Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Anybody has any information on oath ceremonies in October and November?

jsharma said:
you should take infopass appointment for your ceremony, There is oath ceremony schedule for Sept 18th in Dallas Convention Center one is at 8.15am and other one is at 12:30 PM .....there is no ceremony schedule for tarrant resident but you can ask them to book into Dallas Ceremony. You should have got the July 11th Ceremony if you would have taken infopass...for Sept Ceremony you should receive a letter sometime in August.

PD 1/17
FP 2/17
ID 7/12
oath 9/18

have a nice day jsharma

Dallas DO Timeline

PD 6/26/06
FP 7/25/06
Waiting
Dallas People, please keep a thread about time lines, and share your experience.

My Timeline in Dallas

RD - July 20 2006
PD - July 20 2006
FP Notice Date - July 27 2006
FP Date 8/11/2006

My wife has all the dates 1 day before, even though we sent both applications on same day but sepeartely. Hoping we both can go together to get FP'ed.

Any experience in trying to get Finger Printed a day early at CIS Ft. Worth?

Do I even try ?

Another funny thing happened - when I sent my application earlier (early July) due to Math error, I sent $390 checks... application was returned to us to include correct amounts. Sent applications again around 17 th July with correct amount.
s_a_kumar

Last edited by a moderator:
DavidP2006 said:
3/10 USCIS received application
5/4 FP (Had to re-schedule as I got my FP notice the same day I was supposed to go get fingerprinted -- around 4/12)
7/20 Interview
I am scheduled for the 8/21 ceremony in Plano... still waiting for the Oath letter.

http://www.planointernationalfestival.org/

DavidP2006,

The plano international festival is in October...you've an oath on Aug. 21?

I didn't understand the url you provided, is the oath going to take place during that festival?

... yep, you're right...! I meant 10/21 for my Oath Ceremony. After the interview the USCIS Agent tried to place me in the August ceremony, but she told me that it was probably full as it was less than a month away, so she offered me the choice of Dallas in September or Plano in October.

As far as the Plano Festival, if you check the flyer in the website (http://www.planointernationalfestival.org/International Festival Poster 06B.pdf), there is a mention of a "Naturalization Ceremony" as part of the festival. So I guess that's the place where I need to be...

If you check last year's site, there is a mention of the naturalization ceremony as well http://www.planointernationalfestival.org/2005/index.html and in http://www.planointernationalfestival.org/2005/program.htm

I have a question for the ones that have already attended an Oath Ceremony... in the 2005 brochure they say that the ceremony is "By invitation only". Is there a limit on the family members that can attend to witness the ceremony??? Just curious.

Thanks!

my timeline

husband's timeline:
PD: july 12 2006
FD: aug 11 2006
ID: ???

my application got lost either due to error on lawyers part( i'm going thru a lawyer bcos of certain theft by check cases I had in the past due to a stolen checkbook). resubmitted today.

Does anyone know why it is taking longer in Dallas.
My time line
Applicaiton 03/31/06
FP: 05/05/06
Waiting

Wife's timeline
App: 03/31
FP: 05/05
Interview: 08/04.

kfa said:
PD 6/26/06
FP 7/25/06
Waiting
Dallas People, please keep a thread about time lines, and share your experience.

Delays after May "Descheduling"

Is anyone else on this list a member of the group of people whose early May interview at the Dallas D.O. was "descheduled". If so, have any of you had your interview rescheduled?

I'm going a little nuts here. It's been nearly 3.5 months since I got that notice and I haven't heard anything since. Apparently there were quite a few files whose processing got sidetrack, resulting in quite a few interviews canceled in the first week of May.

I've gone in for 3 InfoPass appointments (at one, I actually saw my file!). Apparently there is no impediment to my processing (my name check and fingerprints are OK), it's just that they don't feel like processing my application at the moment.

BTW: I found out what happens if you send a letter to the district office director. You don't get a response, but the letter does make its way into your file.

Luckily, my wife didn't get caught up in this, and her interview and oath followed a reasonable schedule.

Priority Date: September 19, 2005
Biometrics Letter: September 29, 2005
Biometrics Appointment: November 5, 2005
Interview Letter: March 23, 2006
Interview Scheduled: May 5, 2006
Descheduling Letter: April 24, 2006

1st InfoPass Appointment: May 16, 2006
2nd InfoPass Appointment: June 30, 2006
3rd InfoPass Appointment: July 28, 2006

My Wife’s Interview: May 5, 2006
My Wife’s Oath: June 1, 2006

My Timeline in Dallas

My wife and I went to La Gran Plaza in Fort Worth this afternoon (8/10). her appt was for today and mine for tomorrow morning (8/11). She was admitted into the center with out any wait. I was asked to check back later to see how the rush was. My wife was done in about 10 mins. I was allowed to get finger printed also as there was no rush. But unfortunately I had a cut on my finger and prints were no good. Manager there wrote on my application that I had a cut and could return back as soon as it is healed. hoping I will try sometime next week.

Very easy to find the mall (la gran Plaza) and the ASC. Lots of parking!

s_a_kumar

s_a_kumar said:
RD - July 20 2006
PD - July 20 2006
FP Notice Date - July 27 2006
FP Date 8/11/2006

My wife has all the dates 1 day before, even though we sent both applications on same day but sepeartely. Hoping we both can go together to get FP'ed.

Any experience in trying to get Finger Printed a day early at CIS Ft. Worth?

Do I even try ?

Another funny thing happened - when I sent my application earlier (early July) due to Math error, I sent $390 checks... application was returned to us to include correct amounts. Sent applications again around 17 th July with correct amount.
s_a_kumar

TSC-Dallas DO

:( Why is it that the Houston thread/tracker is updated almost once a day (at least) and the Dallas tracker/timeline or any thread is always burried in the old threads that it's become so hard to dig.
Are there no Dallas N-400 applicants interested in sharing their experience?
Thanks,

Oath ceremony on Set 20th at Grand Prairie, TX

My wife successfully completed Citizenship test/interview on Aug 7th, and was told that she is scheduled for Oath ceremony on Sept 20th at grand Prairie, TX. I was looking at the forum and found Oath ceremonies at Plano and Convention centre but never saw any for Grand Prairie. Did any one who completed interview recently is scheduled for Oath ceremony at Grand Prairie for 20th Sept?

MOHSAN said:
My wife successfully completed Citizenship test/interview on Aug 7th, and was told that she is scheduled for Oath ceremony on Sept 20th at grand Prairie, TX. I was looking at the forum and found Oath ceremonies at Plano and Convention centre but never saw any for Grand Prairie. Did any one who completed interview recently is scheduled for Oath ceremony at Grand Prairie for 20th Sept?

Could you please share the address/place of this ceremony in Grand Prarie?

Thanks!

Oath ceremony on Set 20th at Grand Prairie, TX

My wife has not received letter for Oath ceremony yet. Has any one received Oath Ceremony letter for 20th Sept for Garland?

At what time is the cermony going to be? My wife also was given Sep 20 at Garland Special Events Center but no time was mentioned on the form.

Oath letter after interview

... so what is the average time people wait to receive their Oath Ceremony letter after the interview? It has been over 5 weeks since I had my interview and I have not received mine... I am scheduled for the Oct 21st in Plano.

Thanks!