Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

To Icarus

Hi, Icarus!

First of all, thank you very much for providing so much insight information on this board, I can see you do care about us :p

From what you know, do you see any case gets approved soon at dallas BEC? What's your estimation on when they will start to approve cases? Thanks again for responding!

Icarus

Good moring Icarus,

Nice weather in Dallas today. but the news spread from immigration-law.com freezed our expections...is that ture no any processing untill all the cases sorted after getting response from the employer? that means at least another half year delay? Personally I think FIFO is a fair policy. in one post you mentioned, the analyst will start process the case during the new year and so far already several hundreds of responses back...I only want to trust your source...Please give us some hope...thank you Icarus.

Icarus said:
Although some CO cases have been received that had risen to the Regional level, no shipments have been sent to the BEC as of yet from Denver. Per the DOL, the state has until 3/31/05 to forward backlogged cases at the state level to the BEC.

Icarus,
Thx for all the info provided by you.
Now, coming to case fm Denver - SWA: all unopened 01 & 02 cases have been moved to Dallas by Dec-04 end. My case moved on Dec-21st. The rest of the unopened cases will move into Dallas by Mar-05 end.
rgds,
LFGC
PD - Mar -02 - Reg - Denver

New

Hi Icarus,

what is LO date?

PD(state): jan 2004, NewMexico
RD(regional office Dallas): may 2004, Dallas
BEC : Letter Dec 15 2004

what is my LO date?

Appreciate all your information!!!!

LO date is your PD date: Jan 2004(the date you filed LC to state labor office). if you got BEC letter, the letter also said you submitted on Jan 2004...in ETA 750 A form, right lower corner, it has L.O date, S.O date, R.O date, but it is offical use. LO is your SWA received date. some state LO equal SO date. but in Texas, it is not. S.O date is texas SWA take care the case or forwarded it to Regional date. R.O date is Dallas region received your case package. Hope it helps.
snvlns said:
what is LO date?
PD(state): jan 2004, NewMexico
RD(regional office Dallas): may 2004, Dallas
BEC : Letter Dec 15 2004

lc4gc said:
LO date is your PD date: Jan 2004(the date you filed LC to state labor office). if you got BEC letter, the letter also said you submitted on Jan 2004...in ETA 750 A form, right lower corner, it has L.O date, S.O date, R.O date, but it is offical use. LO is your SWA received date. some state LO equal SO date. but in Texas, it is not. S.O date is texas SWA take care the case or forwarded it to Regional date. R.O date is Dallas region received your case package. Hope it helps.

Thanks!

Questions / comments

Icarus,

1) Are the BECs using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to enter ETA750 forms? It doesn't seem that way. Are the BECs at least scanning the forms? You wouldn't happen to know the brand of the imaging equipment?

2) Why is letter production going so slow? Please tell me there is batch processing and that each letter does not need to be printed individually? Stuffed in an envelope manually?

Thanks for your time

dawnbell,what was the PD for this case in CA?? sounds untrue if he indeed got an approval so fast

dawnbell said:
It seems like people are starting to get the letter, which is a good sign. Why all of sudden, people sound negative again about LC approval? Can't we expect to see approvals soon? My colleague told me (our cases are both filed in Dallas DOL) that his friend in CA has got his LC approved from Philly two weeks after he responded the letter. When can we see any light out of Dallas BEC, anybody?

dawnbell said:
It seems like people are starting to get the letter, which is a good sign. Why all of sudden, people sound negative again about LC approval? Can't we expect to see approvals soon? My colleague told me (our cases are both filed in Dallas DOL) that his friend in CA has got his LC approved from Philly two weeks after he responded the letter. When can we see any light out of Dallas BEC, anybody?

could u make sure that the ftriend of ur colleague got a letter from phil BEC and after his reply got an approval? in iother forums nobody mentioned that phili started processing applications. they r just sendin letters.

thanks for ur input.

dawnbell said:

dawnbell,

Could you please post your friends case details?

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

I felt suspesious as well when I heard it from my colleague. I will try to obtain detailed information from him, but I am not sure if I can suceed. After all, it is his friend not mine.

Don't keep your hope high though. If the news turned out to be faulse, sorry about it!

Got 45 day letter

PD Dec 2002
CA DOL
RD Dec 2003

Transferred to Dallas BEC.

