Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ACS_78 said:
My emploter told me he got the letter from BEC today. He is sending it to the lawyer for response. I did not ask him for what is inside the letter.

PD: RIR Aug 2002
RD: Feb 2003
Thx a lot!!! Which DOL has your case been transferred from?

GCD

Icarus said:
By the end of next week(12/31/04), regional office cases received by Dallas BEC will include those from Dallas, half of S.F. and cases from Chicago. No priority is given based upon the source of the file during the data entry/letter printing phase, and only once a response is received to the 45-day letter from the employer or their agent/atty, do the cases get prioritized, FIFO by Local Office received date, into two queues, RIR and Traditional for further processing.

so are the letters going out at random because I understand that the letters are going out for cases that have been entered - and no priority to determine which cases get entered adds an incalculable delay to everything!!

nother1inline said:
so are the letters going out at random because I understand that the letters are going out for cases that have been entered - and no priority to determine which cases get entered adds an incalculable delay to everything!!

Please update the info if you recieve BEC letters with RD and State so that Non texans can also track this info.

GP can somebody maintain a xl spread sheet with info of sate and RD dates on this tracker, so that trend can be watched. This is only a suggestion.

Curerntly TX Feb 2003 and May 2003 cases have recieved the BEC letrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
nother1inline said:
cases are entered as they are received. If 10,000 cases come from S.F.(as they did to Dallas) they get disbursed among BEC employees entering data box by box until completed. At the present, all data entry has been completed for files received to date (original files received from Dallas RO and S.F.) letters are being generated from these files in roughly the same order that the data entry was accomplished. This will continue until completed. At the same time, as additional cases are received (from Chicago and elsewhere) they will be entered by data entry employees and letters will continue to be generated daily. As very few responses have been received, obviously, additional personnel are assisting in this process. As letters come in, however, personnel will revert to their original function, be it RIR analyst, TR analyst, Prevailing Wage, etc. in an assembly line process working on cases FIFO by Local Office Received date priority. Incalcuable-possibly, insurmountable/impossible-not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago cases at Dallas BRC

Icarus,

My Chicago PD is Jan 05, 2004. Chicago is currently stuck at Dec 24th, 2003. Do you know if my case would have a chance of being transferred to the Dallas BRC and is among the ones for which these letters are being sent out?

gc_oomph

icarus???????????

Icarus,

Thank you so much for your information. I was wondering if you know exactly what date cases are being transfered to Dallas BEC from Chicago regional. Rite now chicago is stuck at Aug2002 for Non-rir and Dec 24th,2003 for Rir. So do you know if chicago will finish processing these cases and transfer rest of them or will it just send everything that is pending to dallas Bec?

Further do you know if any of the chicagoans got this 45day letter yet or is chicago still being inventorized into their comp system?

My PD is march 2001
Rd: is aug 2002
From chicago

any idea how soon I can get this so called 45 day letter?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Charles

charlesmighty said:
Icarus,

Thank you so much for your information. I was wondering if you know exactly what date cases are being transfered to Dallas BEC from Chicago regional. Rite now chicago is stuck at Aug2002 for Non-rir and Dec 24th,2003 for Rir. So do you know if chicago will finish processing these cases and transfer rest of them or will it just send everything that is pending to dallas Bec?

Further do you know if any of the chicagoans got this 45day letter yet or is chicago still being inventorized into their comp system?
Contents of the shipment from Chicago are unknown other than that the cases being sent have qualified as "backlogged". Cases being sent have not been processed by Chicago other than having received a Regional Office received date. All processing on forwarded cases will be accomplished at the BEC. The cases have not been received in Dallas as of today but it is understood that they are en route. Once these cases have been inventoried, and data entry accomplished, 45-day letters will begin to be generated and sent out. You're probably looking at several weeks at least before letters begin to arrive back in the region.

Hi Icarus,

My GC labor is filed on the 1st Aug'2004. WY is processing 12th July last time i checked with the office. But the troubling part is, the lady responsible at WY office told me that all the unopened applications filed untill 12/2004 will be transferred to Dallas BEC. I tried to clarify again with her asking that, apps filed before 12/2003 are supposed to go by end of this year and apps filed between dec'2003 and dec'2004 should go by Mar'2004. She disagreed and said, all the unopened apps will go to BEC by the end of this year.

What do you think is happenning? Is she lying or not clear on the DOL procedures?

Kiran

kiranvahaja said:
Hi Icarus,

My GC labor is filed on the 1st Aug'2004. WY is processing 12th July last time i checked with the office. But the troubling part is, the lady responsible at WY office told me that all the unopened applications filed untill 12/2004 will be transferred to Dallas BEC. I tried to clarify again with her asking that, apps filed before 12/2003 are supposed to go by end of this year and apps filed between dec'2003 and dec'2004 should go by Mar'2004. She disagreed and said, all the unopened apps will go to BEC by the end of this year.

What do you think is happenning? Is she lying or not clear on the DOL procedures?

Kiran
Hi Kiran,

I remember your posting in Wyoming thread, do you have any idea about the current processing time at Wyoming ,my application RD is July 16,2004.Appreciate your response.

Thanks

kris

Icarus said:
cases are entered as they are received. If 10,000 cases come from S.F.(as they did to Dallas) they get disbursed among BEC employees entering data box by box until completed. At the present, all data entry has been completed for files received to date (original files received from Dallas RO and S.F.) letters are being generated from these files in roughly the same order that the data entry was accomplished. This will continue until completed. At the same time, as additional cases are received (from Chicago and elsewhere) they will be entered by data entry employees and letters will continue to be generated daily. As very few responses have been received, obviously, additional personnel are assisting in this process. As letters come in, however, personnel will revert to their original function, be it RIR analyst, TR analyst, Prevailing Wage, etc. in an assembly line process working on cases FIFO by Local Office Received date priority. Incalcuable-possibly, insurmountable/impossible-not.

Thanks for the response - now, do you/does anyone have an idea of the exact start and end dates of cases from sf dol sent to Dallas BEC. 10,000 cases starting from May 1st or May 5th (as posted someone earlier)??!

lc4gc said:
I got phone call from the lawyer, and I got my 45 days letter
on the first page. the new ETA case number is assigned as D-*****-*****
Alien's name, occumpation and date of acceptance for processing:Sep. **, 2002. (TWA receicved my LC application, L.O or Priority date).

it was printed on Dec 17 2004, and deadline is 01/31/2005 (45 days including weekend)

Enclosure:
1.selection of continuation option letter (withdraw or continue)

2. corrections list: (I received it because they need my company's proof the business, since my company headquter is in MD, I am working in Dallas...also the phone number in 750a is Dallas number, not MD number. they could not verify the company is real)

3. form ETA 750A&b (address is not matched in 750 A and B....don't know how it happened at the beginning...)

I received 1.2.3, but some other letters are only has selction of continuation letter. so I guess each case is different.

I guess the most important is how to reply the letter with proof of the company...need the documents from MD..sigh...not as simple as I thought..

share it with your guys since everyone wants to know what inside of letter...me too.

good luck.......

Is your case from Dallas DOL and what was your RO date? As you mention, your LO date is Sept'02, right?

lc4gc said:
I got phone call from the lawyer, and I got my 45 days letter
on the first page. the new ETA case number is assigned as D-*****-*****
Alien's name, occumpation and date of acceptance for processing:Sep. **, 2002. (TWA receicved my LC application, L.O or Priority date).

it was printed on Dec 17 2004, and deadline is 01/31/2005 (45 days including weekend)

Enclosure:
1.selection of continuation option letter (withdraw or continue)

2. corrections list: (I received it because they need my company's proof the business, since my company headquter is in MD, I am working in Dallas...also the phone number in 750a is Dallas number, not MD number. they could not verify the company is real)

3. form ETA 750A&b (address is not matched in 750 A and B....don't know how it happened at the beginning...)

I received 1.2.3, but some other letters are only has selction of continuation letter. so I guess each case is different.

I guess the most important is how to reply the letter with proof of the company...need the documents from MD..sigh...not as simple as I thought..

share it with your guys since everyone wants to know what inside of letter...me too.

good luck.......

Lc4Gc detail:
working location: Dallas, TX
TWC:Sep-** 2002,
Dallas DOL: Feb-** 2003,
BEC 45-letter printed: Dec 17 2004
BEC 45-letter response deadline: Jan 31, 2005.

This is probably a good sign. Atleast their software is working. So when they actually take up ur case for processing they should be done with it quickly.
--murali

lc4gc said:
Icarus posted that "2000 letters printed each day"... so sooner or later, you will receive your 45 letters. and somebody already received it but no one has seen it or post the contents.

the new center is called Dallas Backlog Processing Center. now they are working.

ICARUS,

now that letters r sent, the most important thing now is to know when the processing of applicatons will start and how many applications will be cleared approximately every month?

sending and returning letters will not solve the problem if the processing is slow.

regards,

H1 extension & LC application

gp111 said:
You can get extension based upon I-140 Pending (1 uear extensions) or Approved I-140 & Cannot file I-485 Due to Retrogression (3 year extension)

Silly question, My LC (RIR EB3) is still in Chicago RO, can I get the extension when my H1 expires (6 years)?

RIR from Chicago RO

ICARUS,

My case(RIR EB-3) is received in Chicago RO on Feb 18, 2004:
1) Will this case be sent to Dallas(BEC) or be possibly processed in Chicago?

2) If I withdraw this EB-3 case, and apply for a EB-2 in Jan 2005 before PERM takes in effect, will it be processed at NPC(Chicago) or BEC(Dallas)?

Thanks

seaman said:
Silly question, My LC (RIR EB3) is still in Chicago RO, can I get the extension when my H1 expires (6 years)?

No Question is Silly !..

Yes you can.. as long as LC was applied before end of 5th year of H1 (LC must be pending for more then 365 days to be eligible for H1 extension)

My lawyer also informed me today that he got the letter from Dallas center. They also want the business proof of the employer. Looks like they are demanding many things just to make sure that the case is genuine.I am happy that we got some response

What was your DOL receipt date

Sudmoni,
Can you please tell us what your DOL receipt date was ??? This will help all of us to estimate when to expect our letters.

Thanks

Lalaker