Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

IS There a way to find out exact PD from Case number ?

Can someone explain me how to get a exact PD from Case Number ?

Thanks,
easygcmn

Hmmm....

dreamworld said:
Still Waiting for my labor approval in mail from Dallas.

Today i have got a copy of approval in mail from Phili, but it is to somebody who lived in my apartment sometimes before i moved in.

State: CA
PD: July2002
Approved: July2006

I hope the company and lawyer will get the original approval notice.

GOD... what to say...send my approval to me..

Did you know that opening mails that are not yours is a Federal Offense?

TiredDesi said:
Sorry, I sent another email to my lawyers for details on recruitment process, I haven't heard from her.

On your specific case, if I remember correctly, recruitment process only happens at the state level. You don't have to do it again at the regional level.

TiredDesi,

How did you find out that your case was closed? Did you send an email to BEC yourself?

My supervisor called the 202 number and asked the status of my case, and he got reply that it is in processing queue. and asked to call back in few months!!

mma0604 said:
My employer told me that RIR cannot be converted to PERM..instead they will file PERM separately..it's called dual filing...whichever gets approved first, you get that priority date. This can be good for people from non-retrogessed countries.

My employer did the same...my original case was stuck at dallas bec is traditional eb2 with priority date nov 2003...recently my parallel perm was approved....company further filed I140 using the perm approved labor (implies using perm pririty dat of may 2006).

I am nto sure if the parallel perm approved labor + 140 can use the original pending traditional labor priority date (nov 2003) instead of the perm priority date (may 2006).

Can you please clarify?

as far as transfering traditional bec stuck labor to perm...my lawyer says teh path could be stringent and results may not be achieved untill at least 9 months...as the perm application will be strictly scrutinised to match the traditional it is replacing. please do further research before takign a step..as it is irreversible.

sreeakshay said:
My employer did the same...my original case was stuck at dallas bec is traditional eb2 with priority date nov 2003...recently my parallel perm was approved....company further filed I140 using the perm approved labor (implies using perm pririty dat of may 2006).

I am nto sure if the parallel perm approved labor + 140 can use the original pending traditional labor priority date (nov 2003) instead of the perm priority date (may 2006).

Can you please clarify?

as far as transfering traditional bec stuck labor to perm...my lawyer says teh path could be stringent and results may not be achieved untill at least 9 months...as the perm application will be strictly scrutinised to match the traditional it is replacing. please do further research before takign a step..as it is irreversible.

So one can file under PERM without withdrawing case from BEC?

UG. said:
So one can file under PERM without withdrawing case from BEC?

Sure, why not? But it is safer to file PERM for a different position (job title, job location, job duties, skill req'ts, min. req'ts can be different in the PERM application...one or more of these can be different).

mvinays said:
Sure, why not? But it is safer to file PERM for a different position (job title, job location, job duties, skill req'ts, min. req'ts can be different in the PERM application...one or more of these can be different).

Yes one can surely file a different parallel labor under perm....as vinay said it might be even better if one can manage to file the parallel under perm for a different position. I am not sure if my perm application is for a position different than the one for which my traditional was applied. But in practice I am in the same job since beginning.

Need Advise ASAP. Job is at stake.

Hello my fellow forum members, I seek your best advise.

My 9th year H1-B extn. just filed. (Expires in December 06.) My labor, PD of August 2003 filed under EB3 RIR from CA stuck at DBEC.

My employer is not doing well and we have layoffs scheduled. My job is at stake. But I may be safe too. I do not know yet. But I want to play safe. I found an employer who has a startup and support 2 employees. I would be the third if I join.

What would be my best options. I was thinking to process a PERM application through this new startup. Can I go through them; meaning can I successfully process my PERM even though the new company has only 2 people and just one year old?

I can ask my current employer not to cancel my labor petition and request them to file I-140 for me once they receive my labor certification. Can my current employer do that even if I don't work here?

Please advise. Thanks for your time and attention.
GCNaseeb.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCNaseeb said:
Hello my fellow forum members, I seek your best advise.

My 9th year H1-B just filed. (Expires in December 06.) My labor, PD of August 2003 filed under EB3 RIR from CA.

My employer is not doing well and we have layoffs scheduled. My job is at stake. But I may be safe too. I do not know yet. But I want to play safe. I found an employer who has a startup and support 2 employees. I would be the third if I join.

What would be my best options. I was thinking to process a PERM application through this new startup. Can I go through them; meaning can I successfully process my PERM even though the new company has only 2 people and just one year old?

I can ask my current employer not to cancel my labor petition and request them to file I-140 for me once they receive my labor certification. Can my current employer do that even if I don't work here?

Please advise. Thanks for your time and attention.
GCNaseeb.
-----
That shounds reasonable, if your current employer is supportive, how about u apply Preimum for H1 extension, get a yearly extension and then switch to second employer. Also ask first employer to keep LC1 and file for 140 also.
That way you can port your PD also.
Just my opinion, other please make ur suggestions.

BEC case online status checking information???

Do you have any idea where to check the pending BEC LC status online? Actually I wonder if the system is up and running now. It seems there is a temporary periodic of time during which some of us tried it. If it is still not up, do you have any idea when it is going to be available to those unfortunate people like us

Thanks a lot.

Case: RIR EB2
Priority Date: 12/23/2003
Reginal: Jan, 2005
45 Days letter replied: 6/20/2005
LC Approval: Waiting

sreeakshay said:

Can you please clarify?

You cannot replace the priority date on the PERM with older RIR/TR. It's safer NOT to convert RIR/TR to PERM because PERM can be denied (easy approval also comes with bigger risk of denial)....if you have separate RIR/TR pending, you have some back up

no more screen shot ??

woden said:
Do you have any idea where to check the pending BEC LC status online? Actually I wonder if the system is up and running now. It seems there is a temporary periodic of time during which some of us tried it. If it is still not up, do you have any idea when it is going to be available to those unfortunate people like us

Thanks a lot.

Even i am in same state the HR tells me once we get your approval we will tell you.in ideal world sure.in this age no.today i sent for screen shot and got reply that they do not give case status .Has somebody else got same reply.
Md watch may be able to throw some light when the online status will be functional.

Hello!

I tried a few days back and I got the same reply.

Chocolate said:
Even i am in same state the HR tells me once we get your approval we will tell you.in ideal world sure.in this age no.today i sent for screen shot and got reply that they do not give case status .Has somebody else got same reply.
Md watch may be able to throw some light when the online status will be functional.

woden said:

Thanks a lot.

I have PD of Sep 03 and also waiting. Is your case in Dallas BEC and did you have a NOF at state level? . I had a NOF at state level. May be DBEC is not processing those cases as quickly as others!

csrini1 said:
My supervisor called the 202 number and asked the status of my case, and he got reply that it is in processing queue. and asked to call back in few months!!

probably bcoz remanded to state LCs go thru route similar to TR

additional info

jewelhaque said:
Hello!

I tried a few days back and I got the same reply.

the positive thing in all this is they asked if i wanted to change my address of lawyer's or company's.so i mailed my address change. they got it i think as i go the reply but the reply was not that they noted my address change.anyway i think they noticed it as they replied to that mail.
also i think they are updating the online status check so we can't check status by screenshot.i hope so.
the negative factor is they replied the employer /lawyer knows your case status so ask them.as if we didnt know this. :confused: :( :mad: