Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Desi Unlucky said:
I have about 9 years of experience. All the experience is with the current and only employer i was with. I know that EB2's minimum requirement is Masters or 5+ years of experience.

My current employer has filed for GC in the EB2 category. Off late I heard different versions. Some say experience with current employer does not count ..... Is there any truth to this argument ?

PD: 11-FEB-2005
VA/EB2/RIR
45 Day Replied: March - 2006

I am no authority but as far I know the experience with the current employer doesn't count.

Desi Unlucky said:
I have about 9 years of experience. All the experience is with the current and only employer i was with. I know that EB2's minimum requirement is Masters or 5+ years of experience.

My current employer has filed for GC in the EB2 category. Off late I heard different versions. Some say experience with current employer does not count ..... Is there any truth to this argument ?

PD: 11-FEB-2005
VA/EB2/RIR
45 Day Replied: March - 2006

My attorney had told me that the experience with the current employer does not count. Hence, we had to apply EB3.

Kupondole

IOWA - Case Closed

bostonian_27 said:
Anyone applied in IOWA around March 2004 and moved to Dallas BEC still awaiting approval/approved?

Hi bostonian_27,

My PD is June 2004. My case is under EB2/RIR. On July 31st 2006 Dallas BEC replied to my attorney that my case was closed. After attorney contacted BEC with proof they accepted the mistake and re-instated the case with original PD.

My attorney is worst than BEC. She just told me that case was re-instated and did not provide any furhter details like when it was closed and when they will start processing the case, what was the reson for closing. So I'm hoping that the case was really re-opened and the closure was not due to failure by my attorney to respond to any previous communication from BEC.

I know a guy who applied at IOWA SWA somewhere around same time and did not receive 45 day letter and last week he received the labor approval. I hope this is the case with you and not like mine.

Good luck!

45 day letter

DilDol said:
Hi bostonian_27,

My PD is June 2004. My case is under EB2/RIR. On July 31st 2006 Dallas BEC replied to my attorney that my case was closed. After attorney contacted BEC with proof they accepted the mistake and re-instated the case with original PD.

My attorney is worst than BEC. She just told me that case was re-instated and did not provide any furhter details like when it was closed and when they will start processing the case, what was the reson for closing. So I'm hoping that the case was really re-opened and the closure was not due to failure by my attorney to respond to any previous communication from BEC.

I know a guy who applied at IOWA SWA somewhere around same time and did not receive 45 day letter and last week he received the labor approval. I hope this is the case with you and not like mine.

Good luck!

Hello DilDol

Thanks for the info. Did you check with the attorney if they recieved your 45 day letter. That could be one reason why the case could be closed and have to be reopened as you mentioned. But make sure the attorney took care of it.
I didnt hear anything from my company/attorney about my labor approval yet. But I heard the cases approvals are very random. Is that what everyone else sees?

Could anyone else applied in IOWA around March 2004 respond if they recieved approval/45 day letter please.

Thanks.

kanke said:
Can you please explain the recruitment process. Is it the same as paper advertisement,waiting for other applicant's response for the same job ,etc .....I have done that part while my case was with the state before moving to regional.Do I have to do it again???????
Can you also tell what comes after the Data review? Is it still a really long ride.
Thanks

Sorry, I sent another email to my lawyers for details on recruitment process, I haven't heard from her.

On your specific case, if I remember correctly, recruitment process only happens at the state level. You don't have to do it again at the regional level.

Thanks, TiredDesi !

Thanks, TiredDesi !

Somewhere I read that the system will generate recruitment authorization letter, then lawyer has to send draft ad format to DBEC, the DBEC officer will send back approval. Only then the lawyer will start the AD process.

Just wanted to confirm if they are following this crappy process, while they approve RIR cases blindly. Shall appreciate your further update, please.

Thanks !

TiredDesi said:
Sorry, I sent another email to my lawyers for details on recruitment process, I haven't heard from her.

On your specific case, if I remember correctly, recruitment process only happens at the state level. You don't have to do it again at the regional level.

lviswa said:
Hi,
Atleast Philadelphia seems to be following a pattern of approvals whereas the Dallas BEC is doing mostly 2004 and once in a blue moon 2003 cases.. all is forgotten about 2001 cases! Where is the concept of FIFO! The people who filed in 2004 and 2005 (sorry, nothing against you personally) are getting approvals versus 2001ers. People who filed in 2004 cannot file I-485 because of retrogression, and those who can, are stuck in labor department! Backlog is growing exponentially at various levels now! :mad: There is nobody to ask! Emails sent for screenshot are ignored.. Employers/attorneys are helpless!

If we know what the trend is, we can wait for our turn.. But if it is a case of random selection of cases that are approved, what can we do?

Any analysis on the current trend in Dallas BEC?

