Dallas Regional DOL Tracker

Guys are there any new updates from DOL Dallas?

Please post the updates so that it is helpful to everybody

Guys,
Dallas DOL are now working on Aug2002 cases, Mine case also comes in aug 2nd week. Let see what happens. hopes for the best after a long wait.

Hi,

My papers were recd in Texas regional office on 07/15/2002. Thanks to you guys, I could atleast get the case number by e-mail notification.

I checked the status today morning and it still says 'recd on 07/15/2002'. No update after the receipt date. Not sure how long it takes to update the status if the papers are really processed (as per DOL website, July 2002 processing is completed).

Last edited by a moderator:
vap777,

After they receive your paperwork, how long you get your case number? my case was sent to DOL in Feb, but my lawyer told me than I can get the case number only after they processs my case. Is it right?

as to your case, the best way is asking your employer to check your application. usually it will speed up and approve your application. I don't think lawyer is more powerful than your boss at current point.

As soon as your case reaches DOL, a case no is assigned to it.
so check with your lawyer or call DOL about this & they'll tell you. Tell them you are talking through your employer.

Guys...

Best way to find out the your case number is call them up.. But I would restrain to call as it is not advisable being a beneficiary. I just found out my case number by calling automated system.. I had a date with me that I received from my lawyer... In my case, I just called the automated system and entered my employer phone number, it gave all the cases with receipt date. I figured out my case number with the receipt date which I received from my lawyer. Ofcourse! my company did not file any other cases in those dates, so I figured out..

Bad news...
Automated system gave couple of case numbers filed through my company.. I noticed, there was a case received in Jan first week of 2002 in regional and they also received Notice of Finding Rebuttal, but not yet made any decision.. All together they have four cases received before mine and they did not approve/reject any of them.. All them are still lying there for some time..

Just hope for the best..

Good Luck!!!

Gany,

Is your case number started with

06-34-****?

My lawyer gave me a letter sent by TWC, which is said "my case was sent to DOL for further review on Feb. 20th". Do you get the similar letter as this?

Is it the same day for the date of case sent to DOL and date of case received by DOL, or have 1 or 2 days off?

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

Yes, it starts with 06-34****.. it was received at Regional on 2/17/03 (as per automated system).. though my lawyer gave 2/20/03 as receipt date...

But as I said, there were cases from Jan 9th 2002 from my "company". I am not really happy with this, but I do not have any other choice..

Hope your case will go thru soon..

Hi Gany,

Are these pending cases from your company are in RIR category?

If it is in RIR then the processing dates on the DOL website does not make sense.

Gany,

Thanks.

But I still could not get my case number.

my employer even called them and ask for the case number, their answer is "call back in a week".......

vap777

All the above cases from company are RIR. It doesn't mean that, every case is pending. What I noticed was, they sent NOF and waited for response. Once they recieve response they are supposed to take decision at the earliest. But it's not happening. My company is relatively new and DOL might concerned to have all the details.. Bottom line is they did not take any decision as of today on at least 5 cases from company.

boboli:

Do you have approx. date of reciept at Dallas Regional? If so, you can do a trial & error by calling automated system phone number (214-767-9384) and enter your employer phone number for search. System lists all the cases pending with DOL, you have to make a guess about your case. System gives case # and reciept date for each case..

Good Luck!!!

Does anyone have any new update?

Does Labor Certificate have different category?

Some LC applications was received on regional office in Oct 2002, Dec. 2002, even Jan 2003, still got certified!!!!!

wow!?

is it related to the job type?

Perm

Hey Guys,
Any info about the perm process? I was told that it was going to be initiated in April.

Any ideas as to what is going to happen to existing cases with DOL?

Thanks

Guys,
There is not a good news right now for me. My case was processed on march 17th by dol dallas, my receipt date for dol is 3rd week of aug . I got a NOF from dol dallas & wants the reply within 3 weeks. There were no layoff at my employer since last couple of years & even still the employer is hiring new people.

The NOF is asking answer for 3 questions:
where any employes laid off in last 6 months?
How many were laid off?
If any us citizen is rejected what where the job related reasons?

for all the 3 questions my lawyer/employer has to reply.

After talking to my lawyer we are doing a readvertisement in newspaper, because thats the option lawyer told is very good
to check if any us workers are available or not. Lets see what happen.

I had seen one case on this texas regional forum like mine who also got the same nof & his case was approved after a readvertisement was done.

any suggestions are welcome if anybody encountered this type of situation.

Sorry

Sorry to hear about the NOF. However don't lose hope just yet. It seem that NOF's are almost the norm at this point. Given that your company has had no layoffs in the past 6 months, is a huge plus. All this does is add a bit more waiting time.

TX Labor

guys,
what is the email address for checking the status of the labor application.

lalaker

Guys,

Any update lately?

spb999: Seems you got NOF. I have a question for you.. Did your company applied any new LCs after yours. How are they doing? Does your company advertise regularly either on internet or local news papers??? hope your case will be approved ASAP.

Gany

gany,
My company had filed another LC & it is there at the regional office. this lc was filed after me. My company/lawyer has started readvertisement for 2 weeks & we are going to reply once the advertisement finishes. also there were no layoff in my company. we have to reply before 3 rd week of april, but main concern is when DOL are going to look into the NOF reply. Hope they now atleast approve my case, I am just praying god to get my lc approved this month atleast because it has been a long wait for me.