Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Zany_Brainy said:
Can anyone shed any light on that ? :confused:

I have PD: May 1 2002, CA SFO
Already recieved letter (last week of dec)
Already replied ..

Seems like no one having PD before me has recieved any letter till now (as per the information posted here)

Also before you guys assume that the letters are going by no order whatsoever you must understand that the people posting on this board constitute of maybe 10% of the 300,000 people who have their cases sent to the BEC's.

So as per my assesment, I seem to have recieved the letter when I should have as per FIFO by PD.
Thanks
ZB

Can u give us more specific dates like CA SWA =PD Date,
CA SFO Reginoal Office=RD Date.

The transferr to BEC occured based on RD dates of SFO regional Office.

Bec letters were NOTdefinitely issued by PD dates (It is random) like File in Printout

After the data recapture, Quality check, the CAPS system will move the cases to next step of priviling wage,RIR/Non-RIR based on State PD if FIFO is applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what that means...

What you are saying translates to
"Processing (Adjudications) will start by June/July 2005. Because if they send out 300,000 letters and then wait to get reply for all of them and then re-enter the data and then prioritise and then start adjudication, it will take them at least 3-4 months more."

If that happens AILA (American Immigrant Lawyers Association) is going to sue the govt, they are frustrated already with the 3 month delay in the BEC process starting

By the way, my RD is already posted in this forum

PD: May 1 2002
RD: May 28 2003
EB2 / RIR

Thx
ZB

mnhrdc said:
Can u give us more specific dates like CA SWA =PD Date,
CA SFO Reginoal Office=RD Date.

The transferr to BEC occured based on RD dates of SFO regional Office.

Bec letters were NOTdefinitely issued by PD dates (It is random) like File in Printout

After the data recapture, Quality check, the CAPS system will move the cases to next step of priviling wage,RIR/Non-RIR based on State PD if FIFO is applied.

Zany_Brainy said:
"Processing (Adjudications) will start by June/July 2005. Because if they send out 300,000 letters and then wait to get reply for all of them and then re-enter the data and then prioritise and then start adjudication, it will take them at least 3-4 months more."

If that happens AILA (American Immigrant Lawyers Association) is going to sue the govt, they are frustrated already with the 3 month delay in the BEC process starting

EB2 / RIR

Thx
ZB

AILA keeps watching.

misunderstood said:
Hi Icarus,

Like the memo said earlier, could you please confirm that the unopened LC applications from the state SWA's with a PD before March 2003, have reached the Dallas BEC for the states that were slated for the Dallas BEC ?

Why are we seeing the 45 day letters for more recent applications from TX and CA only, while the older applications from 2001 have not had their 45 day letters sent out ?

Lastly, could you please comment on what to do if the 45 day letter gets lost in the mail ???? :confused:

Thanks.
As of 1/7, Dallas BEC has only received a small portion of SF state cases that were included with the regional cases sent last fall. No other state cases have been received. States have until 3/31 to forward "raw" cases to the BEC. Letters are not being sent in LO date order. As stated previously, FIFO will not be established until responses begin to arrive (currently have several hundred). As the integrity of the case is the applicant's (employer) responsibility, the BEC uses the address information given on the 750 form to send out letters. Unless notified by the postal service, the BEC would be unable to track misdirected or lost mail, thus the employer (or their agent/attorney) will need to inquire as to the status of the case to determine if a letter has been generated.

pnarayan said:
Folks

I have my RD as May 12th 2003 from SFO, and I haven't received any letter. Wondering what policy is BEC adopting neither LIFO/FIFO/LILO. Observation on this thread points people with RD of October 2003 have already received it

Is there any way to find out to which BEC has the cases gone to based on the Regional case#. When trying to call the national service center it asks for a 10 digit code which apparently I dont know what it is.

Any pointers and help highly appreciated
FIFO goes into effect when RESPONSES to the 45-day letter are received. The 10 digit code will be on the 45-day letter. It replaces the Paradox or P number assigned to the cases beyond the state level when DOL was processing cases prior to the BEC. The number will have a prefix of D or P (Dallas or Philadelphia) followed by a 10 digit number in the format of xxxxx-xxxxx. The first 5 digits is a Julian date indicating when the case data was entered i.e. 00705 would indicate a case entered on the 7th day of the year 2005 (1/7/05). The last five digits are assigned according to the order of data entry. (this counter is shared by both centers)

Zany_Brainy said:

Processing will begin as soon as the DOL opens the Analysis module for RIR/TR case processing. Analyst training has occurred so right now everything is pending on the system catching up. As responses are received, continuation and correction info will be entered and the case placed in the FIFO queue for analysis (one for RIR, one for TR). Processing will occur when that step is completed case by case, not when all 300K responses have been received. As stated previously in this forum, data entry alone will continue for at least another 14 months alone. And the AILA will get over it...they have to have something to bill hours for anyway...

Are the letters sent alphabetically?

Hi Icarus
I was going through another forum and it was suggested that the 45 day letters are being sent alphabetically according to the employer's name.
Could that be the reason for some people with PD May 2002 still waiting while the some with PD in 2003 getting the letters from Dallas BEC?
What's your take on it?

Icarus said:
Processing will begin as soon as the DOL opens the Analysis module for RIR/TR case processing. Analyst training has occurred so right now everything is pending on the system catching up. As responses are received, continuation and correction info will be entered and the case placed in the FIFO queue for analysis (one for RIR, one for TR). Processing will occur when that step is completed case by case, not when all 300K responses have been received. As stated previously in this forum, data entry alone will continue for at least another 14 months alone. And the AILA will get over it...they have to have something to bill hours for anyway...

aggie2000 said:
Still waiting for the 45-day letter......

Dallas DOL RD: 08-15-2003, RIR
software engineer

anybody in same boat?

Me too.STILL NO LETTER
CALDOL RD 08-20-2003
PD AUGUST 2002

spicensour said:
Hi Icarus
I was going through another forum and it was suggested that the 45 day letters are being sent alphabetically according to the employer's name.
Could that be the reason for some people with PD May 2002 still waiting while the some with PD in 2003 getting the letters from Dallas BEC?
What's your take on it?

So that would be FIAO (First In Alphabetical Out) not FIFO :).

That is not true. Some companies with names starting with A, B.. also have not received the letters.
I guess what people in DOL do is thay take the box that is closer to the door and start entering the data.
The randomnes of the received letters only suggest that they are going to wait till the last response is received and then start processing. Of course if they still try to stick to FIFO

Icarus said:
FIFO goes into effect when RESPONSES to the 45-day letter are received. The 10 digit code will be on the 45-day letter. It replaces the Paradox or P number assigned to the cases beyond the state level when DOL was processing cases prior to the BEC. The number will have a prefix of D or P (Dallas or Philadelphia) followed by a 10 digit number in the format of xxxxx-xxxxx. The first 5 digits is a Julian date indicating when the case data was entered i.e. 00705 would indicate a case entered on the 7th day of the year 2005 (1/7/05). The last five digits are assigned according to the order of data entry. (this counter is shared by both centers)
Dear Icarus,
Not trying to offend you but the thing u mentioned about the first 5 digit indicates the date of case entry is not correct. My case number alloted in the recent 45 ddays letter reads D-xxx88-xxxxx , so according to you the data was entered in 1988. Is it right? :confused:
thanks

Icarus

Need to know when will the 45 day letters start coming here to chicago? The Regional office here in chicago is infroming everyone that cases have been transfered to Dallas Bec but no letters have reached here? Any idea as to when will they get here?

BTW, do you have any idea of the contents of the shipment from Chicago RO to Dallas BEc? I mean the PD of the cases transfered?

Thanks

Charles

sudmoni said:
Dear Icarus,
Not trying to offend you but the thing u mentioned about the first 5 digit indicates the date of case entry is not correct. My case number alloted in the recent 45 ddays letter reads D-xxx88-xxxxx , so according to you the data was entered in 1988. Is it right? :confused:
thanks
My mistake...thanks for the correction....the year is the first 2 digits...the last 3 the Julian date....sound better? using your example, if the last 3 digits are 288, your case was entered in the data base on October 14th, 2004, and your case number would be D-04288-xxxxx. :rolleyes:

spicensour said:
Hi Icarus
What's your take on it?
Not sure what the rationale would be for doing it that way (not that the way they're doing it is much better) I do know that the whole philosophy behind the BEC is an attempt to streamline the process as much as possible. Obviously, it's an inexact science, but stopping to arrange thousands of files by employer alpha would probably take a month by itself...I do know that is not being done. Cartons of files are disbursed among the BEC staff after inventory in the order the file room staff pick them up. Again, no preference is being made to priority beyond: A. which files are included by the regional or state office to be included in a shipment and B. FIFO based upon LO date once a response to the 45-day letter has been received.

charlesmighty said:
Need to know when will the 45 day letters start coming here to chicago? The Regional office here in chicago is infroming everyone that cases have been transfered to Dallas Bec but no letters have reached here? Any idea as to when will they get here?

