Dallas Regional DOL Tracker

email system does not work

email system does not work today, I used both Tax Id and Employer phone number, no any reply. at least yesterdy I got email back which said "no record"......
when I call the number 214-767-4989, the lady said only employer and lawyer could get all the information.....
for the phone retrieve system, she said "somebody is working on it"...

so frustrated....

I suggest all not to call ODL guys so frequently as it may slow down the process further. You can send email, normally it takes a day or two to get the response back.

DOL Trend

DOL's procedure seems to be:
1) Review RIR case 9-10 months after reciept
2) NOF/Reject 50% of the cases (VERY Arbitrary too)
3) Applicant takes 2-3 months to rebuff the NOF
4) DOL makes decision on the rebuff in another 3 Months

So it appears 16-17 months to get a response...This is just based on the threads that I have seen here (I could be totally wrong)

With the economy headed into the tube, RIR cases seem to be really doomed. Non-RIR cases are a lot safer. IT areas seems to be the hardest hit...
comments are welcome

mirage 27,
#4 does not seem to be 3 months cause DOL is still sitting on the NOF rebuttals received by them in July/August 2002.

My husband's company has his LC NOF rebuttal on September 2002, and we haven't received any decision from DOL.
How do you know the DOL still have July/ August 2002 NOF sitting on the desk? Where do you get this info? Please advise.

boboli,
The original RD by DOL on 6/14/2001, and DOL received the NOF rebuttal on Sep 5, 2002.
Application for:
RIR EB3
Computer programmer

Guys,

If any one knows about any approval at Dallas DOL (Regional) please post it.. Whatever the latest one. Just trying to follow when was the last case they approved... I noticed a lot of cases they forwarded from Texas Workforce to Dallas Regional in February. I do not see much approvals from Dallas... Please share if you or some one whom you know has an final approval or query from Dallas DOL..

Thanks...

Guys, Good News, I just talked to DOL again today & now they are processing aug'02 cases. Hope to get some approvals this week from DOL.

How did you get case # with Dallas Regional Office? Is it the same case number which we got from Texas WorkForce or different one? My company lawyer not responding properly. They just provided the ALC #xxxxxxx with Texas.. Let me know if it is different or if we can make out with initial number...

Thanks in advance

Gany,
The case no of TWC is totally different that the case no of DOL DALLAS. I luckly got my case# from DOL while I was talking to one of the asociates last month in that office. The lady was nice & very cooperative, so she gave me the case no based on my employers name I told her & my name. So the TWC case no & DOL case no are totally different. Even my Lawyer also didn't knew the case no from DOL. so try on calling the Dol office & might you get some luck somebody will tell your case no.
Also while asking the case no tell them that you are from your employer office.

To: Gany, Spb999,

TWC gave me the notice they forwarded my case to DOL for further review on Feb 20th. But I tried phone number in the email system and replied with "our search for Alien Certification Unit status did not find any cases to report". Then I input the Tax ID of my empolyer, it only showed one LC application in 2000, but not my case. Since I could not get my case number from DOL( as SPB999 said, the case number from TWC is different from DOL), I really wonder if they receive my case or they have not update their system yet...
in this forum, most cases are forwarded to DOL in August, 2002. is there anyone's case forwarded to DOL after 2003?
Thanks for anyone sharing their experience.....

Mine too forwarded on Feb 20th.. I guess they did massive transfers on 20th from Texas WorkForce to Dallas DOL... My lawyer says, the case # is same as we had with Texas.. I am sure they are not perticular or aware of it... Dallas Office might take some time to update automated systems to respond our cases.. May be we'll some progress in near future.. :)

By the what was the number to call Dallas DOL?

Thanks once again...

to: Gany

I doubt that the case number from TWC is the same as one in DOL. I use the email system to check the status.
lcstatus06@doleta.gov

in previous posts, you can find the methods to send email to ask about your case. you can either type TaxID or phone number of your employer. sometimes, they will give your instant response, or sometimes they will reply back to you in 3 days.

The syntax to request case status follows:

In the body of the message type:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678

- AND / OR -

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

you can see the case number for DOL is 8 digits, but our case number from TWC is different.so we could not use that number as case number.
that is what I think...

Guys,
Good news, DOL Dallas has started processing aug'02 cases in rir, I talked to the associate yesterday late afternoon.
Also got some more information as to why the phone system to check status is not working since last 4-5 weeks, the reason is DOL dallas office is going to install a new automated system within 1-2 weeks to check the status of the cases at DOL Dallas office.

Also the delays as to why the approvals are coming slow is because only 1 analyst at DOL dallas office is working on Permanent labor certification., this is the latest information I got from Dallas office. So currently they are processing Aug'02 cases. Lets hope for the best so that we can see some approval this week or next.

Guys please dont use your TWC case no, as the case no of DOL is totally different than the case no of TWC. Talk to DOL office and get the case no.

Spb999

Thanks for sharing the info. Does it mean only one analyst will take care of all the cases and no more analysts in the future?

Anyway, Good luck for your LC.

Thanks, Right now looks like only 1 is working on this cases, but dont know of tomorrow if they will include any more analyst to do the approvals