Dallas BEC Approval Queue Tracker

08/02 is the date for SWA received (PD,priority Date)..not Regional Received Date(RD)..

RD will be useless in BEC....

so far, only in this forum, only Icarus has detail information for us...

emails,phone calls to BEC, will not helpful...they are just general automatic replies or automatic message.
Bunty2772 said:
Is 08/02 the date that the cases were received at the regional offices in Dallas or is this the date that the cases were received at the local SWA? Thank you.

Also, if this date is when the cases were received at the regional office, can someone give me a guesstimate on how long before they look at my case at Dallas BEC? My case was received by the regional office in May 2003, and I replied to the 45-day letter in Jan, 2005.

Can someone give me the details on how to obtain the status on my case from the BEC itself? I saw some mails in one of these threads regarding this. Thank you.

I don't think this is correct info according to my case

RIR, EB3
PD: Nov 04, 2001
Regional: June 2003
45-day letter: Jan 2005
Expected date to get the approval: forever.

OK

malihar said:
Expected date to get the approval: forever.

OK

ZB,

1. How come Philly is still stuck in mid-2001 while Dallas is cruising at mid-2002? Per DOL's numerous communications, the entire nation's backlog was to be processed on a FIFO basis. You've mentioned before as to how Philly and Dallas work differently, but I would think both use a common electronic database when reviewing the paper applications. Why isn't Philly catching up with Dallas? Isn't Philly contradicting DOL's directive from the get go? I am not doubting your analysis one bit, but could it be that Dallas is actually in the same situation as Philly, except for a few stray cases here and there?
2. MY PD is March 2004 and I received my 45 day notice in March 2005, which was sent back to Dallas immediately. How would I know if my RIR application was sent to Dallas straight from the SWA or from the Regional Office? (My lawyer is very hard to get hold of, as all communication has to be done through my company's HR - very slow and painful). Per your analysis, when do you expect my PD to be in the Analysis Queue, assuming SWA cases will be merged with the Regional cases?
3. Any chance Dallas applications will be sent to Philly in the future? Or vice-versa? I would think that it will royally screw up things for us Dallas cowboys...
4. Hope you get your LC approval soon. Its about time!

Thanks!
PD - 3/31/04 (Illinois)
RD - Unknown (Chicago)
45 Day - 03/31/05

Last edited by a moderator:
gcgal said:
hi ZB,, Icarus and all

Is there any connection between visa numbers and labor approvals from the bpcs???? i mean ,,, r these dates going parellel with one another????

NO
is there any chance for the visa numbers to become current ???? i just wanna make it clear .... hope everything will start looking good in near future !!!!!!!!!
Not for this year, But with you PD date may be possible in next 24 months.Improvements will be seen after Aug 2005 wherein New visa numbers for next year will become available
PD : feb 05
RD :n/a
45-day letter : n/a

IAmInOklahoma said:
RIR, EB3
PD: Nov 04, 2001
Regional: June 2003
45-day letter: Jan 2005
Expected date to get the approval: forever. Any time soon,Check your Mail in next 2 weeks and let us know :)
OK

Where Am I ?

I Found This Forum Thru Google.. Great Stuff ! Keep It Up.

Now Where do I Stand in this Queue ?

California SESA Applied : 12/06/2001 (I believe its PD)
Califonia DOL Received : 06/16/2003 (RD ?)
DOL Case # : 095714xx
DOT Code :999.151-031, Computer Software Engineers, Applications
45 Day letter Received/Replied : Feb 11, 2005
Dallas Backlog Processing Center # : D-04299-02xxx

What Next ??
Should I go for PERM ??

Hello All:
One of my friend's labor approved from Dallas, he recd a copy of approval on May 27th, 2005.
His case details are:
PD: May, 2001 (CA) Non-RIR
Case Number: 04295-XXXXX
Mechanical Engineer.
Recd 45 Days letter in March.

The letter was dated on Apr 12, 2005 but was mailed on May 24th. Recived on May 27th, 2005.

Hope this helps.

F_Gandhi said:
Hello All:
One of my friend's labor approved from Dallas, he recd a copy of approval on May 27th, 2005.
His case details are:
PD: May, 2001 (CA) Non-RIR
Case Number: 04295-XXXXX
Mechanical Engineer.
Recd 45 Days letter in March.

The letter was dated on Apr 12, 2005 but was mailed on May 24th. Recived on May 27th, 2005.

Hope this helps.

so his case didn't make it to regional at all? it was at SWA level? if so, this means that SWA cases started being processed.

NeelP said:
I Found This Forum Thru Google.. Great Stuff ! Keep It Up.

Now Where do I Stand in this Queue ?

California SESA Applied : 12/06/2001 (I believe its PD)
Califonia DOL Received : 06/16/2003 (RD ?)
DOL Case # : 095714xx
DOT Code :999.151-031, Computer Software Engineers, Applications
45 Day letter Received/Replied : Feb 11, 2005
Dallas Backlog Processing Center # : D-04299-02xxx

What Next ??
Should I go for PERM ??

Hang in there , if you are NON-RIR they have allready cleared May 2001 and you are almost there and should get in next few months in worst case scenrio

Applying PERM also requires atleast six months of advt,preparation and cost more moneyto apply in RIR and not sure of approvals and you losse your PD if you apply fresh. And if you convert and it fails you loose both end.
Patience pays and all the best.

I am in the midst of trying to decide if I should change jobs and am unable to do so since I dont understand how much longer it'll take for the Dallas BEC to approve my case. I've been hearing about 9-day approvals for people doing PERM. Can someone (Icarus, ZB) take a shot at making a guess on my approximate approval time at the Dallas BEC? Here is my info:

P.D: Oct 23, 2002
R.D: May 07, 2003 (Dallas Regional Office)
45-day letter sent: Jan 11, 2005
Title: Software Engineer - EB3

Thanks much for your help.

-Navin

APPROVAL with PD 07/02

Don't congratulate me.... This is not mine. But still it is good to know.

Originally Posted by waitingInHope
Hello All,

I have been a silent spectator on this forum for some time now and really appreaicte the efforts of all especially Icarus, GP111, ZB and many others.

I just wanted to share the news that a colleague of mine has got his labor approved from Dallas BEC. His PD (RIR case) was 07/02 and replied to 45 day letter in Feb'05.

I am waiting for my approval. Good luck too all of you.

--
RIR Case with PD 07/02 Replied 45 day letter in Mar'05

Great news! Was his app. at the Dallas DOL to begin with? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
mnhrdc said:
Hang in there , if you are NON-RIR they have allready cleared May 2001 and you are almost there and should get in next few months in worst case scenrio

Applying PERM also requires atleast six months of advt,preparation and cost more moneyto apply in RIR and not sure of approvals and you losse your PD if you apply fresh. And if you convert and it fails you loose both end.
Patience pays and all the best.

Hi, what do you mean they are cleared May 2001? My pd was April 2001 but still not received the 45 day letter yet.

Looks like cases are being processed by ETA#

waitingInHope said:
Hi ZB,

The only info I have D-04301-xxxxx. I do not have enough info to share.

Here are some facts..

GCNoway PD Apr 2002 (D-04301-xxxxx) Recieved approval Yesterday
Waitinginhopes friend PD July 2002 (D-04301-xxxxx) Recieved approval yesterday

What does this indicate?

I bet your friends case was approved somewhere around May 17th, the same day when GCNoways case was approved.

My belief that processing is happening by the D-number is getting more and more confirmed..

ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
Here are some facts..

My belief that processing is happening by the D-number is getting more and more confirmed..

ZB

the key question that should be asked is WHAT STATE THAT CASE WAS FILED IN INITIALLY AND WHAT REGIONAL CENTER IT WENT AFTERWARDS...

As per DOL while adjudicating cases they wanted to follow state's requirements for recruitment. Also they indicated that the personnel is still being trained to follow those different reqs. Since Dallas Regional Center reqs are well known to BEC personnel, I think (and I hope it's true -- sorry, I can afford to be selfish here) they have some people working on Dallas cases and those cases are moving at much faster paces than those from other states. That's where all these late 2002 approvals coming from.

Zany_Brainy said:
Here are some facts..

What does this indicate?

I bet your friends case was approved somewhere around May 17th, the same day when GCNoways case was approved.

ZB

Hi ZB,

I think it makes sense....but point is that how do we know that how many cases are in between from those which are approved on may 17th (with eta# d-04301 and mine eta# d-04321).

So if we know this, then based on average approvals and more approval data in next 2-days, we will have a better picture...

thanks...

It's can be coincident. you can't make assumption bsed on 2 cases.

Zany_Brainy said:
Here are some facts..

What does this indicate?

ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
Here are some facts..

ZB

Like someone else said I think there is more than just the D# at play. State filed probably has some impact.

My case has a PD of Oct 2002 and Dallas ETA # D-04261-xxxx. ETA # is earlier than some however the PD is later than where month of estimated processing.

p.s. ZB, Icarus et al - Keep up the good work with the analysis and updates. It gives the rest of us hope!