BTW, do you have any idea of the contents of the shipment from Chicago RO to Dallas BEc? I mean the PD of the cases transfered?

Thanks

Charles
Chicago data entry is being done currently. As soon as the letters in the queue for printing have been generated(off of previously entered cases from Dallas and SF), Chicago cases will soon join them. As of this point, PD range for Chicago cases has not been determined other than these are cases that have reached the RO level and have been determined by the DOL to fall within "backlog" parameters. Referring to DOL memo recently(if memory serves me), this would be pre-2004.

Icarus said:
My mistake...thanks for the correction....the year is the first 2 digits...the last 3 the Julian date....sound better? using your example, if the last 3 digits are 288, your case was entered in the data base on October 14th, 2004, and your case number would be D-04288-xxxxx. :rolleyes:
thanks for the reply and all your help.

Icarus said:
Not sure what the rationale would be for doing it that way (not that the way they're doing it is much better) I do know that the whole philosophy behind the BEC is an attempt to streamline the process as much as possible. Obviously, it's an inexact science, but stopping to arrange thousands of files by employer alpha would probably take a month by itself...I do know that is not being done. Cartons of files are disbursed among the BEC staff after inventory in the order the file room staff pick them up. Again, no preference is being made to priority beyond: A. which files are included by the regional or state office to be included in a shipment and B. FIFO based upon LO date once a response to the 45-day letter has been received.
Icarus, it seems to me that you really have some inside info. However, if the letters are sent out so randomly, FIFO is pratically a joke and it is a bad joke. As I can recall, Dallas and Philly Regionals had been prepared for months without doing any certification work before the two BECs were set up on August 20th, 2004. And until today, they have not figured out what priority to follow and how to print out the letters. My guess now is that they are going to wait until the last day to receive the responsing letters from the over 300,000 cases before any cases will be processed to make it look fair.

Zany_Brainy said:

EB2 / RIR

Thx
ZB

Zanny you misunderstood my answer , no where i said they will process only after entereing the last letter . Anyhow Icarus answered you.

Regarding the question of RD date, Just to know why more no. of people with RD May 2003 (rir sfo) have not yet recieved the bec letter.

Icarus said:
Chicago data entry is being done currently. As soon as the letters in the queue for printing have been generated(off of previously entered cases from Dallas and SF), Chicago cases will soon join them. As of this point, PD range for Chicago cases has not been determined other than these are cases that have reached the RO level and have been determined by the DOL to fall within "backlog" parameters. Referring to DOL memo recently(if memory serves me), this would be pre-2004.

Icarus

My attorney states for SFO RIR cases "Applications with regional office dates of July 2003 to September 2004 are being sent to the backlog processing center"

But we see quite a few of SFO CA RD cases with dates May and June 2003 also have recieved BEC45 day letter.

Coul you throw some info why there is a delay for SFO May and June 2003 cases .

I wish My attorney is wrong and we have to wait only a couple of weeks/months to recieve Bec letter.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarus said:

In very earlier posting it was said that Regional office was sending the Boxes to Bec centre by company names .
But at least this is not true at our company, Our company had filed 10 cases on same day but they have recieved Bec letters only for month July (1) and a few june 2003 (4) cases and not for May and remaing June (5) cases.

It looks depending on the shipment recieved date.

BEC How will they process applications once they receive the 45 day letters

Icarus,
Maybe you can put some light on this.

How BEC's will process the application once they receive the 45day letters. My attorney responded to my 45 day letter on 1/5/05, how long should I wait b4 I hear from BEC/UCIS again ???
Is there a number or AVM to call to check on pending cases with BEC to check for new approvals????? I am assuming the BEC has started working on cases already and they must have approved/denied some applications.

Please advise.

lalaker
State: TX
TWC : RD 2/12/2003
DOL : RD 9/8/2003
BEC : Letter 12/23/2004
BEC Response: 1/5/2005

Is there a number or AVM to call to check on pending cases with BEC to check for new approvals?????