Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congratulations!

Can you please share your case number D-xxxxx? When did you receive your 45DL and which state? Thanks a lot!

sameerk123 said:
I got an email from HR that my labor was approved. :) Good luck with your own process.

My PD is Jan 3, 2003 and it's in EB 2 RIR. Can someone give me any idea about the next steps? I read that Visa numbers are not available till October for EB2 category. How that affects me?

Thanks,
SK

onlyhope said:
Dear all,
I just found out that they put my RIR case in wrong category, in TR by mistake. My attorney asked them to change it. Any idea how long will that take? Any way to expedite the correcting process
Thanks.
How do you know your case is TR not RIR?

It looks like that right now the only way to check your status is to call the DOL 202 number.

LC approved

Priority date 2/24/03 (Ohio)
EB3- RIR - D-05005-1xxxx
Chicago - 3/2004
40 day letter rcvd - 3/28/06
LC approved - 7/24/06
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
sameerk123 said:
I got an email from HR that my labor was approved. :) Good luck with your own process.

My PD is Jan 3, 2003 and it's in EB 2 RIR. Can someone give me any idea about the next steps? I read that Visa numbers are not available till October for EB2 category. How that affects me?

Thanks,
SK

Sameer,

Congratulation on getting your LCA.

You're just a little unlucky because the Visa numbers became unavailable - they were current for a PD of Jan 2003 for EB2. So that means you can't go ahead and get GC. But what you can do is this - Apply for I-140. I-140 typically takes 2-3 months, and that allows you go on 3 year extensions to H1B.

The Visa numbers would be released next year again - good chance that you still would be current.

All the best.

Kapslock

The attorney called Dallas and found it out. But Dallas BEC does not want to deal with it right away, but asked ask to wait till an analyst get to my case. Waiting in TR queue, who knows how long will that take.

GC_IN_2007 said:
How do you know your case is TR not RIR?

It looks like that right now the only way to check your status is to call the DOL 202 number.

vladys said:
Please help!

Just a question:

I am on 7th year and labor has been pending for 2 years:

What are my possibilities as for as job change goes?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Vladys

In my opinion, Vladys, you don't have much of an option, unfortunately. Its not recommended to change even on an EAD - without Labor is a strict no no. If you had a long time left on your H1, we could even say chuck the current labor, file PERM (you'd have lost your PD though).

I know that if a company A buys over another company B, the LC filed by the company B can be "transferred over" to the company A. Can someone point out if a LC transfer is possible even if Vlady's current company cooperates?

Kapslock

Change of Job

kapslock said:
In my opinion, Vladys, you don't have much of an option, unfortunately. Its not recommended to change even on an EAD - without Labor is a strict no no. If you had a long time left on your H1, we could even say chuck the current labor, file PERM (you'd have lost your PD though).

I know that if a company A buys over another company B, the LC filed by the company B can be "transferred over" to the company A. Can someone point out if a LC transfer is possible even if Vlady's current company cooperates?

Kapslock

Vladys,
I think there is a way around.

If company B (the New company) files for LC under PERM and also can get the I140 (through Premium Processing?) approved before the current H1 (6 year or 7th year) expires, then you can file for 3 year extensions of H1. Once the I140 has been approved, it does not matter if the LC was filed less than a year ago. You can still get the H1 extended for 3 years. However, the drawback of this is you will lose your PD.

I am not sure about transfering LC.

Hope it helps.

Kupondole

recruitment instruction and online status check link

Has anyone received recruitment instruction for TR cases?

Any update on the online status check link?

same status

my company's HR just called 202 number and got the same old reply, I wonder when will we all be able to check our status on line???

Hi Kupondale,

You mentioned that i had to get both my labor and 140 done in the new company, before the 7th year expiry date.

Can the new company start my perm process without me joining the company?

Can they process PERM and 140 without me joining the company?

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks,

Kupondole said:
Vladys,
I think there is a way around.

If company B (the New company) files for LC under PERM and also can get the I140 (through Premium Processing?) approved before the current H1 (6 year or 7th year) expires, then you can file for 3 year extensions of H1. Once the I140 has been approved, it does not matter if the LC was filed less than a year ago. You can still get the H1 extended for 3 years. However, the drawback of this is you will lose your PD.

I am not sure about transfering LC.

Hope it helps.

Kupondole

vladys said:
Hi Kupondale,

You mentioned that i had to get both my labor and 140 done in the new company, before the 7th year expiry date.

Can the new company start my perm process without me joining the company?

Can they process PERM and 140 without me joining the company?

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks,

Vladys,

I am not sure but I think the company can start the PERM and I140 process before you join them as the GC is for the future employment. However, talk with an attorney to be sure.

Kupondole

kanke said:
Can you please write thte 202 number(DBEC).I was searching for that number.I know it had been posted before.Somehow I couldn't find it.
Thanks

Kanke,
here is the number to reach them (202) 693-3010
wish you good luck.