Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Case Type: RIR
DOL: Dallas DOL
Priority Date: Sept 2003
Regional Date: April 2004
got the letter, but mine is EB3, still need to wait even after LC is approved

Please start posting Bec letter info

A suggestion for DOL BEC forum that a spread sheet or an text file can be appended to fallowing info so that moving forward we will be knowing the trend of approvals , And any volunteer is appreciated.

Request folks who have recieved bec letters to append to this text or else just post it so that volunteer can append it.

A similar can be started for Phily centre so that we can stick to one thread

BEC 45 Day Letter Status for Dallas
=========================
User --> PD --> RD --> CaseLoc --> BEC-Loc
=======================================================================
benben912 -->Nov 2002-->Jun 2003-->TX-->Dallas
gc_us_k --> Apr 2003 --> March 2004 --> CA --> Dallas.
Zany_Brainy --> May 1, 2002 --> May 28, 2003 --> cA --> Dallas
Georgetm --> March 20, 2003 --> XX --> CA --> Dallas
scorp29 -->xxxx-->Sep 30 2003-->TX--->Dallas
madur --> Jun 18 2003 -->Nov 10 2003 -->TX-->Dallas
dhana8 --> Feb 5 2003 --> Mar 11 2004 --> CA --> Dallas
sudmoni-->Apr 19 2004 -->Apr 24 2004--->Loui--> Dalls
jamiw75 --> Sep 2003 --> Apr 2004 -->TX-->Dallas

Well..

misunderstood said:
Dude, Zany_Brainy, are you forgetting that it will be a FIFO for all the regions that are now under the jurisdiction of Dallas BEC. Hope it does not mean too much to get a 45 day letter as long as they start processing it as FIFO regardless of the state. Guys from Indiana are waiting with a PD from April of 2001....and hope the BEC does what it professed, that is, to be fair for all applicants, and sincerely adopt the FIFO rule to the letter of the word.

I am seeing dudes with PDs from 2003 get the 45 day letters, and no word yet for those with PD's from 2001. I am hoping that the unfairness that existed between different states b4 BECs came to existance will atleast be a level playing field now for those who have waited from 2001.

I am just tired of seeing guys get LC approvals in few months time in states like MN and then guys like us still waiting from 2001 in other states.

And, lastly, your application gets a EB2 or EB3 tag only at the later stages and not at the Labor Certification stage. You are at least better off since you have planned to be EB2 because of which the date retrogression won't affect you.

Dude MISUNDERSTOOD,
You misunderstood, I asked GP111 wether I will be one of the first 'SF' (San Francisco) cases to be processed or not ? Since SF has sent cases from May onwards to the BEC's and I have PD of MAY 1 2002.

Anyway, I understand the whole national FIFO thing, just would like someway to know when they are going to start processing.. :confused: :confused:

Where BEC

mnhrdc said:
A suggestion for DOL BEC forum that a spread sheet or an text file can be appended to fallowing info so that moving forward we will be knowing the trend of approvals , And any volunteer is appreciated.

Request folks who have recieved bec letters to append to this text or else just post it so that volunteer can append it.

mnhrdc,
Do you have any idea where will be my LC going to be processed Dallas or Philly,

I have a pd: of Sept. 2002 and ro: of August 25, 2003 San Francisco DOL

mnhrdc said:

Here's a situation that is getting difficult to comprehend and has been raised by some other folks in some other forums including this one.

Now we have guys with PDs of mid-late 2003 (Yes PDs and not RDs!!) getting the letters! Nothing against that but then if these guys respond in 45 days, what's the whole FIFO based sorting about if the guys with earlier PDs (say 2002!) haven't even recd. the letters, let alone being able to respond to them.

Anyone with more insight into how this thing's gonna work!!!

BRC letter update

Dear friends,

I finally saw the 45-day letter (lawyer office scanned and sent it to me). The letter has 3 parts:

1st part/page : Letter from Dallas BRC officer letter to the employer stressing the need for "45-day" reply timeframe. The letter has to be replied within 45 days. (In my case the letter was dated December 29th and my office shd respond before Feb 5th). Most importantly this letter does not have anything abt my received date. It has only my PD date-August 2002, Job code, name. So this means they are going by PD ONLY.

2nd part/page; Any corrections to the orginal ETA forms A and B can be made here. They have to be listed point by point. If no corrections, it should say none.

3rd part/page: This gives two options for employer; to continue with current petition or withdraw.

My employer will sign have to sign and sent it to lawyer who will forward that to BRC.

buckleup1 08/2002 07/2003 CA, SFO federal labor BEC - Texas

Icarus,
Do you have any information if the BEC's have started approving labors? By now they should have enough responses to 45 day letters.

Thanks

What corrections can be made to ETA forms A and B????

Dear Friends,

Does anyone know anything about the changes that can be made on the ETA forms A and B? Can we make changes so that the degree requirement can be changed from a Bachelor's to a Master's so that, the category will change from EB3 to EB2? Or is it something different? I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Karnish

buckleup1 said:
Dear friends,

I finally saw the 45-day letter (lawyer office scanned and sent it to me). The letter has 3 parts:

1st part/page : Letter from Dallas BRC officer letter to the employer stressing the need for "45-day" reply timeframe. The letter has to be replied within 45 days. (In my case the letter was dated December 29th and my office shd respond before Feb 5th). Most importantly this letter does not have anything abt my received date. It has only my PD date-August 2002, Job code, name. So this means they are going by PD ONLY.