Case at Dallas BEC, EB2/RIR/CA
45 day letter replied and received at Dallase BEC 7/21/06
Labor approval : Waiting!!

lViswa,

At this time I don't think any of us can offer anything other than sympathy. Anyone would shudder to be in your shoes - waiting for 5 years just for the labor is like spending a sixth of your life hanging by a thread.

One update though - you can't file for I-485 at this time, even if your labor got approved because EB2 is unavailable.

As for the trend - most of the approvals are in late 2004 these days. There was a distinct trend earlier, that when they issued a 45-day letter, the approval came within 2-4 weeks, sometimes even earlier, and rarely later. No more. I notived about 4-5 approvals in the last 2 weeks - most were Nov 2004. Some had 45-day letters replied in May, some in July.

My labor got approved!

Hi all,

My attorney recieved my labor approval today! I thank you all for the support and information on this board! I'm especially grateful to Justwatching, who started the tracker.

45-day letter replied: 7/6/06
Labor cert recieved: 8/7/06

xusch said:
Hi all,

I have been a silent observer. I recieved my 45 day letter today. My info is as follows,

CA RIR/EB2
ETA Case: T-05216-xxxxx
Priority Date: 01/05/2005
Case Status: blank
Case Source: STATE
45 Day Letter Received: 6/30/2006

Got my labor approved today

Hi,

I've received my labor approval today. Below is my information:

PD: Dec 20th, 2004 , CA
RD: Never reached to regional
45 Days letter received: June 2nd, 2006
45 Days letter replied: June 15th, 2006

Good luck to all of you, See u in 140 forum.

BEC case status checking

Do you have any idea where to check the pending BEC LC status online? Actually I wonder if the system is up and running now. It seems there is a temporary periodic of time during which some of us tried it. If it is still not up, do you have any idea when it is going to be available to those unfortunate people like us

Thanks a lot.
Case: RIR EB2
State: CA
Priority Date: 12/23/2003
Reginal: Jan, 2005
45 Days letter replied: 6/20/2005
LC Approval: Waiting

xusch said:
Hi all,

My attorney recieved my labor approval today! I thank you all for the support and information on this board! I'm especially grateful to Justwatching, who started the tracker.

45-day letter replied: 7/6/06
Labor cert recieved: 8/7/06

congrats. Are you a software professional or teacher(special handling cases).

congrats

nice to see some approvals, congratulations for those who got LC approval notice.it gives us (who are still waiting) some hope to hang in there.

I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After almost 2 years my lawyer wrote me and told me my LC was approved. What should be good news is causing me a lot of grief. The problem is this: I work(ed) for an office that had a contract with the county to provide services. On June 30, 2006, the county gave that contract to a new provider. Although my job, title, responsibilities etc are the same, and the door has the same name as the old office, the new employer obviously has a different federal taxpayer ID # etc. My lawyer says she has NO idea if the I-140 will be approved. Now what do I do? I have another job offer that I accepted under the belief that I would NEVER get my LC. Do I pay the money and hope but let the other job go? Any ideas anyone?

Labor approved DBEC

Just got the approval message from my attorney. Attached information is for the tracker. Thanks to all members of this forum.

DBEC Case no.: D-05199-xxxxx
Priority Date: 11-19-2004
STATE SWA: Illinois
EB2 or EB3: EB2
RIR or Regular: RIR
45-day letter: received June 23; replied June 27
Certified: July 26, 2006

PERM replacing RIR with same Priority Date?

Gurus,

Need your help very urgent. My employer is going to convert 2004 RIR to PERM and mentioned me that i can still have same Priority Date.

1. If i apply by perm can i still retain Priority Date?
2. Is it good idea to take this step now?

Please advise me.

gcfight said:
Gurus,

Need your help very urgent. My employer is going to convert 2004 RIR to PERM and mentioned me that i can still have same Priority Date.

1. If i apply by perm can i still retain Priority Date?
2. Is it good idea to take this step now?

Please advise me.

My employer told me that RIR cannot be converted to PERM..instead they will file PERM separately..it's called dual filing...whichever gets approved first, you get that priority date. This can be good for people from non-retrogessed countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Important

If you receive a screen shot or approval please make sure that your name is spelled correctly. My first name as well as last name was misspelled. Attorney did send request for correction immediately but knowing DOL's way of working I'm not sure how they will butcher the spelling of my name while trying to correct it.

EB2/RIR/ PD: June 2004 (case re-opned July 31st 06)

GC Still Waiting

HI,

My Husband got the 45 Day letter around May Last Week and Replied on First week of June . Not Sure we haven't Heard anything from INS.BUt i see lot of cases around that period are recieving approvals

Just wondering if any cases in IOWA are approved .He is in his 7th year of extension.

PD:7/28/2004
45 Day Letter Received :05/28/2006
45 Day Letter Applied :06/10/2006
LC till waiting