Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

EB2 or EB3

Thanks GP111. Looks like mine will be EB3. So, even if my labor gets cleared soon, I will not be able to go for concurrent filing of 140/485.

Any one has any ideas when the EB3 might become current again for 485? Will it even be next year or only in 2006?

Thanks

gp111 said:
Labor does not have EB Categories... If the JOB Requires Masters Degree or Advanced Abilities (BS + 5 years or more Progressive Experience) & its mentioned in LC, you can file I-140 in EB-2 Category with that LC.

Hi gp111

If filed only 140 in EB3 due to this current situation but H1 6 years period expires before filing 485. What will be the status for us and how can we continue working here. Can we extend H1 7th year even after our labor got cleared? Thanks

Srihar said:
Hi gp111

If filed only 140 in EB3 due to this current situation but H1 6 years period expires before filing 485. What will be the status for us and how can we continue working here. Can we extend H1 7th year even after our labor got cleared? Thanks

You can get extension based upon I-140 Pending (1 uear extensions) or Approved I-140 & Cannot file I-485 Due to Retrogression (3 year extension)

ACS_78 said:
Thanks GP111. Looks like mine will be EB3. So, even if my labor gets cleared soon, I will not be able to go for concurrent filing of 140/485.

Any one has any ideas when the EB3 might become current again for 485? Will it even be next year or only in 2006?

Thanks

It depends on whats your PD ?

gp111 said:
It depends on whats your PD ?

My PD is August 2002. This is on the letter I got from my lawyer long time back. The state labor got approved in Feb 2003 and it went to DOL in Feb 2003. RIR application. Since then it is there. Based on this, when do you think I would be able to file for 485?

Thanks a lot for the responses

ACS_78 said:
My PD is August 2002. This is on the letter I got from my lawyer long time back. The state labor got approved in Feb 2003 and it went to DOL in Feb 2003. RIR application. Since then it is there. Based on this, when do you think I would be able to file for 485?

Thanks a lot for the responses

If Dates do not retrogress further anymore, you should be able to file I-485 in next 6 to 8 months.

Hi,
I got a pre approved labor under EB3 category from my employer.Because of the
retrogession which will effect from Jan2005 we want to apply for I485 along with I140 before Jan05.
Now my question is will I be able to get workpermit and AP if i apply before Jan 2005?.
Because when I asked the lawyer he said he was not sure about it but everyone is hoping for that .
I know that even then we need to wait for I485 to process until my Labor applied date matches the Priority date set by BCIS(which is right now Jan2002).
Please reply me if anyone know about this situation.I don't know wether this is the right form to ask this question but incase let me know which one is correct one to post this.
Thank You in Advance,
Awaiting for your valuable answer....

gp111 said:
You can get extension based upon I-140 Pending (1 uear extensions) or Approved I-140 & Cannot file I-485 Due to Retrogression (3 year extension)

so till we get the EAD can we extend our H1 status!
Thanks for your prompt informations.

Letter from BEC

Guys,

Got a call from attorney on Friday evening that he got a letter from BEC.
I can get more details on Monday.

Applied for RIR Labor from TX in Nov 2002.
Application moved to RO/Federal in May 2003.

Thanks,
SR

Cases from Oklahoma

Does anybody have an idea how many cases are pending in Dallas backlog reduction center from Oklahoma ?

Thanks

mamidikaya said:
Does anybody have an idea how many cases are pending in Dallas backlog reduction center from Oklahoma ?

Thanks
Don't have an exact figure, but there have been a number of cases forwarded to the Dallas BEC from the Dallas Regional Office so far.

Is there any order to the letters being sent? My RIR LC was sent to DOL in Feb 2003. My lawyer did not get any letter from BEC so far.

sreesiri said:
Hi,
I got a pre approved labor under EB3 category from my employer.Because of the
retrogession which will effect from Jan2005 we want to apply for I485 along with I140 before Jan05.
Now my question is will I be able to get workpermit and AP if i apply before Jan 2005?.
Because when I asked the lawyer he said he was not sure about it but everyone is hoping for that .
I know that even then we need to wait for I485 to process until my Labor applied date matches the Priority date set by BCIS(which is right now Jan2002).
Please reply me if anyone know about this situation.I don't know wether this is the right form to ask this question but incase let me know which one is correct one to post this.
Thank You in Advance,
Awaiting for your valuable answer....

Depends on how fast your application gets processed. There is chance that your application might not get to the point where they can issue EAD and AP. I wouldn't count on getting those before Jan 1 2005. But this retrogression has nothing to do with when you file your case. If I were you I will go ahead and file for I-485 ASAP and hope my case will be processed before the cut-off date becomes effective so that I could at least get my EAD in 90 days.

lawyer @ dallas receiving 45-day letters

lawyer's office received between 5 to 10 letters today (not mice yet, though!). Hopefully things will gear up...

phone number - do not call

Hi Folks,

There is a Phone number posted in this thread. Please do not call them, as it belongs to a Social Security Office, not BEC. That lady was kind enough to answer politely and I respect that.

Contact information for Dallas BEC:
Dallas Backlog Center
John Bartlett, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 700 North Perl Street, Suite N400, Dallas, TX 75211
T:214-767-4980
F:214-767-4788

Icarus said:
Don't have an exact figure, but there have been a number of cases forwarded to the Dallas BEC from the Dallas Regional Office so far.

Where all does the Dallas BEC have cases from? And if the cases are from different regional offices, is there any priority assigned to get to them or is it just random, e.g. if a case from Dallas regional comes up then Dallas and if its followed by a case from CA regional then CA !@!!

PD: June 2002
RD: May 2003, CA

Dates for letters from BEC

Can someone please tell me when to expect the letter from BEC ?
Case details:
Filed for RIR 2/27/2003
Case transferred to Regiioanl Office 8/5/2003

The lawyer has not heard anything so far,
Rohit

nother1inline said:
Where all does the Dallas BEC have cases from? And if the cases are from different regional offices, is there any priority assigned to get to them or is it just random, e.g. if a case from Dallas regional comes up then Dallas and if its followed by a case from CA regional then CA !@!!

PD: June 2002
RD: May 2003, CA
By the end of next week(12/31/04), regional office cases received by Dallas BEC will include those from Dallas, half of S.F. and cases from Chicago. No priority is given based upon the source of the file during the data entry/letter printing phase, and only once a response is received to the 45-day letter from the employer or their agent/atty, do the cases get prioritized, FIFO by Local Office received date, into two queues, RIR and Traditional for further processing.

Any details on BEC letters?

There were a number of posts about letters recvd from BECs. Guys if your employer/attorney did receive a letter, please post details on your case, and letter contents...

Thx,
GDC

My emploter told me he got the letter from BEC today. He is sending it to the lawyer for response. I did not ask him for what is inside the letter.

PD: RIR Aug 2002
RD: Feb 2003