2nd part/page; Any corrections to the orginal ETA forms A and B can be made here. They have to be listed point by point. If no corrections, it should say none.

3rd part/page: This gives two options for employer; to continue with current petition or withdraw.

My employer will sign have to sign and sent it to lawyer who will forward that to BRC.

buckleup1 08/2002 07/2003 CA, SFO federal labor BEC - Texas

Need not match advertisement

The education and experience need not match the advertisement in case of RIR as per my attorney. We advertised Bachelors + 2 years but the ETA 750 form we mentioned Masters. And the attorney says mine is EB2.

GOT the BEC LETTER

Just found out from my HR that they have received the much anticipated BEC letter. My letter doesn't have any corrections on it. I just have to choose the continue with the case option. I do have a new case number now. Here are my details

State: TX
TWC: applied 2/12/2003
DOL: RD 9/8/2003
Recd: BEC Letter 12/23/2004
Case : EB3 RIR

madur said:
The education and experience need not match the advertisement in case of RIR as per my attorney. We advertised Bachelors + 2 years but the ETA 750 form we mentioned Masters. And the attorney says mine is EB2.

Add to what misunderstood states

1.Advt should state MS or Equivalient of BS + 5 yrs progressive experience
in the form ET750
2.Level 2 wage Appx $40.52 - $47.32 / hr wages. for 2002-2003.
3. very clear explanation of job responsibelity like lead position.

zurcaled said:
mnhrdc,
Do you have any idea where will be my LC going to be processed Dallas or Philly,

I have a pd: of Sept. 2002 and ro: of August 25, 2003 San Francisco DOL

Not sure it can be from either office becasue they have sent 10K cases to each office.

Look out for recieving letters soon at your company address and Attorneys address, since the trend for CA RIR looks LIFO (last in First Out) .

Still waiting for letter

Still waiting for the 45-day letter......

Dallas DOL RD: 08-15-2003, RIR
software engineer

anybody in same boat?

I thought the same when EB3 dates retrogressed and got very frustrated. But the attorney clearly told me that what matters for EB2 is what is specified on 750 form, not the news paper advertisement. Infact ads were run for 2 positions and the other one doesn't have a masters degree and it is EB3.

But my 750 form asks for Masters + 2 years experience. Here is the reply I got from my attorney

Minimum requirements are not required to be stated in advertisements under RIR (reduction-in-recruitment). They are only required under the traditional (supervised) LC track. Your case was filed under RIR. Your case was filed under the EB-2 category as it requires a Master's degree or Equivalent in CS, IT or related field such as Industrial Mgmt. + 2 years of experience as a ************* Programmer Analyst or ****** Consultant.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

I am just going by her word now.

aggie2000 said:
Still waiting for the 45-day letter......

Dallas DOL RD: 08-15-2003, RIR
software engineer

anybody in same boat?

Yes ..
Dallas DOL RD: 09-09-2003, RIR
PD- Feb 2003

and 4 of my friend have similar dates in Dallas

mnhrdc:

Is there a must to put level 2 wage?????
If the job title is software engineer not as sr software engineer and alien manages 0 people.

Through your comments!!!

mnhrdc said:
Add to what misunderstood states

1.Advt should state MS or Equivalient of BS + 5 yrs progressive experience
in the form ET750
2.Level 2 wage Appx $40.52 - $47.32 / hr wages. for 2002-2003.
3. very clear explanation of job responsibelity like lead position.

When will they start processing ?

Can anyone shed any light on that ? :confused:

I have PD: May 1 2002, CA SFO
Already recieved letter (last week of dec)
Already replied ..

Seems like no one having PD before me has recieved any letter till now (as per the information posted here)

Also before you guys assume that the letters are going by no order whatsoever you must understand that the people posting on this board constitute of maybe 10% of the 300,000 people who have their cases sent to the BEC's.

So as per my assesment, I seem to have recieved the letter when I should have as per FIFO by PD.

Thanks
ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
Can anyone shed any light on that ? :confused:

I have PD: May 1 2002, CA SFO
Already recieved letter (last week of dec)
Already replied ..

Seems like no one having PD before me has recieved any letter till now (as per the information posted here)

Also before you guys assume that the letters are going by no order whatsoever you must understand that the people posting on this board constitute of maybe 10% of the 300,000 people who have their cases sent to the BEC's.

So as per my assesment, I seem to have recieved the letter when I should have as per FIFO by PD.

Thanks
ZB

Hmm...FIFO - My PD is June 19th 2002 and I read about someone with a PD beyond my RD (which is May 2003) receive a letter from BEC. Both our cases were from CA!!

BEC letters

Folks

I have my RD as May 12th 2003 from SFO, and I haven't received any letter. Wondering what policy is BEC adopting neither LIFO/FIFO/LILO. Observation on this thread points people with RD of October 2003 have already received it

Is there any way to find out to which BEC has the cases gone to based on the Regional case#. When trying to call the national service center it asks for a 10 digit code which apparently I dont know what it is.

Any pointers and help highly appreciated

sacbee said:
mnhrdc:

Is there a must to put level 2 wage?????
If the job title is software engineer not as sr software engineer and alien manages 0 people.

Through your comments!!!

EB2 requires 95% of level 2 or more for easy adjudication but you never know
H1B priv wages are different from the EB2 level wages.
Most of cases H1B wages paid are equal to level1 wages paid.
DOL wants underpaid allien should be paid equal or min to American worker
Most of us think we are better paid. :rolleyes:

The definition is that person does NOT require supervision but capable of managing others
Dot codes and designation are same but salary levels are different.

Last edited by a moderator: