Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Icarus
is there any preference in posting letters based on original state where the case is filed ?
My case - PD march 2002 - filed from Oklahoma
received in RO, Dallas march 2004
Do you see any possible date range when we may get the mail ?

thanks

lalaker said:
Can someone provide contact numbers for Dallas BEC???
Contact information for Dallas BEC:

Dallas Backlog Center

John Bartlett, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 700 North Perl Street, Suite N400, Dallas, TX 75211

T:214-767-4980

F:214-767-4788

rhythmram said:
My State got cleared and moved to Chic Regional Office In Feb 2004...
will my case be transfered to dallas BEC...Icarus do you have any info regarding how and when will the Chic DOL cases are moved to dallas.....

Thanks
The files are being inventoried and shipped presently....inventorying and file preparation should begin next week with data entry scheduled to begin the first part of 01/05.

nother1inline said:
If 500 cases from SF DOL have gone to Dallas BEC, any idea what dates that might cover - May 1st to ...?
20,000 cases were divided roughly equally between Phil. and Dallas. Actual LO date range is unavailable right now.

mamidikaya said:
Icarus
is there any preference in posting letters based on original state where the case is filed ?
My case - PD march 2002 - filed from Oklahoma
received in RO, Dallas march 2004
Do you see any possible date range when we may get the mail ?

thanks
Currently letters are being generated roughly in the order the data was entered into the PBLS system. This means that files entered back in October will have letters generated first. Right now, letter production is averaging about 1200 letters a day.

Icarus,

Do you have any update on Philly BEC? I have been watching this thread closely and I see lot of activities with Dallas BEC but on the other side with Philly BEC no one knows, what’s going on?

Thanks in Advance,

AwardMyGC

Icarus said:
20,000 cases were divided roughly equally between Phil. and Dallas. Actual LO date range is unavailable right now.

AwardMyGC said:
Icarus,

Do you have any update on Philly BEC? I have been watching this thread closely and I see lot of activities with Dallas BEC but on the other side with Philly BEC no one knows, what’s going on?

Thanks in Advance,

AwardMyGC
Probably get more from Akela or Tomshu on the Philly BEC thread. Source currently has Dallas info only as BEC's are somewhat autonomous. Haven't heard any "bad" news re: Philly, so presume that they are progressing about equally.

Hi Icarus,

My case was filed at CA-SWA as Non-RIR in Feb. 2003.

- As of today where my case/file will be?
- When can I expect my case to be shifted to RO?
- When can I get LC clearance?
- Do I have any chance?

I'll appreciate your input

Thanks in advance.

what is this 45-day letter

I m sorry I m asking this but What is this 45-day letter..can anybody shed more light on that?
also anybody have their LC transferred from MI SWA?
My
PD-MI RIR EB2 sep 26th 2003.

gfgc said:
I m sorry I m asking this but What is this 45-day letter..can anybody shed more light on that?
also anybody have their LC transferred from MI SWA?
My
PD-MI RIR EB2 sep 26th 2003.
45-day letter as it is currently used at the Backlog Elimination Center, is a confirmation to the employer/attorney that the BEC has received the case from whatever source, and that the respondent has 45 days to respond indicating an interest in continued processing of the case. This letter also gives the respondent an opportunity to correct any errors found on the original application. Cases that have no response or an incomplete response after 45 days from the letter, are closed and the applicant/employer is free to re-apply for LC for the beneficiary (alien) if desired but the application will be assigned a later Priority Date (which will be the date the renewed application is received by the SWA).

misunderstood said:
There are scores of unopened cases in state level, and scores more unopened cases in the regional level that have received state clearance and moved to regional and sitting there.

Will all the unopened cases, both state and regional, be shipped in the same boxes and the priority assigned based solely on the receipt date at the state level ?the files will be shipped seperately by the respective office, regional or state. Once a response has been received to the 45 day letter, cases will be prioritized by FIFO, irregardless of the file's source.

In other words, is the SWA receipt date the only basis for the FIFO system now. yesIf not, the BEC, BRC or NPC, will have to deal with two FIFO systems, right, one for state and one for regional ?

I think the answer to the above two questions will clear a lot of confusion from a lot of people where some have applications still in state level, some in regional level, some opened, some unopened, and from different states. So, its going to: Guys, its one Q, thats by the SWA receipt date only.

Also, regardless of how quickly one receives the letter of transfer from Dallas BEC, i think its the date of the original filing that determines when that particular file will be picked for processing.

This is how I am assuming that it progresses, please correct me if I am wrong.:

When that file gets picked up in FIFO order, then the next question that officer will have is whether a reply was received for the transfer notice, and if there was a reply, then that file will be picked up. If not, he/she moves to the next file in the FIFO Que. If not, there will be another priority based on when the reply was received to the notice of the transfer to the Dallas BEC...????
FIFO priority is not determined until a response has been received to the 45 day letter indicating a desire to continue with the application. Also, all application errors noted on the 45-day letter must be addressed collectively in the response for processing to continue.
Thanks.
If no response is received, or all corrections are not made, case processing ceases. However, if the employer is still interested in getting LC for a beneficiary, they are free to refile, the only penalty is that PD will be pushed back (forward?) to the date that the case is refiled with the SWA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the duplicate post.

Problem with my case is that my H1 is expiring very soon and I need to apply for 7th yr. extension. Can I apply for an extension?

sakiv_us said:
Sorry for the duplicate post.

Problem with my case is that my H1 is expiring very soon and I need to apply for 7th yr. extension. Can I apply for an extension?

Yes You can.. Just attach the State (SWA) receipt of your LC application with extension

EB2 or EB3

I am following this thread for a long time and recently registered.
Is there a way to know by looking at the Labor application and say if it was filed as EB2 or EB3?

Thanks

ACS_78 said:
I am following this thread for a long time and recently registered.
Is there a way to know by looking at the Labor application and say if it was filed as EB2 or EB3?

Thanks

Labor does not have EB Categories... If the JOB Requires Masters Degree or Advanced Abilities (BS + 5 years or more Progressive Experience) & its mentioned in LC, you can file I-140 in EB-2 Category with that LC.