Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

gurdiya said:
Hello all

I express mailed my N400 paperwork to the Mesquite center 9/19/05. My check was encashed 9/22/05.
Not sure what the next step is... Would I be getting a confirmation back from the USCIS with a Priority Date and Case number ? If so, then when should I expect to get it ?

Thanks much
Gurdiya

Hi Gurdiya,

You will get a receipt from TSC in approx 2 weeks from the day they received your application. This letter will show your application number, the date on which your application was received as well as the priority date. Later on, in approx 6 weeks - 2 months from your priority date you will receive the finger print notice. Some indeterminate (seems to vary a lot from case to case) time after FP, you will receive an interview letter.

Good luck!

jay_m said:
Yes, my PD is 04/03 and my FP is 05/23. Still waiting...I know of one other person whose PD is 03/23 still waiting...Some are lucky to get it done in 3 months some like us have to wait I guess....

Hi jay_m,

Have you tried taking an INFOPASS appointment to get the status of your application?

Thanks HVN400

I am new to the forum so at this time I only have questions, no answers :)

Thanks a ton for your reply, HVN400

Gurdiya

HVN400,

Yes, I did take an infopass and I am told that I have been scheduled for an interview on 11/02. But it has been 4-5 days and have not received the letter yet. I may have to revisit them if I do not get the actual letter by mid of this month.

What is the status of your oath? Did you get any answers on that? Also any undate on your wife's application? You had mentioned that her PD was in March but not scheduled yet due to some FP problem.

Thanks.

jay_m said:
HVN400,

Yes, I did take an infopass and I am told that I have been scheduled for an interview on 11/02. But it has been 4-5 days and have not received the letter yet. I may have to revisit them if I do not get the actual letter by mid of this month.

Hi jay_m,

Good to hear that there is positive movement on your case. Are you able to add your case id now to the online USCIS portfolio? Or have you always been able to do that?

What is the status of your oath? Did you get any answers on that? Also any undate on your wife's application? You had mentioned that her PD was in March but not scheduled yet due to some FP problem.
I did not get any specific information on the oath. I was just told that it is going to be scheduled. As far as my wife's case is concerned, we were told that her FP have cleared and the namecheck is done, but the file is still at the TSC.

My status shows "receipt cannot be found...". hopefully ill get the interview letter soon....

PD: June 27
FP: Aug.19

N400

Andone - my case disappeared online too..let me know if/when you get your interview letter..Good luck.

My dates are:

PD 6/27
FP 8/18

Shankar

I got my interview letter in the mail today..INT date scheduled for Nov 4th.

Any idea what questions to expect in the interview. Also, when can I expect to take my oath pending a successful interview i.e. how are these "oath dates" scheduled. I am in Plano.

Shankar

shankar7 said:
I got my interview letter in the mail today..INT date scheduled for Nov 4th.

Any idea what questions to expect in the interview. Also, when can I expect to take my oath pending a successful interview i.e. how are these "oath dates" scheduled. I am in Plano.

Shankar
Hi Shankar,

Congratulations! Hope you have a pleasant experience at your interview. You can go back in this thread and find some detailed interview experiences by several posters. At your interview be sure to ask about your "name check" status.

According to an e-mail from somebody at the Plano Convention Center, the next naturalization ceremony is scheduled for Monday, December 12th, 2005.

Good luck!

Thanks

Thanks HVN. Do you know what happens if the oath ceremony is full for Plano. Do I get bumped to the ceremony after Dec 12th. How often are these held anyways..

Andone..any good news?

BTW, my wife and I got our interviews at the same time.

Shankar:

This is indeed strange that both you and your wife have the same interview time! I have seen several cases where they are 30 minutes apart. Did you receive the interview notification for both of you in one letter or in different letters? I suppose they will interview both of your togather which is good.

Regarding your oath question, it depends on your county. If you are in Dallas county I think the oath is more like once a month.

shankar7 said:
Thanks HVN. Do you know what happens if the oath ceremony is full for Plano. Do I get bumped to the ceremony after Dec 12th.

That may be how it works. At my interview on Aug 30th, the officer told me that the ceremony in September was full, and that I would have to wait for the next one.

How often are these held anyways..

Quarterly naturalization ceremonies are held at the Plano Convention Center. Interestingly enough, I spotted this while searching for naturalization ceremonies in Plano:

http://www.planointernationalfestival.org/

A USCIS Natz ceremony seems to be part of this event (October 22, 2205).

My wife and I received different letters, but the same interview time and date..which means together I assume..

Congrats Andone! what time..I am at 12:40pm.

HVN - I am in Collin county, so do you know what date after the Dec 12th date just in case I am bumped. Given they had Oct 22nd, Dec 12th, you would think late Jan or early Feb for the next date.

Shankar

shankar7 said:
HVN - I am in Collin county, so do you know what date after the Dec 12th date just in case I am bumped. Given they had Oct 22nd, Dec 12th, you would think late Jan or early Feb for the next date.

Shankar

Hi Shankar,

You can send an email to jims@plano.gov or jor@plano.gov to find out when the next scheduled naturalization ceremony is after Dec 12, 2005. The cermony on Oct 22nd seems to be a one-off thing. Not something that may happen frequently or regularly. It would be nice if someone who is going to the October or December ceremony could post and provide some details.

Good luck!

Got mine for 11/2 @ 10. My wife's application is still pending :confused: and dont know when it will come thru though both our PDs are the same in early April. At the Inforpass, we were told that all the requirements have been met for interview and we should get the letter 'anytime'.

Any idea if Dallas county Oath schedules? Is it also once every 3 months? or is it more frequently conducted? HVN400, any links you can suggest for folks from the Dallas county?

Thanks and good luck to everybody for those scheduled early Nov.

jay_m said:
Got mine for 11/2 @ 10. My wife's application is still pending :confused: and dont know when it will come thru though both our PDs are the same in early April. At the Inforpass, we were told that all the requirements have been met for interview and we should get the letter 'anytime'.

Congratulations! Hope your wife's interview is scheduled soon too. My wife and I are in the same boat. My interview is finished, but we are still waiting for my wife's interview to be scheduled.

Any idea if Dallas county Oath schedules? Is it also once every 3 months? or is it more frequently conducted? HVN400, any links you can suggest for folks from the Dallas county?

Try to contact the Dallas Convention Center about naturalization ceremony schedules. They may be able to provide some answers for you.

Good luck!

hey shankar!
congrats to u too.

please let us know,if u email them, of the date of the next collin county ceremony.

btw,my interview is at 1:30.:)

Hi HVN400,

"If you are in Dallas county I think the oath is more like once a month."
Can anybody please tell me: from where can I get the ceremony dates for Dallas? I read once that the ceremony is done once every 90 days! Is it true? I hope it is done more frequently...

Thanks and Regards,

still waiting

I had my Finger printing done on August 26th. Still waiting for the interview letter to arrive.

Hope it will arrive soon :confused: