Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Oath Ceremonies in Plano

Hi All,

Does anybody have any information on the schedule of oath ceremonies in Plano? I was told by the adjudicating officer at my interview that the ceremony scheduled for September was full, and that I should expect a letter for the next one. He did not say when the next ceremony might take place.

Also, are any of the oath ceremonies in the Dallas/Fort Worth area being affected due to the refugee situation arising from Katrina?

Thanks!

Next Plano Oath Ceremony

For those that are interested, the next oath ceremony in Plano is scheduled for Monday, December 12th, 2005.

Hello everyone!

1) I sent my N400 on June 22, and I had my fingerprints taken on Aug. 18.
I am waiting for my interview notice now.

2) I looked at the processing dates, and it says that they-re processing applications received on April 1st.
What exactly does that mean?Does it mean that those ppl are currently taking their oath(they completed the process)?

I'm confused how that date relates to my case.

Thank you for any responses!

Newly Minted American Citizen

My journey with USCIS is over :D Thanks to the great work of Dallas Convention Center folks today about 800 people became American citizens in spite of Hurricane Katrina. It was a wonderful ceremony. The second best thing in the world after being a born US citizen is to be a naturalized citizen of this great land. :)

PS - No longer a CitizenInWaitin

CitizenInWaitin said:
My journey with USCIS is over :D Thanks to the great work of Dallas Convention Center folks today about 800 people became American citizens in spite of Hurricane Katrina. It was a wonderful ceremony. The second best thing in the world after being a born US citizen is to be a naturalized citizen of this great land. :)

PS - No longer a CitizenInWaitin

Congratulations, and good luck!

andone said:
Hello everyone!

1) I sent my N400 on June 22, and I had my fingerprints taken on Aug. 18.
I am waiting for my interview notice now.

2) I looked at the processing dates, and it says that they-re processing applications received on April 1st.
What exactly does that mean?Does it mean that those ppl are currently taking their oath(they completed the process)?

I'm confused how that date relates to my case.

Thank you for any responses!

Who knows what the processing dates really mean! My wife and I have a PD of 03/14/05. My wife had to have her FP re-done on 06/22, and we are still waiting to hear about her interview date, while I finished my interview on 08/30/05. Also, I have seen a poster on this thread who had a PD of early april who was naturalized last week at the Plano Convention Center ceremony. Each case seems to be wildly different in terms of processing time.

Thanx for your reply!

Just to let you know, the processing dates for the I-130 application have been the same for 2-3 months now, so I think the ones for N400 are not updated either.

:-(

HVN400, What did the officer say at the interview? Did they give you an indication of when you will get the oath letter? Did they say it depends on the county you live in? Is there a backlog they mentioned due to Katirna? What is your county? I am just curious how long it takes after a successful interview to get oath in Dallas DO.

I assume your name check etc. is over.

jay_m said:
HVN400, What did the officer say at the interview? Did they give you an indication of when you will get the oath letter? Did they say it depends on the county you live in? Is there a backlog they mentioned due to Katirna? What is your county? I am just curious how long it takes after a successful interview to get oath in Dallas DO.

I assume your name check etc. is over.

The officer told me at the end of the interview that I would get the notice for the oath in 4-6 weeks in the mail, since the oath ceremony in September at the Plano Convention Center was already full. So, my guess is, if there is a spot available at an upcoming ceremony for your particular county etc., you may receive an oath letter right there, after a successful interview.

Of course, at the time of my interview, Katrina was really not a factor. It is encouraging to note that the oath ceremonies scheduled for September in Dallas and Plano have proceeded per plan (according to posters on this thread).

andone

My FP date was 8/18 too, same as andone's. Still have not received the interview date and the case still shows up on website..I guess the case would disappear online, which would mean i am close to receiving my interview letter.

I've read posts where ppl's status did not disapear online, before they received the interview letter.

Right. My case status is still available online but I received my interview letter back in August.

-g

My dates

I sent the application on 6/21, USCIS confirmed they received on June 24th
FP - 8/18

No notice of interview yet...eagerly awaiting.

Shankar

g,

This is interesting that you have received your interview letter but still online status is giving the standard message. I have observed atleast in Dallas DO that everybody who have got their interview letters had their online status disappear 2-3 days before receipt of the letter. Can you please post your complete timeline? I assume your interview should be sometime in Oct.

Also, if there are others in Dallas DO who have received interview letters but no change in online status pls. let us know in this forum. My timeline is PD of 04/03/05 and still waiting after FP in May!

Dallas DO Oath Ceremony Question

Does Denton county hold naturalization ceremonies for its residents? If not, where do Denton county residents get naturalized? Plano? Or other neighboring cities/counties?

jay_m,

Below is my timeline. I am hoping that my case is not stuck in some black hole.

Timeline:VSC->Baltimore
----------------------------------------
05/13/05: Priority Date :)
05/23/05: Notice Date :)
06/03/05: FP Notice :)
06/21/05: FP Appointment :)
08/04/05: Interview Letter received :)
09/27/05: Interview Date
99/99/05: Oath
-----------------------------------------

The status is supposed to disappear after the file is sent to DO. In my case the status didnt change even after I received the interview letter. So my worry is the file may still be stuck in the service center which may cause problems with getting approved at the interview.

:(g