Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Recruitment authorizations !

Hi TiredDesi,

You are the first to report about recruitment authorizations. Thanks for your the information. Can you get some more details about them, like are they instructions on how to start the recruitment process or does DBEC expect some ad draft to be sent back to them for approval, before starting the recruitment advertisements ?

Thanks in advance !

TiredDesi said:
There's still a long way to go for Traditional cases. All TR cases have to go through recruitment process. My lawyer said she received recruitment authorizations last week on 2 cases (out of over 1000 pending with them), I'm not one of them though. BTW, Mine was also similar like you, case got closed and reopened.

No 45 Day Letter Yet. Contacted DOL

I did not receive the 45 Day letter Yer. My Attorney sent email to DOL on 29th July. Did not receive any response from DOL yet. I am not sure what we need to do.

MI - RIR - EB2 - PD July 2004

:confused: :eek:
hopehope41 said:
Gurus

I have still not received 45-Day letter. I am evaluating if I should contact local Congressmen, now that official
website http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_07-10-06.pdf with email address is provided by DOL.

My company's lawyer has sent email to nobeccontact@dal.dflc.us . But no luck.

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE sound your opinion. I beleive if we all get in touch with Congressmen, then there is a chance that DOL will get such inquiry from multiple source and they will act upon it. What do you think.

Can everyone who have not received 45-day letter please respond.

Please advise.

RIR/EB2/TX Dallas Backlog Center
PD - July 2002
Case#: D-04XXX--XXXXX
45-Day Letter - Not Received

Mi Case - Did not receive 45 Day Letter Yet

Mine is a MI RIR EB2 PD July 2004 case.
I did not receive 45 Day letter yet. Not sure what went wrong. My Attorney sent an email to DOL on 29th july and still no response.

panpangc said:
:confused: Is there any MI' case got approved recently? I saw a lot cases for the other states with the PD date from July, 2004 to Jan, 2005 got approved recently, but not any MI cases.

PD: 06/14/04
D-05195-XXXX RIR EB2 MI
45 Letter replied: 05/22/06
Testing site status: "Data Review"

help required - time running out

hi all;

I need some guidance and advice. I feel I am in big trouble.

I am working for Company A at client's site. Company A is selling this contract to Company B. Almost all employees of Company A are being transferred to Company B. Company A will keep presence only for namesake. It is not the case that Company A is being acquired by or merged with Company B.

Now, my 6th year of H1-B ends by September 10, 2007. I filed for LC through Company A on November 29, 2004. But now my application filed through Company A is going to be useless. Because I will become employee of Company B. Future of Company A is unknown. Most likely it will close down eventually.

Company B is ready to process my H1-B and green card. But I have only one year left. So if I get LC through PERM then can I extend my H1-B?

Or to extend my H1-B I must have both approved LC and I-140?

If my PERM takes too long to clear (both LC and I-140 not approved) then what option do I have?

Since I will be filing for LC when less than 365 days are left for 6th year H1-B to expire, are there any other ways to extend H1-B into 7th year.

Please let me know your views.

Thanks

missingPD,
If company B is willing to do it they can continue your GC process which was started by Com A, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE TRANSITIONED FROM cOMP A TO B, so only thing they need to do is to file a successor in interest with DOL with proper documentation that this contract was sold to Comp B and u were transitioned to B. I am one of such people and who were transitioned from LC sponsoring company to other company.

KGP

missingPD said:
hi all;

I need some guidance and advice. I feel I am in big trouble.

I am working for Company A at client's site. Company A is selling this contract to Company B. Almost all employees of Company A are being transferred to Company B. Company A will keep presence only for namesake. It is not the case that Company A is being acquired by or merged with Company B.

Now, my 6th year of H1-B ends by September 10, 2007. I filed for LC through Company A on November 29, 2004. But now my application filed through Company A is going to be useless. Because I will become employee of Company B. Future of Company A is unknown. Most likely it will close down eventually.

Company B is ready to process my H1-B and green card. But I have only one year left. So if I get LC through PERM then can I extend my H1-B?

Or to extend my H1-B I must have both approved LC and I-140?

If my PERM takes too long to clear (both LC and I-140 not approved) then what option do I have?

Since I will be filing for LC when less than 365 days are left for 6th year H1-B to expire, are there any other ways to extend H1-B into 7th year.

Please let me know your views.

Thanks

45 Day letter

lviswa

Did you receive 45 Day letter ?

Thanks

hopehope41

RIR/EB2/TX Dallas Backlog Center
PD - July 2002
Case#: D-04XXX--XXXXX
45-Day Letter - Not Received

lviswa said:
I beg to differ. My first and last screenshot from January 2006 (I had to pursuade my lawyer to send email to DBEC, which he did, and instantly got response for once) showed the Data source as REGION, ALL EXCEPT the columns -> Processing Type, Occupation Title, Occupation Code, Prevailing Wage and Data Entry Assigned to WERE FILLED, and the case status showed as 'DATA REVIEW'. After that despite couple of email from My attorney, the DBEC has not responded with any screenshot. My case# is D05132-09xxx with priority date as 7/31/2001 (EB2/RIR/CA). Initially filed as Non-RIR and later amended to RIR with the new rule for EB2 Category in 2004.

Most of the cases around the number D05132-xxxxx have either received their 45-day letters or have been approved. We are the unfortunate few, I suppose.. Anyone with the case# starting with D05132 still waiting for 45-day letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
rpat68 said:
I did not receive 45 Day letter yet. Not sure what went wrong. My Attorney sent an email to DOL on 29th july and still no response.

Rpat68,

I would ask my lawyer or company HR call DBEC to find out the reason. They might send to the wrong address.

Good luck!

Panpangc

No updates

jewelhaque said:
I am wondering any one knows about status check which immigration-law.com was talking about.

Even i was hoping on an update.MDwatch may be of help.That would be one relief to us and now it is taking forever.

rpat68 said:

Even my RIR EB3 case is pending at DBEC. Mine was transfered from MI state and never got a 45 day letter and upon requesting for screenshot, I got a reply saying that my case record is not found in the DBEC database. My attorney has sent an email to nobeccontact@dal.dflc.us. Never got a reply for that email. Is there anyone else from MI or other state with same situation.

Anybody received the snapshot from Dallas BEC lately?

I sent an email to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us requesting for the proof of labor filing for applying 7th year extension. I got the following reply:

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Elimination Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications.
If your request is in reference to the following, if acceptable, we will update your information as requested:
• Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
• Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Aliens seeking status must contact their employer (human resource dept.) or attorney to obtain information.

I clearly stated that my visa is expiring and have to apply for 7th yr extension.

Anybody received the snapshot from Dallas BEC lately? Any info will be useful to me?

Thanks.

Can an alien ask?

Goingto7yr said:
I sent an email to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us requesting for the proof of labor filing for applying 7th year extension. I got the following reply:

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Elimination Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications.
If your request is in reference to the following, if acceptable, we will update your information as requested:
• Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
• Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Aliens seeking status must contact their employer (human resource dept.) or attorney to obtain information.

I clearly stated that my visa is expiring and have to apply for 7th yr extension.

Anybody received the snapshot from Dallas BEC lately? Any info will be useful to me?

Thanks.

Can we update the address change in the DBEC.?

kanke said:
Can you please explain the recruitment process. Is it the same as paper advertisement,waiting for other applicant's response for the same job ,etc .....I have done that part while my case was with the state before moving to regional.Do I have to do it again???????
Can you also tell what comes after the Data review? Is it still a really long ride.
Thanks

For RIR case, after the data review, should be in process. For TR case, should falls same way. Just a personal thought.

panpangc

All,
Your help will be greatly appreciated here. I'm trying to extend my H1 for which I need the screen shot. My attoreny applied for the screenshot long time back, but they havent recieved it still. My H1 expires next month.
My labor was filed in IOWA in March 2004 transferred to Dallas BEC. Anyone filed around the same time recieved approval/45 days letter. Please respond.

Labor Approved

EB-2/ RIR
State - MO
Prirority Date - Nov 04, 2004
45-day Letter Jun 09, 2006
45- day Letter reply Jun 23, 2006
Labor certified on July 21, 2006 :)

good luck to every one
Thanks

What happens to 2001 cases in Dallas BEC!

parkland said:
EB-2/ RIR
State - MO
Prirority Date - Nov 04, 2004
45-day Letter Jun 09, 2006
45- day Letter reply Jun 23, 2006
Labor certified on July 21, 2006 :)

good luck to every one
Thanks

Hi,
Atleast Philadelphia seems to be following a pattern of approvals whereas the Dallas BEC is doing mostly 2004 and once in a blue moon 2003 cases.. all is forgotten about 2001 cases! Where is the concept of FIFO! The people who filed in 2004 and 2005 (sorry, nothing against you personally) are getting approvals versus 2001ers. People who filed in 2004 cannot file I-485 because of retrogression, and those who can, are stuck in labor department! Backlog is growing exponentially at various levels now! :mad: There is nobody to ask! Emails sent for screenshot are ignored.. Employers/attorneys are helpless!

If we know what the trend is, we can wait for our turn.. But if it is a case of random selection of cases that are approved, what can we do?

Any analysis on the current trend in Dallas BEC?

Case at Dallas BEC, EB2/RIR/CA
45 day letter replied and received at Dallase BEC 7/21/06
Labor approval : Waiting!!

Hi, you do not need a screen shot. Your attorney will have papers and receipt of your labour application, that should suffice. I have extended H1B without the screenshot. To be honest(as i see in this forum), people are using screen shot to track their case and genuine need of a screenshot is not getting processed. My request to people is not to ask for screen shot if u do not need it. That is the best we can do to each other.

-regards

bostonian_27 said:
All,
Your help will be greatly appreciated here. I'm trying to extend my H1 for which I need the screen shot. My attoreny applied for the screenshot long time back, but they havent recieved it still. My H1 expires next month.
My labor was filed in IOWA in March 2004 transferred to Dallas BEC. Anyone filed around the same time recieved approval/45 days letter. Please respond.

Info required.

thoppays said:
Chocoloate, What address you are referring to?

Its our addresses.Meaning the Alien's address.My HR told me you only shud do it .Then i only informed him we cannot do it only HR or lawyer can do it.I even tried doing it they point blank refused telling your HR/lawyer shud do it.Thats how we get letters when our labor is approved.

Does experience with current employer count ?

I have about 9 years of experience. All the experience is with the current and only employer i was with. I know that EB2's minimum requirement is Masters or 5+ years of experience.

My current employer has filed for GC in the EB2 category. Off late I heard different versions. Some say experience with current employer does not count ..... Is there any truth to this argument ?

PD: 11-FEB-2005
VA/EB2/RIR
45 Day Replied: March - 2006