Letter received Jan 10th 2005.

charlesmighty said:
Hi Icarus,

First of all I'd like to thank you for all ur info that u're giving us I thinks its a real help and really appreciate it.

Everyone is infromed from Chicago Regional that our cases have been transfered to Dallas Bec. When calling Dallas Bec they hae an automated system infroming us not to check status for 90 days after replying to 45 day letter, so 45 days+ 90 days + 30 for data entry, mailing time= 165 days. Which is 5 1/2 months before we know anything. Approvals is a question on everyone's mind. I'll appeciate if you could give us some insights as to when we can start expecting approvals? The 90 day period to which you refer is the time that the BEC is requesting that inquiries be kept to a minimum. If your response to the 45-day letter takes that long(45 days) to get back to the BEC, then unfortunately, your calculations are correct as to the amount of time lapse before you would receive a disposition (approve or intent to deny) will be in a expedited manner or will there be another Backlog ( god forbid that happens) just like the failure of current regional offices? Processing of cases will proceed following the guidelines for RIR or TR depending on the type of application. Cases will begin to be analyzed as soon as the capabilities are given (computer access and completed training) to the analysts. There will be no additional delay based upon the status of data entry or case receipt from the various regions or state offices.

Further, will they start adjudication of cases once they get 45 day letter reply or will they just start once they recive replies to all the backlogged cased from all regionl levels and state level cases? See above

sorry if I've asked some questions which have already been posted, appreciate ur patience.

Thanks once again

JustWatching said:
Icarus,

1) Are the BECs using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to enter ETA750 forms? It doesn't seem that way. Are the BECs at least scanning the forms? You wouldn't happen to know the brand of the imaging equipment?

2) Why is letter production going so slow? Please tell me there is batch processing and that each letter does not need to be printed individually? Stuffed in an envelope manually?

Thanks for your time
You must be a fly on the wall at BEC :) Forms are being entered manually, cases take 15-20 minutes on average each from data entry to letter generation. Although staffed with roughly 100 personnel, data entry accounts for only about half of the employees. This number should remain about constant as the remainder are (or will be) involved in RIR/TR analysis, Prevailing wage determination/verification, records management/mailroom, special cases, Team Exceed management and DOL staff and Certifying Officers.

Letters are sent to a printing queue as they are being generated. Once printed, they have to be matched to the file, copies of the 750 form pulled if corrections are needed, and envelopes stuffed by hand :( This process goes on from about 8:00 am until 1:00 pm when letter generation is suspended and focus is on completion of the printing, collating and stuffing, to make the mailroom and be out the door by the end of the day.

Icarus,
Are you saying that approving of cases at BEC will start soon? There are lot of posts today based on www.immigration-law.com info that BEC's will wait till all cases are entered in a national queue.

We are all anxious to know if it is true.

Thanks in advance for the response

ACS_78 said:
Icarus,
Are you saying that approving of cases at BEC will start soon? There are lot of posts today based on www.immigration-law.com info that BEC's will wait till all cases are entered in a national queue.

We are all anxious to know if it is true.

Thanks in advance for the response

In my humble opinion, I think that the interpretation of what is written in immigration-law.com is INCORRECT. It only states that a national queue will be created. No where does it say that the ENTIRE queue needs to built before processing begins.

Icarus said:
Letters are sent to a printing queue as they are being generated. Once printed, they have to be matched to the file, copies of the 750 form pulled if corrections are needed, and envelopes stuffed by hand :( This process goes on from about 8:00 am until 1:00 pm when letter generation is suspended and focus is on completion of the printing, collating and stuffing, to make the mailroom and be out the door by the end of the day.
Icarus, if the so called FIFO stands, why don't they enter the data for the oldest cases first. If what you are saying are true and the letters are generated this way, then those oldest cases must still be in storage boxes. My colleague had his case filed (Sept, 2004)15 months after I did. He has received the 45-day letter and I haven't. If they are starting to process cases today or soon, it is very likely his case will be done earlier than mine. Isn't that FIFO absurd? I thought after BECs were set up on August 20, 2004, all cases from Dallas and Philly Regionals had moved to BECs and data for those cases had been entered into their computer systems. But it seems that's not the case. I suspect the whole thing was started with a good intention, but has been screwed up due to poor management.

Last edited by a moderator: