' yes!! that's the personal I was looking for....When I inquire about my file, I was told that my file is waiting for oath ceremony. I was further told that there has not been a ceremony since my interview and hence, I have not received any letter. I asked, do you know any ceremony that will be held soon - answer was - we do not have that information.

N400 Question - Texas Service Center

Receipt Date - August 28th, 2006
Finger Printing Done - September 26th, 2006

Current status, still shows my application pending with Texas Service Center. I got an appointment with InfoPass, and asked the agent about my case. He told me that they were still waiting for clearance from other departments. I asked him, if this the was NameCheck, and the agent told me No.

My wife whose application was filed along with mine had her interview completed and approved on January 26th, 2007.

Any having similar experiences. Please share.

Thanks,
Neel

Oath Ceremony

We know there are 3 ceremonies, March-23, April-4 in Garland and April 10 in Arlington. IO says they will send a letter 2 weeks before the Oath so for March 23rd end of this weeks is the date. Please post if any one of you get letters, specially folks who passed interview in December and January.

US district Court - Northern District of TX

I'm new to the forum and have been reading this thread for a couple of weeks now.

My wife and I filled on 8/30/06 and attended our interview in the Dallas office on 1/26/07. We were both approved and are now awaiting for our respective Oath letters.

I googled some of the terms used in this forum and came across the following information from the US district Court - Northern District of TX.

http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/pdf/jury/Natzschedule.pdf

The 3 dates listed are: March-20, June-14 and September-17 2007. The court has also an naturalization FAQ page

http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/faq/nat_faq.html

They indeed say "Approximately two to three weeks prior to the ceremony, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services will send you a written notice of the date and time to report.", which means that those scheduled for the 3/20 ceremony should be receiving their letter anytime this week at the latest.

I also checked the Dallas Convention Center Calendar

http://www.dallasconventioncenter.com/calendar/cal.asp?month=2&year=2007

but I couldn't confirm the dates listed by the court.

I did indeed confirm that there is an Oath ceremony scheduled in Arlington on April-10

http://www.arlingtoncc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=127

The BIG question is: who's right, the court or the IO's answering the INS phones? :confused:

2 of my friends who were interviewed in jan'07 got oath letters for the march 20th ceremony. Hope that helps!

Hi MissMolina

Thanks for the info. Could you please let us know when your friends received Oath letters? This week or Last week?